Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Open Letter to Jens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonic-Winter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Open Letter to Jens Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

A warmhearted thank you for "Kill it with Fire".
I just heard it on youtube and now I think I have to order the official japanese CD.

Several songs on Nemesis seem to be very well written (until now I was only able to listen to youtube because the CD is not availabe yet):
I love "Dragons", "Fireborn", "Unbreakable" and "If the story is over".

Especially "Kill it with Fire" offers many of the best Stratovarius-, Johansson Brothers- and Malmsteen-Trademarks combined! This song with its Keyboard-"overkill" Very Happy is outstanding. It is the coolest neoclassicel keyboard arrangement I have heard in years.

A big thank you for that! I love it!!!

RazielSR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Open Letter to Jens Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Sonic-Winter wrote:

Especially "Kill it with Fire" offers many of the best Stratovarius-, Johansson Brothers- and Malmsteen-Trademarks combined! This song with its Keyboard-"overkill" Very Happy is outstanding. It is the coolest neoclassicel keyboard arrangement I have heard in years.

True, that was exactly what came to my mind while hearing the song. Jens all around, what a fantastic song, seems like a tribute.

Arnold Layne
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Open letters are gay.
Couldn't you have made this post without calling it an open letter?

greetings from panda express,

Arnold Layne

Texidor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Open Letter to Jens Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

RazielSR wrote:
Sonic-Winter wrote:

True, that was exactly what came to my mind while hearing the song. Jens all around, what a fantastic song, seems like a tribute.

Whatever it may be..... This song is a true neo classical powerhouse but not stagnant.... Proof positive that they still have their traditional chops in check! Hail!

rikkertje

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Kill It With Fire is magnificent! That keyboard solo is indeed funny. As is the outro. Lovely neoclassical Strato song.

foerg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

dx7 solo?!?

Inventariado

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I just heard it.

How on EARTH this song is not part of the album???
Top#3 of the new Strato era, according to my humble oppinion.

gazinwales

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Well in the CD booklet, Kill It With Fire, is dedicated to Yngwie.

RazielSR

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

gazinwales wrote:
Well in the CD booklet, Kill It With Fire, is dedicated to Yngwie.

True, and it was obvious anyway.

robocop656
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Japanese people always get all the awesome bonus tracks. America just gets 50 chicken nuggets with barbeque sauce.

RazielSR

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

jajajajajaja!!

Yea it's true, this is what they do when they buy the japanese editions 60% cheaper than us!! Mad Mad Very Happy

NeverendingAbyss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

robocop656 wrote:
America just gets 50 chicken nuggets with barbeque sauce

What's wrong with that? Pacscat Smile Razz

robocop656
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Nuthin much fellow patriot. Now Excuse me while I eat my heart medication dipped in mayonnaise. (I'm vegetarian. Wink )

This guy is looking for miditek.

JensJohansson
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Thank you all for the kind words!

Japanese fans have to pay a hell of a lot for their records .. it's how it is!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
a_Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

JensJohansson wrote:

Why not release this song in Special limited ultra edition which costs about same as in japan? I would buy it for sure Wink

R.F.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

a_Sniper wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:

Why not release this song in Special limited ultra edition which costs about same as in japan? I would buy it for sure Wink

Isn't it easier just to buy a Japanese edition? The shipping may be costly, though. Does anyone know how much, by the way?

bockrocker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

R.F. wrote:
a_Sniper wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:

Isn't it easier just to buy a Japanese edition? The shipping may be costly, though. Does anyone know how much, by the way?

A lot! Through amazon anyway. If you buy it through ebay or something those asian sellers will only charge $3 shipping and you might get it in a month or so, but amazon.co.jp only offers fast international shipping for like $20 + $4 per item (so it makes sense to buy many items at once).

RazielSR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I bought the special edition from CD Japan and it was 34€, including fedex one day delivery that then was 5 days.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum