Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

MY LIST FOR MOST UNDERRATED STRATO SONG! ( HAVE FUN )
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  

MY LIST FOR MOST UNDERRATED STRATOVARIUS SONGS!
TOMORROW ( EPISODE )
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
MILLENIUM ( INFINITE )
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
THE ABYSS OF YOUR EYES ( VISIONS )
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
MOTHER GAIA ( INFINITE )
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
LEARNING TO FLY ( ELEMENTS PT 1 )
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
I'M STILL ALIVE ( ELEMENTS PT 2 )
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
KNOW THE DIFFERENCE ( ELEMENTS PT 2 )
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
SEASONS OF FAITHS PERFECTION ( ELEMENTS PT 2 )
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
PAPILLON ( ELEMENTS PT 1 )
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
WHEN THE NIGHT MEETS THE DAY ( EPISODE - BONUS TRACK )
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
RIDE LIKE THE WIND ( ELEMENTS PT 2- BONUS TRACK )
16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 59

Texidor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: MY LIST FOR MOST UNDERRATED STRATO SONG! ( HAVE FUN ) Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

In anticipation for the release of " Elysium" I was just curious which of this songs do you think are the most underrated of the Strato catalog. This is just my list ! Have Fun!

robocop656
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I PERSONALLY LIKE TOMORROW A LOT. (I LIKE THE PART WHERE TIMO HITS THE HIGH NOTE, MAYBE HE HAS SEXUAL IMPAIRMENTS, A LITTLE PENIS OR OTHER PROBLEMS)
THERE ARE 2 OR 3 OTHER ONES ON THERE I LIKE A LOT TOO.
WHY AM I WRITING IN CAPS?!?!?

Kosmo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Oooooh Ride Like The wiiiind! Cool

ggonza43

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

It was hard to decide between "Tomorrow" and "Ride Like The Wind", but as the first one I've listened to was the one from Episode, I had to choose it Smile. And sorry to say this, but "Millennium", "Learning To Fly" and "Mother Gaia" aren't underrated at all in my opinion

Texidor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

[quote="ggonza43"]It was hard to decide between "Tomorrow" and "Ride Like The Wind", but as the first one I've listened to was the one from Episode, I had to choose it Smile. And sorry to say this, but "Millennium", "Learning To Fly" and "Mother Gaia" aren't underrated at all in my opinion

In my opinion I tend to think they are..... these songs would not appear in any best of compilation but to me they are some of the most powerful stuff they released....... I listen to Millenium 10 years later and it still has the same power over me! Twisted Evil

icecab21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

tomorrow and learning to fly are two of my favorite strato songs

AGAG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

What about Venus in the morning?

Arkash

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Between The Abyss of your Eyes, Mother Gaia or I'm Still Alive.

But what about:

Coming Home, Leave the Tribe, United, Land of Ice and Snow, Keep the Flame, Will my soul ever rest in peace, The curtains are falling, Distant Skies, Alpha & Omega, Soul of a Vagabond, 4000 rainy nights...

_Pepe_

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

ufff... the abyss of your eyes , WTNMTD or mother gaia? ...
hard desition... ok, Mother Gaia! Very Happy

bockrocker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Night Time Eclipse ftw

NeverendingAbyss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Papillon, actually. It's a musical masterpiece!

Texidor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Papillon, actually. It's a musical masterpiece!

I must give you credit on this one - The middle section of that song is one of the most powerful and emotional I have heard of any song in my life! That and the end of Mother Gaia!

Tarhaea

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Almost all songs of Dreamspace, Twilight Time and Fright Night. Some of Fourth Dimension. For example Hold on to your dream, Madness strikes at midnight and Darkness.

ps. you forgot to put all the Tolkki singing era songs on the list. Very Happy

Texidor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Tarhaea wrote:
Almost all songs of Dreamspace, Twilight Time and Fright Night. Some of Fourth Dimension. For example Hold on to your dream, Madness strikes at midnight and Darkness.

ps. you forgot to put all the Tolkki singing era songs on the list. Very Happy

I did ..... I am not sure why? I seem to not harken to much towards that period. Alot of those songs people know as classics like " Hands Of Time" and " We Are The Future". But you are right maybe next time I need to do a Tolkki-singing era one Smile

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Write in vote: Tears of Ice

But, I voted for Mother Gaia, its a beautiful song.

Burning Reflection

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Voted for I'm Still Alive

but those I think are underrated are Years Go By, Seasons of Faith's Perfection, Liberty, Celestial Dream, Fantasia, and Papillon

Kosmo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think the most unheard of Strato song is Solitude. Not sure though, i was like w00t when i heard it.

foerg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

voted i´m still alive, but i´m missing run away!

adrian9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:53 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

good list! I think It could be longer since you dismissed some from the very first albums....but then again most people do that.
my vote goes to when night meets the day, AWESOME song!

Balu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Out of the ones on the list, I went with Tomorrow. Anyway, Will My Soul Ever Rest in Peace? is the most underrated one.

Also, Papillon sucks.

ggonza43

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Texidor wrote:
In my opinion I tend to think they are..... these songs would not appear in any best of compilation but to me they are some of the most powerful stuff they released....... I listen to Millenium 10 years later and it still has the same power over me! Twisted Evil

That still happens to me with most of the underrated songs, and not only the ones from the list, but also some material from the early work of Strato which by the way were dropped from the list. I can state "Fright Night" is like THE most underrated album of the band, even though I don't like it that much; but it does have some great songs

adrian9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

ggonza43 wrote:
Texidor wrote:

That still happens to me with most of the underrated songs, and not only the ones from the list, but also some material from the early work of Strato which by the way were dropped from the list. I can state "Fright Night" is like THE most underrated album of the band, even though I don't like it that much; but it does have some great songs

I could listen fright night 3 time in a row without getting bored.....in fact I had!

ggonza43

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Black Night, Witch-Hunt and Fright Night are great songs

Beast_Pete

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

LEARNING TO FLY ( ELEMENTS PT 1 )

RazielSR
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

From that list, for me would be When the night meets the day, that its and absolutely masterpiece for me. I don't understand why it wasn't in the album. Then, The abyss of your eyes.

adrian9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

RazielSR wrote:
From that list, for me would be When the night meets the day, that its and absolutely masterpiece for me. I don't understand why it wasn't in the album. Then, The abyss of your eyes.

I guess because it was a Kotipelto song...I would choose when the night meets the day before uncertainty.

Polaris
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

MY GOD!!!!!!! Shocked

Was very hard to choose 'cause I love those songs, principally TOMORROW, THE ABYSS OF YOUR EYES, MOTHER GAIA, SEASONS OF FAITHS PERFECTION, WHEN THE NIGHT MEETS THE DAY & RIDE LIKE THE WIND Very Happy

Elz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

bockrocker wrote:
Night Time Eclipse ftw
+1 and one of the best strato songs

Tarhaea

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

ggonza43 wrote:
I can state "Fright Night" is like THE most underrated album of the band, even though I don't like it that much; but it does have some great songs

Yeah, Fright Night would be totally epic album if the sound quality was even a bit better.

RazielSR
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

adrian9 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:

I guess because it was a Kotipelto song...I would choose when the night meets the day before uncertainty.

Maybe, and that's a bad decision. Cause Uncertainty is nothing compared to When the night meets the day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum