Stratovarius New Drummer - Peter Wildoer?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Nahu9keys
Stratovarius New Drummer - Peter Wildoer?

Post by Nahu9keys » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:28 pm

Hi, briefly, i created this topic because i have one hope... I really think that Peter Wildoer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Wildoer could be the perfect replacement of Jörg! I think he's a really nice dude, really talented and it can fit very well with the band. He can play really fast and now, with the Elysium album, i think Strato is going really progressive, and Peter will fit extremely well. Plus he's scandinavian like Lauri, Timo, Jens and Matias, so i think he is perfect for the band. So this is my humble post, i'm really excited about this!!! :) I think there are a lot of people that thinks that Peter could be the right replacement, tell here what you think! CHEERS! :D

PS: This is my first post in this Strato Forum, if i had make any mistake posting this, please tell it to me! :oops:

valo_666

Re: Stratovarius New Drummer - Peter Wildoer?

Post by valo_666 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:35 pm

Too much drummer for an already cadaveric band

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:37 pm

...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

GAGAGO

Post by GAGAGO » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:37 am

valo_666 wrote:Too much drummer for an already cadaveric band

And what an idiot are you? Gypsy? Tartar?

Krigo

Post by Krigo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:09 pm

Nahu9keys wrote:with the Elysium album, i think Strato is going really progressive
Just because they have one progressive song doesn't suddenly mean that Stratovarius is going progressive.

The band will decide themselves based on experience, just because they're a good drummer doesn't necessarily mean they'll get on well with the band. There's already a thread that GAGAGO linked to discuss this so I think it's best to not have two identical threads going. :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:21 pm

If he plays as good as he looks............... 8) Awww, never mind! :wink:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:56 pm

For Peter Wildoer, Stratovarius stuff is kids stuff. He's ready to play some more demanding material than the Strato one. No offense, but Peter is completely amazing and would be working at 30% of his capacity, he is able to do much more complex music...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:35 pm

so can jorg

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:22 pm

icecab21 wrote:so can jorg
for the very first time
i agree with this shithead

:lol: :lol:

Elz

Post by Elz » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:59 pm

alex landenburg

gnurt_gp

Post by gnurt_gp » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:38 am

timo tolkki :lol:

Nahu9keys

Post by Nahu9keys » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:48 am

eternity_strato wrote:For Peter Wildoer, Stratovarius stuff is kids stuff. He's ready to play some more demanding material than the Strato one. No offense, but Peter is completely amazing and would be working at 30% of his capacity, he is able to do much more complex music...
That's the point. I mean, if Peter enters in the band, i think Strato will be able to "explore" new kinds of sounds and to compose more complex music. I think that the band needs to change his "way" a little bit, and not to compose all the same kind of tunes. I find that really interesting. Come on, for sure Matias and the others have a bunch of crazy stuff on their minds that they can realize with a new drummer like Peter!! BTW i know that almost only 1 song (Elysium) sounds progressive, i didn't say that the whole album is progressive... But i have to say that Elysium is a masterpiece, and they can for sure write many other songs like that, while composing classic "Stratovarius" songs! At this point i want a real revolution in the band so i think that Peter, and many others similar drummers, aren't "too much" for Strato, they can contribute to improve the band a lot!! :o

Febo

Post by Febo » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:31 am

eternity_strato wrote:For Peter Wildoer, Stratovarius stuff is kids stuff. He's ready to play some more demanding material than the Strato one. No offense, but Peter is completely amazing and would be working at 30% of his capacity, he is able to do much more complex music...
Well... Tolkki's stuff is kids' stuff for Matias as well :) It is a matter of being in a band that tours the world constantly, a band that is evolving and a band that seems to be healthy again.
If you asked Peter about it, I'd doubt you'd hear from him something less promising than a "I'll seriously think about it". Besides, we seem to be at the gates of what I think will be the most complex Strato record to date.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:48 am

I basically think any decent drummer can play Stratovarius material. And I'm sure an established band like Strato could also have their pick of many technical drummers.

What's 1000x more important is that this guy is not a sociopath/douchebag/egomaniac.

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:16 am

thefreeone wrote:
for the very first time

Do NOT trust Icecar! IT'S... always a trap! Huh!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:27 am

Ilsekena wrote:
thefreeone wrote:
for the very first time

Its a clever ruse to lower your critical thinking skills. Huh! :nervous:

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:32 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:
thefreeone wrote:
for the very first time

Its a clever ruse to lower your critical thinking skills. Huh! :nervous:
PFFF! It's been equally ignoble from your side to criticize my critical thinking skills in such uncriticized incommensurability. HUH!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:41 am

Of course I would think the stratovarius forum would have members that disagree with my statements such as "best wishes in your fight against cancer Jorg" or "glad to hear you have recovered jorg". it's surprising that a person would not agree, but at this forum , who knows?

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:38 pm

gnurt_gp wrote:timo tolkki :lol:
+1
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:33 pm

Elz wrote:alex landenburg
thank you captain obvious,but this is not gonna happen.
A9

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:46 pm

icecab21 wrote:Of course I would think the stratovarius forum would have members that disagree with my statements such as "best wishes in your fight against cancer Jorg" or "glad to hear you have recovered jorg". it's surprising that a person would not agree, but at this forum , who knows?
don't be stupid, we all know you understand what I meant when i said that

Jabi

Post by Jabi » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:31 pm

gnurt_gp wrote:timo tolkki :lol:
How about that other Timo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q97B1J0ixGE&t=0m25s
OMG, they fired Jari! Bastards!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:24 am

why not just agree and leave it at that without going out of your way to insult?

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:54 pm

GAGAGO wrote:

And what an idiot are you? Gypsy? Tartar?
No, I'm just a realistic human being, thanks ;)

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:59 pm

Dear Realistic Human Being, explain this to me like I'm a Complete Idiot because I don't get it :?

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:44 am

Ilsekena wrote:
Dear Realistic Human Being, explain this to me like I'm a Complete Idiot because I don't get it :?

ThesaurusLegend:

Adj. 1. cadaveric - of or relating to a cadaver or corpse; "we had long anticipated his cadaverous end".

There you are
:)

EDIT: Don't bash me for this, it is just my opinion that the current Stratovarius is an absurdity with or without a new drummer, as long as they don't have Timo Tolkki in the core :wink:

Shogakat

Post by Shogakat » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:54 am

valo_666 is just saying that Stratovarius is no more the legendary band that had been during those golds days and that they don't deserve such an excellent drummer Peter Wildoer.

A respectable opinion, but it's just another opinion :). So far, so good.

Nevertheless I prefer this Stratovarius that the band hat we had during 2005-2007. I prefer a cadaveric band that has been recovered from a sever illness called Timo Tolkki than a death band. It's just my opinion, I hope it is respectable too :).

EDIT: I hope people don't bash you, an opinion is just an opinion :)

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:02 am

Shogakat wrote:valo_666 is just saying that Stratovarius is no more the legendary band that had been during those golds days and that they don't deserve such an excellent drummer Peter Wildoer.

A respectable opinion, but it's just another opinion :). So far, so good.

Nevertheless I prefer this Stratovarius that the band hat we had during 2005-2007. I prefer a cadaveric band that has been recovered from a sever illness called Timo Tolkki than a death band. It's just my opinion, I hope it is respectable too :).

EDIT: I hope people don't bash you, an opinion is just an opinion :)
For sure it is. To make my statement clearer, my opinion was even harder than this in the 2005 - 2007 era. To me, Stratovarius should have split in friendly terms after Elements Pt. 2 release. Later releases under the name Stratovarius are just using it for the sake of the trademark. Easier to get gigs, easier to get to put an album out, many things easier.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:11 am

the band members are making a living through he band, not sure how that makes a band dead?

the last two albums charted number 2 and 1 in finland and the band is doing international tours and getting good spots in festivals.

peter has not done anything as successful as recent stratovarius let alone past stratovarius

Shogakat

Post by Shogakat » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:18 am

You just don't know what the future prepares to you. At that point in 2003 Tolkki could not know what happened after the Elements saga release. Being realistic, Stratovarius is no more what had been on that golden days, but still is a good band with a good future projection, which is good.

In 2009 no one would have bet for Stratovarius, and now they have more than 540.000 fans in Facebook, an active career and future plans.

Things have been done properly and well those 3 years. I don't try to convince you, but I want people notice that if they had not worked as hard as they did, if they had followed the projection line of the last years of that band, those things could not be possible. They've worked very hard those years and that is the reason why I still put my trust in them.

They have the name, the trademark "Stratovarius", and they have demonstrated that they can hold what that means.