Stratovarius Nemesis World Tour Setlist

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
RazielSR
Re: Stratovarius Nemesis World Tour Setlist

Post by RazielSR » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:23 pm

SentineLEX wrote:Timo's voice range can't support Elements anymore D:
Completely true. Plus, I don't know what's happening, but every time they are touring, after some shows, his voice starts to suffer again. He seems with flu many times or some kind of virus the whole tours. Let's hope he will get better :?
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Tonight's show in Nürnberg is cancelled, due to Timo's health, singing could damage his voice seriously. Gonna keep you updated about what happens instead, heard that the Seven Kingdoms/Amaranthe guys want to do/sing one or two of the songs instead - we'll see. Poor Timo, really wish he gets well again asap!!

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:07 pm

RazielSR wrote:
SentineLEX wrote:Timo's voice range can't support Elements anymore D:
Completely true. Plus, I don't know what's happening, but every time they are touring, after some shows, his voice starts to suffer again. He seems with flu many times or some kind of virus the whole tours. Let's hope he will get better :?
True. I really think his voice is not capable of touring and singing (high) anymore. Yes, in the studio it works fine. Singing parts apart from each other, production tools, etc. But in a live setting its transposed down and still you can hear he's struggling to reach notes and is out of breath quite fast. The first shows are quite okay but then the weakness kicks in and his voice just can't handle it anymore. I don't want to think this, but I feel there won't be any improvement anymore.

That being said I want to say get well to TK!

*start the flood of denying comments*

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:32 pm

Oh shit, not again...

But what happened to him? It is flu? Something related to his vocal chords and nothing related to flu? I mean, what is causing all these problems he is having while touring since 2010 more or less?

:? :? :?
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:23 pm

Für das Konzert von STRATOVARIUS + AMARANTHE gibt es ausreichend Karten an der Abendkasse. STRATOVARIUS-Sänger Timo ist wieder fit und freut sich auf die heutige Show!
I think this means that Timo will be back tonight...

Black_Kitty

Post by Black_Kitty » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:45 pm

Not a good idea. I really think he should rest... :? A throat infection doesn't heal in a day...

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:14 pm

Show must go on.

Hopefully it's nothing permanent. Although if it does, I guess TK can start singing Bonnie Tyler at shows ;)

I do hope all is well though.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:52 am

:lol: :lol:
Morning TV shoot at RTVE, Madrid: Los conciertos de radio 3. Will be broadcast in the near future. Que viva España!!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 656&type=1

loooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!! :
Juanmi Torres Suñer I will be discharging your truck in a couple of hours and making the load tonight, I took so much time waiting this... you guys are the best band ever!!!

Skyggeboy

Post by Skyggeboy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:56 am

I made a new cd for my car's cd-player and included songs only from Polaris, Elysium and Nemesis. To me it's quite good list of songs and I wouldn't be sad if they would some day play a setlist like it. :wink:

Under Flaming Skies
Deep Unkown
King Of Nothing
Castles In The Air
Fantasy
Winter Skies
Darkest Hours
One Must Fall
Out Of The Fog
Halcyon Days
Falling Star
---
encore
---
Abandon
Fairness Justified
Unbreakable
Nemesis

That's not bad at all. But I don't believe that they will never play only Post-Tolkki songs. At least not in 2-3 years. :roll:

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:20 pm

I love your mix, would be a great setlist indeed <3

But to be fair, they really have improved the set on this tour, I'm really happy that they play so many Nemesis songs. Set just lacks Nemesis title track and Deep Unknown ;)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:13 pm

Last saturday night Stratovarius show at Madrid was unbelievable! Tk's voice was astonishing. I cound't believe it cause as we all know he was ill again and we were afraid about it. But when the show started, my ears realized I was hearing the best Kotipelto again! I hope the rest of the people that is gonna see them live in this tour can have TK with that quality for the rest of the tour. Later, Lurdi and I took some pictures with them as usual and had a conversation with Lauri and Matias. It was really special. We said we post a lot in Stratoforum, that place plenty of madness and chaos :lol: and suddenly Lauri remembered the problem he had with some guy called "Raziel" from the forum in 2011 in a show in Madrid too (it was a little problem and I couldn't take a picture with him), and I said WTF! That was me, dude! jaja!. It was really special. It is amazing the way Lauri was saying that the fans are "the boss" of the band and that the band would mean nothing without the fans.
To see that amazing artist being that humble and close to the fans, have no price! He said he was very happy to hear the crowd singing the new songs and that it was the best show in Spain since long time ago. He said too that with Nemesis, they found the path again, and that they want to take advantage of this moment with more albums and tours. He said Polaris was good, Elysium was better but with Nemesis they reached the fan's hearts again and they are seeing and feeling it in this tour. Lauri was amazing the whole time, we all know he always so close to the fans and he is a very good person but now I think he is even better! While saying to Timo that he was amazing, he said he is feeling a lot better, but the cambylobacteria returns sometimes and fucked the things up. Regarding the two other bands, Amaranthe is a band that I don't like. I mean, it is not my style. It is popmetal, like a eurovision band with guitars.
Seven Kingdoms surprised me. I hope this band will have success. They are very friendly and kind and I liked their style. The singer is good, a lot better than Elyze. The problem is that power metal in USA is not that popular. I hope they will get the support they need in Europe and USA.

Stratovarius is living a unique moment again, with a lot of sucess in new fans and old ones! They are being really powerful in stage! THANKS STRATO!!

Setlist:

Abandon
Speed of light
Eternity
Halcyon days
Drum solo
Destiny
Eagleheart
Fantasy
Dragons
Keyboard solo
Black diamond

Encore:
If the story is over
Unbreakable
Hunting high and low

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uEujDcipp2U?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uEujDcipp2U?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HepBNvBAH3g?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HepBNvBAH3g?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZJ9ophv_fF0?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZJ9ophv_fF0?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ZqjF-FoBX0?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ZqjF-FoBX0?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7gcdc4AFQ4U?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7gcdc4AFQ4U?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_X3-HB_lVag?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_X3-HB_lVag?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ujT5iKKEOCI?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ujT5iKKEOCI?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hrXUHK--SGg?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hrXUHK--SGg?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:52 pm

Reading your post kinda made me smile all the time, so much in there that reminded me of my own feelings :) Evenings like this you'll never forget...
I hope they keep If The Story Is Over in the set for the last German shows, seems like they got rid of Stand My Ground unfortunately - but Story... would be great to hear instead. Guess we won't see the title track or Castles anymore, but doesn't really matter, show's amazing anyway

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:18 pm

mocobhc wrote:Reading your post kinda made me smile all the time, so much in there that reminded me of my own feelings :) Evenings like this you'll never forget...
I hope they keep If The Story Is Over in the set for the last German shows, seems like they got rid of Stand My Ground unfortunately - but Story... would be great to hear instead. Guess we won't see the title track or Castles anymore, but doesn't really matter, show's amazing anyway
I was there too, with RazielSR, and I can tell you we will never forget that night, as I told Lauri when we talked to him after the show. They were so close to all the fans,like Seven Kingdoms and Amaranthe, (Sabrina Valentine is such a kind and sweet girl!!) and this experience is even more complete because the show was wonderful, they played so fucking well and Timo sang incredible, so when you talked to them you really noticed how happy they were with how the show went because of them but also because of the audience, who sang along with them even the new lyrics. It was such a relief when we noticed Timo was fine with the vocals, (to say the least)because we knew he had been ill for some days some weeks ago, and in 2011 he was also ill there in Madrid, therefore it was a bit scary.
I would also like to hear Castles live sometime, like you say, but it is impossible to please everyone, so whatever songs they sing, there will always be someone who will say:'' I would have liked...''
If they come next year, we will also be there for sure, but let's hope it's not as cold as it was this year. It seems these guys brought this cold with them! :D
By the way, we saw Timo Tolkki among the audience!! :shock:
kidding... :lol:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:25 pm

mocobhc wrote:Reading your post kinda made me smile all the time, so much in there that reminded me of my own feelings :) Evenings like this you'll never forget...
:) It is something that I like a lot, to know and share the feelings the fans have with the band, cause this band is soooo awesome with the fans. I was waiting for Stand my Ground and they didn't play it :? :? :? When I said that to Lauri, he laughed and said that they were always playing the song these past days...shit!! it is my fav from the album, but well, it was great. I asked Lauri about playing Elysium live (the song) and he said maybe they will play some medley or something or maybe the whole song someday, but it is difficult because of the time. Rolf is too shy (not on the stage). He went quickly to the bus, maybe he got scared when I called him ROLF!!!! very loudly when he was sitting near the stage :lol:

Shogakat

Post by Shogakat » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:48 pm

And that's just the beginning. In Barcelona they played a great show too, and the crowd was very warm with the band, always singing (including the new songs - Unbreakable the loudest-) and that's why the show went to the fucking olympus!

I still regret that they chose Amaranthe as "co-headliner" band and with the show, I still regret it more... I mean, of course Amaranthe was followed with a fan crowd into the Stratovarius crowd, but that was mostly people who were all the time saying "Elize fuck me"/ "Pretty Elize" and were only there for Elize, not for Amaranthe, neither for Power Metal... And the fans of Amaranthe after the Amaranthe show went behind and didn't help the Strato Crowd with the show (We were louder and more willing to have fun than them though- just check the video that uploaded in Facebook). On the other hand I think that Amaranthe are a great band with a lot of possibilities, but non-sense between to Power Metal Bands.

After this "subsection", overall this was the best Stratovarius show in Barcelona I have seen, and a lot of people were surprised of this (some of them put it before the Strato + SymphonyX show in 2003). The show was powerful, intense, had its deep moments with Eternity, its emotive ones with "If The Story Is Over" and the new songs were all sung or hummed by the crowd. Here in Barcelona the people are really happy with the situation.

I really regret to not stay there to talk with the band or take some photos! It's a pity to have more than a thing to do in a metal evening :? :?

Still there's a lot to do, filling or about to fill a venue like Razzmatazz 2 is just the beginning and I really hope that they could fill venues like Apolo or Razzmatazz1 here in BCN. The crisis in Barcelona do not let people pay those 30 euros every time nowadays ...
PS: A suggestion for the band :arrow: try to contract the BCN show with the Apolo venue, it's better than Razz2, and not as big as Razz1 but still much better than it. :idea: :idea:

Here the crowd is really happy with the band and we really enjoyed a lot the show!! :D :D

ROCK THE METAAAAAL!! :) :) :)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:05 pm

Shogakat, but one think is clear, since they returned with Polaris, this is their best moment. I mean, every year and step by step the band is getting a lot of power again. Incredible how the people in Europe are getting into Stratovarius again. And here in Spain specially, you have shows on TV and all!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:12 pm

Amaranthe is such an awful band.
They let us have signatures on this forum???

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:17 pm

Rebel wrote:Amaranthe is such an awful band.
I agree. I was like WTF...Elyze was striking poses...constantly touching her hair, dancing as if she was in a disco, etc, etc. She was really out of the rest of the band, seems it was just about her. I have nothing against that kind of styles, I mean, they are free to express what they feel about music, and they are being famous with it, but that just pop and have nothing to do with this world of metal. Seven Kingdoms was really cool, a lot of talent there. I hope they will get fans around here.Rebel, are they known in the USA?

Shogakat

Post by Shogakat » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:20 pm

Of course! Here in Spain the crowd is growing a lot! There's a lot of effort from the band there, so it's normal that old and new fans support the band! If that's just the beginning so I am really curious to know the next step they'll follow... :) :) :) :)

The TV Show will be televised the next week! I will be in front of the TV for sure then hahah :D . And,for that reason I am really happy with it all too! The they arrived to BCN, then Stratovarius get a plane and went to film a show for TVE, then returned to BCN and were capable to rock the metal (and Kotipelto sung fantastic)! It was a hell of a day for them and they still had a smile for everyone on the stage and after the show!

And... earMusic/Edel has a lot to say there. This label has helped a lot to relaunch this band; they pushed for them and they did not lose the opportunity!

Tiruriruriruuuriiiiiiii!! I am really happy with it all hohohoho! :spin2: :funhi:

EDIT: I think it's fair to name Seven Kingdoms! I listened something in youtube and they did not get my attention but on stage they are cool! Good job :)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:08 am

Shogakat wrote: The TV Show will be televised the next week! I will be in front of the TV for sure then hahah :D .
What day exactly??
And... earMusic/Edel has a lot to say there. This label has helped a lot to relaunch this band; they pushed for them and they did not lose the opportunity!
I completely agree.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uJyuevYfW4c?hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uJyuevYfW4c?hl ... ;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:20 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seeing some pictures I took, now I remember seconds before the big guy from Seven Kingdoms almost fell all over the crowd :shock: :shock: :D Image

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:15 am

stratovairus are more/just as pop than amaranthe. its not like songs like fantasy are brutal death metal

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:28 am

Amaranthe is quite alright live imo. I'm not a fan of their albums because many songs sound and feel kind of similar, but on stage I think they're giving their best and I had a good time with them as well. And I like their temporary singer Henrik, doing a verygood job. Still, I would've been more satisfied with real Strato-headlining shows ofcourse ;)

Seven Kingdoms impressed me a lot, got their albums after the shows. Sabrina is quite a good singer live, and the rest of the band really knows their stuff!

Whooohoo three more shows to go this week, lucky me, so much looking forward to them. Guess the German crowds are nothing compared to you Spanish though :/

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:40 am

icecab, it is not just for their songs, it is for other reasons. If you ever see them live someday, you will understand (or not, cause you are really strange when talking about understanding things). I'm not saying they have no talent or that they are not capable, in fact, I think the drummer was reallly good, and the guitars too, but the singer is just boring and it is like going to a disco and see one of the 1000000000000 dance singers around here in Europe. If you like it, enjoy, but I think a lot of people can see that this band have nothing to do with these other bands they are playing with regarding metal music. To say that Stratovarius is as pop as Amaranthe, shows that you have serious problems. Stratovarius always created some poppy songs like Paradise, HHAL, Fantasy now...but if you are comparing that to Amaranthe songs and behaviour, ok...

Mocob, I agree, Seven Kingdoms , is a better band IMO than Amaranthe in every aspect, they just need more support and better gear and equipment.

Mocob, you are always going to thousand of shows! What a life! 8)

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:57 pm

RazielSR wrote:Mocob, you are always going to thousand of shows! What a life! 8)
Yeah, atm I'm kind of a Stratoliveshowjunkie :lol: Though I didn't see as much as I wanted after nearly passing out five minutes before the Bochum show started, and being put back into bed (or better the hotels' bathroom) with serious gastric flu instead of seeing the Bochum/Hamburg shows :/ There are better things on this world than being damn sick in a train on your way home instead of the way to Hamburg... So I'm even more glad about the upcoming shows this week ;)

But yeah, what a life indeed! Seriously, thinking about how much this band changed my life... During the last three years I have seriously been happier than ever, and my life seems to have become much richer than before... Not so much because of the (considerably high) amount of time listening to their and especially Lauris music, but much more because of the things I'm doing now which I wouldn't have even thought of doing before! Like, going to see the most different kinds of places while attending their shows, flying to Idontknowwhere just for a single evening, but never being disppointed afterwards, because I always meet lots of the nicest people you can imagine, and shared happiness and joy with them while being at the shows or talking about the music afterwards! Sounds quite dumb, but all that has started with seeing them live on stage for the first time, it impressed me so much, and I started, for the first time in my life, to try to live now, in the very moment, and try to DO all the things I want to do while I can, instead of just dreaming about them. And I'm especially thankful towards Matias and Lauri because their work seems best able to touch my inner soul, listening to their music always feels authentic and honest to me and gives me inner peace and inner strength and ease and makes me forget all the trivia happening in the world or at work or wherever... No other music was able to do that to me up till now. So what can I say, the past three years have been the best of my life.

Sorry for the pathetic tl; dr but I guess I needed to say thank you once

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:00 pm

But that means a lot of money and free time!! How can it be pathetic to read about it??!! :) :)

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:26 am

You are the one with the Polaris cover art on the sports car right, mocobhc? Are you an investment banker? Maybe you can buy the whole band and own it like a professional sports team. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:23 am

No, that's not mine. But I'm happy to call him a friend of mine :) Another one I wouldn't have got to know without the help of Strato. Or this forum, to be exact.

And no again, I'm working in a city office :lol: It's not like I do this every month... ;)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:54 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49JVMCflD3c
this does not seem very pop performance to me
unless over in europe headbanging guitarists and growling vocalists dressed in black count as pop, but that's not different from what stratovarius guys do. stratovarius does not even have aggressive signing.
if two bands use some of the same stage moves it does not make sense to say they are doing different stage moves

from the songs ive heard they fit in with stratovarius songs like halcyon days, and i don't think stratovarius thinks its so out of place to tour. the crowds were moving in the videos i watched

foerg

Post by foerg » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:37 am

robocop656 wrote: Are you an investment banker?
:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: