Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

stratovarius.com news postSome extremely bad news
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texidor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I am saddened about this news. Jorg you are amazing! Met you and the band in Baltimore, Maryland USA and you were so personable and genuine to speak with. I send my love and my prayers to you, your family and the band! You will beat this! Good luck to Strato! You inspire me! Like your new song says " MOVE THE MOUNTAIN"!

ggonza43

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Thyroid's cancer, if caught right in time (which happened here), is one of the most inoffensive and benign tumors Smile

Kosmo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Couldn't really believe what i was reading..

VictorTDD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Texidor wrote:
I am saddened about this news. Jorg you are amazing! Met you and the band in Baltimore, Maryland USA and you were so personable and genuine to speak with. I send my love and my prayers to you, your family and the band! You will beat this! Good luck to Strato! You inspire me! Like your new song says " MOVE THE MOUNTAIN"!

Yes, Move the Mountain, Jörg you can do it!

robocop656
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Get well soon Jörg Exclamation Exclamation

NeonVomit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Reading this felt like a punch to the face. Fortunately it seems it was caught early on and Jorg seems like a strong person. My 77-year old great aunt had breast cancer and had to have a masectomy, but she beat it and is still going strong, so Jorg can do it too.

Best wishes, and get well soon Jorg.

Empathica1928

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Absolutely fucking gutted. I was just playing Episode in my car and thinking about how kickass the drumming is on that album...

Come on, Jorg, you can do it. Kick cancer's ass, let 'em know you aren't going to take that shit! And in the end, at least it isn't a deadlier kind of cancer, so that's good news!

The Enigma

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Cancer, always shoking news when it hits. The good part in this miserable news is that Jörg was operated immediately and most likely the docs got the tumor out before it spread outside the gland. Which means that the prognosis will be good and he should be back behind his drumkit quite soon.

Wishing all the best and a quick recovery, Jörg!

mmarton88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Some extremely bad news Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Jörg is my favourite drummer. Technically he is one of the best drummers in the world (with Brian Tichy, Mike Portnoy, and Mike Terrana) and I like his style. He was the first drummer who I started to adore.

I hope he'll get better. I'll think about his fight every day. I'm very sad.

I attend to internation rockkoncerts 4-5-6 times in a month. I've shitload of tickets/photos/guitar picks. But I've only one drumstick, and it is from Jörg. But I wouldn't change it for the all drumsticks of the shows I've ever seen.

Jörd get better, we pray for You!

mayhem-for-all

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

stratopoland wrote:
But life is so cruel. Unfortunately, it very often attacked inappropriate people.

Smokers, alcoholics and Russian nuclear waste transporters? Confused

Rebel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Thoughts and Prayers to him and his family, he's a fighter and I know he'll get through this.

Sheep

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'll be praying for your full recovery, Jörg.

Empathica1928

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Some extremely bad news Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

mmarton88 wrote:
I attend to internation rockkoncerts 4-5-6 times in a month. I've shitload of tickets/photos/guitar picks. But I've only one drumstick, and it is from Jörg. But I wouldn't change it for the all drumsticks of the shows I've ever seen.

Shit, that reminds me, the only drumstick I ever got from a concert was Jorg's at Chicago last year! He tried to throw it out but it hit something and fell on stage, so Jens picked it up and just dropped it on the floor Laughing Best of luck Jorg!

stratopoland

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

mayhem-for-all wrote:
stratopoland wrote:
But life is so cruel. Unfortunately, it very often attacked inappropriate people.

Smokers, alcoholics and Russian nuclear waste transporters? Confused

And people which maintain a healthy lifestyle aswell.

mocobhc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'm shocked, what terrible news! Jörg I wish you hope and strength and a lot of power! You're gonna fight that sucking thing, I'm sure, with the support of your family and friends and fans and your own inner strength, just keep the faith! We're with you and long to see you happy and healthy and ready to kick asses again!
Rest of the guys: Must have been a die hard decision to do the tour without Jörg, which will be totally weird and maybe also burdening thing for you guys, but if it's Jörg's wish - be sure we will all do our fucking best to support you and make this thing a success!

Polaris
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I hope he recovers soon!
I've seen an interview that the thyroid cancer is one of the easiest to heal!
Jorg is a strong man, I'm sure that soon he'll be fine!
All my support and best wishes for him!

adrian9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I put my money on JORG he will beat the shit out of that neoplasm like a double bass drum on "find your own voice".
aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggg gggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

stratodan1990

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Wishing you a speedy recovery Jörg - you're the one and only drummer for Strato! Time for us all to be the cancer of cancer so it is no more. I hope he wins the fight. And in the meantime, we will now buy 10 copies of Elysium! Smile

Isaz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

All the best wishes to Jörg, his family and friends. Luckily thyroid cancer has a very good prognosis especially when detected early, which seems to be the case here. I'm sure you'll win this round, Jörg!

Balu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I can't really say anything others didn't, so get well soon Jörg. Sad

Ilaria Mastroianni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

All who may desire can send their get well soon wishes to Jorg from here: www.stratovarius.eu

or write to get_well_jorg@stratovarius.eu directly

The page is (or will be really soon) both in Italian and English.

Sad

finnlandia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

WE supports him!

life-l

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

omg.......... Crying or Very sad
so many people around the world are worried about him - Jörg, you have to recover!!!!! Smile

IceTear1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

That was a shocking news. I really wish all the best for Jörg, his family and all of you guys.

Kecos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

:S

Get well soon! You can do it, and we're all here to support you Smile

Black_Kitty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

OMG this is so sad! Crying or Very sad But I'm confident that you will beat this Jörg! People all around the world are by your side for this fight!
Take care and good luck from Montréal!

Susie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Omg =( that's horrible news!!!! My aunt has cancer and I can imagine what you all are going through...

Mr. Jörg I wish you a speedy recovery and all my positive thoughts are with you and your loved ones!!!!

We love you!!!! Lovesigh You can beat it!!!

Boh22

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Take that SOB down ! Some lame cancer ain't gonna beat chu. Rolling Eyes

ClauVille

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

You'll be ok Jörg, faster than you think, this disease is bad, but not impossible to beat, you're strong and we're with you!!
The best for you from Argentina!!

Sonne

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

It is a horrible new, but if you keep your strength and follow the treatment, you ´ll beat it Jörg!
Life as a gift, and you still have a long way to go! We believe in you! You are a fighter!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum