Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Tolkki or Kotipelto?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who has been the best singer for Stratovarius?
Timo Tolkki
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Timo Kotipelto
86%
 86%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 46

Stratowarius 2.0
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Stratowarius wrote:
It took exactly three days for the cheery-old-grandpa-facade to shatter to pieces. Laughing Laughing

Yes, into small pieces of harpsicord. The keys of course... Rolling Eyes

Stratowarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hammer six was an instant classic. It hammered all keys to pieces, but the "tool" was more of a screwdriver if you know what I mean... Wink

Beast_Pete

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Koti is a singer, Tolkki is a guitarist. Tells everything. Also, TK has THE voice of Stratovarius. Without him Strato would not be Strato, just listen to the RR record with Kiske and Tobias.

Stratowarius 2.0
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Stratowarius wrote:
the "tool" was more of a screwdriver if you know what I mean... Wink

The screw has fallen from the appletree. Or was it the christmaspine?? Very Happy

warrencurrymetal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
I won't vote.

The two have found their respective abilities.TK started with drums but found out he has a marvelous voice. Tolkki's voice is different in a sort of bad point of view than a typical high-voice Power Metal singer, but his guitar style stood out from all of the other guitar players of said genre.

This poll doesn't make sense today, in my opinion. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Oranges are better, they have more vitamin c

adrian9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Beast_Pete wrote:
Koti is a singer, Tolkki is a guitarist. Tells everything. Also, TK has THE voice of Stratovarius. Without him Strato would not be Strato, just listen to the RR record with Kiske and Tobias.

+1

Stratowarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Stratowarius 2.0 wrote:
Stratowarius wrote:
the "tool" was more of a screwdriver if you know what I mean... Wink

The screw has fallen from the appletree. Or was it the christmaspine?? Very Happy

I just bought a shrew, but you are not the type of shrew, to be kept in a comfortable and wellequipped cage.Ha! Household vermins are not coddled and fed small pellets of vitamin fortified food. Eyes

Winknudge Spiny Spiny

Polaris
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Beast_Pete wrote:

Yes, I prefer the RR album with Strato too, even been demos are great!

Tolkki voice was good in Dreamspace album, but this album was recorded many years ago, he can't sing anymore!

I can't imagine Stratovarius without Kotipelto, he is the perfect singer for the band! Wink

Tarhaea

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Huh has Tolkki been singer in some of the RR albums? I though he was only the composer and guitarist there?

RazielSR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Tarhaea wrote:
Huh has Tolkki been singer in some of the RR albums? I though he was only the composer and guitarist there?

Yes, if you buy the RR album called New Era you will hear some songs by TT.Those are in a hidden track, the songs are called The ballad of Arnold Layne and ReLoLution has begun.

Arnold Layne
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The ballad of WHO??

Arnold Layne

ggonza43

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

RazielSR wrote:
Yes, if you buy the RR album called New Era you will hear some songs by TT.Those are in a hidden track, the songs are called The ballad of Arnold Layne and ReLoLution has begun.

Yelrotflmao2

mayhem-for-all

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

RazielSR wrote:
Tarhaea wrote:

Thats not right Confused

Those are the hidden tracks on AoA not New Era Rolling Eyes

Luna

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Tolkki or Kotipelto? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Tarhaea wrote:

In my opinion, Tolkki is definately better singer for Stratovarius. He has a voice nobody else has and reasonki.

So that's why TT became a full-time singer in his recent work?

Tarhaea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Luna have you ever thought Tolkki likes playing guitar over singing. Check this interview.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk-eR- ZpUgk

He says that he tries to do what he enjoys most in his life.

ggonza43

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

mayhem-for-all wrote:

I thought they were the bonus tracks of the unreleased album that also has "Speed to light" and "Darkest days" Rolling Eyes

Kosmo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Wait a minute...There isn't such songs is there?! Mad Liars!

Kecos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

ggonza43 wrote:
mayhem-for-all wrote:

I thought they were the bonus tracks of the unreleased album that also has "Speed to light" and "Darkest days" Rolling Eyes

There are also demo versions of those two songs with TT singing!

ggonza43

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Kecos wrote:

Bullshit Laughing Very Happy!

Kecos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

ggonza43 wrote:
Kecos wrote:

Bullshit Laughing Very Happy!

There's also a 3-minute instrumental played solely by Jens Johnsson.

Sumerian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think Tolkki is the better singer because he can sing live. Just my opinion. Smile

Of course Kotipelto is a good guy. He is just getting old...

Kosmo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I know i'm feeding a massive troll but here goes:

Kotipelto is getting old? Oh yeah, because Tolkki stayed young. And Tolkki can sing live huh? That's not at all what he himself said. Laughing And in that little making of self-titled video where Tolkki sang he was really rusty and it was obvious he hasn't sung for real for years.

Rolling Eyes Yeah i know..

ggonza43

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Sumerian wrote:
I think Tolkki is the better singer because he can sing live. Just my opinion. Smile

Why are you back? I mean, why Crying or Very sad?!

Kecos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Don't feed the troll! D:

ggonza43

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Troll my ass Mad!!

mayhem-for-all

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Sumerian wrote:

Laughing You know Tolkki stopped singing because of him sucking when singing live

ggonza43

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

mayhem-for-all wrote:
Laughing You know Tolkki stopped singing because of him sucking when singing live

Snap! That's gonna hurt tomorrow Very Happy!

Luna

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Tarhaea wrote:
Luna have you ever thought Tolkki likes playing guitar over singing. Check this interview.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk-eR- ZpUgk

He says that he tries to do what he enjoys most in his life.

Huh, I was kidding Laughing Laughing
I just don't understand why people always put these two guys into comparison. It is with TK's vocal that this band reached their peak. That means TK's vocal is widerly prefered by fans than TT's.
Of course, there couldn't have been any peak without Tolkki's composing.
BTW, what was wrong with TT in his Trinity? Why he sang again?

ggonza43

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Luna wrote:
...I just don't understand why people always put these two guys into comparison.

Because they were the only 2 official singer the band ever had, duh Cool!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum