Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Rhapsody of Fire - Dark Wings of Steel

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rikkertje
Sr. Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Posts: 1798
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Rhapsody of Fire - Dark Wings of Steel Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Just heard this first trailer of the coming album Dark Wings of Steel. Made me really excited! The choirs and orchestrations sound like an updated version of the RoF from around Power of The Dragonflame!.

What do ya'll think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=VyXdj8pYbJ8

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr cool Edit
Sr. Member


Joined: 18 Feb 2012
Posts: 1411
Location: Hi, I'm Timo Tolkki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire - Dark Wings of Steel Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

rikkertje wrote:
Just heard this first trailer of the coming album Dark Wings of Steel. Made me really excited! The choirs and orchestrations sound like an updated version of the RoF from around Power of The Dragonflame!.

What do ya'll think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=VyXdj8pYbJ8


I think that rhapsody with out turilli:

1- change his sound dor one more clear and more aunthentic

2- put a real choir and real orchestra why now that alex are alone , are a bit scared why all now depends of he, how no change the style, he a inverting tons of money in sover the turilli part.
(The same happened with stratovarius in Polaris Album)

3- is the same rhapsody of ever. IMPRESSIVE

4- I will buy the cd

5- with his sound, so clear, Rhapsody show that they are a HUGE, FANTASTIC, IMPRESSIVE AND VERY TALENTED BAND.

6- if Rhapsody, no sAmple the giant choir in shows, i dont will pay him any ticket. I can be happy only with the cd. Why rhapsody of fire with out the hUge choir is other metal band like a lot others one.

oNLY CAN YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN IF YOU SEE "tHE WALL LIVE" ROGER WATERS.

is the top 1 show live of the history

and i tell you more. in argentina , Roger waters put to full The River plate stadium with a capacity og 45000 persons, 7 times

this mean 315.000 persons in 7 nights!!!

and if you listen the choir sampled in live, i bet that you cry like a mother like i cry!

i want this for may future band


<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/7OPrProdQX4? version=3&amp;hl=es_ES"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/7OPrProdQX4? version=3&amp;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></ object>

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
thefreeone
Sr. Member


Joined: 16 Aug 2004
Posts: 384
Location: Quito- Ecuador

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire - Dark Wings of Steel Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Mr cool Edit wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
Just heard this first trailer of the coming album Dark Wings of Steel. Made me really excited! The choirs and orchestrations sound like an updated version of the RoF from around Power of The Dragonflame!.

What do ya'll think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=VyXdj8pYbJ8


I think that rhapsody with out turilli:

1- change his sound dor one more clear and more aunthentic

2- put a real choir and real orchestra why now that alex are alone , are a bit scared why all now depends of he, how no change the style, he a inverting tons of money in sover the turilli part.
(The same happened with stratovarius in Polaris Album)

3- is the same rhapsody of ever. IMPRESSIVE

4- I will buy the cd

5- with his sound, so clear, Rhapsody show that they are a HUGE, FANTASTIC, IMPRESSIVE AND VERY TALENTED BAND.

6- if Rhapsody, no sAmple the giant choir in shows, i dont will pay him any ticket. I can be happy only with the cd. Why rhapsody of fire with out the hUge choir is other metal band like a lot others one.

oNLY CAN YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN IF YOU SEE "tHE WALL LIVE" ROGER WATERS.

is the top 1 show live of the history

and i tell you more. in argentina , Roger waters put to full The River plate stadium with a capacity og 45000 persons, 7 times

this mean 315.000 persons in 7 nights!!!

and if you listen the choir sampled in live, i bet that you cry like a mother like i cry!

i want this for may future band


<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/7OPrProdQX4? version=3&amp;hl=es_ES"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/7OPrProdQX4? version=3&amp;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></ object>


I think nobody understood what you said

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
rikkertje
Sr. Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Posts: 1798
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Let's keep this thread about RoF! Smile

Anyone else heard the trailer?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thefreeone
Sr. Member


Joined: 16 Aug 2004
Posts: 384
Location: Quito- Ecuador

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

rikkertje wrote:
Let's keep this thread about RoF! Smile

Anyone else heard the trailer?


Im sorry.

I did like it, but nothing has changed!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Mr cool Edit
Sr. Member


Joined: 18 Feb 2012
Posts: 1411
Location: Hi, I'm Timo Tolkki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

thefreeone wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
Let's keep this thread about RoF! Smile

Anyone else heard the trailer?


Im sorry.

I did like it, but nothing has changed!



thats ok if nothing understand, the world is free

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Rebel
Sr. Member


Joined: 21 Aug 2007
Posts: 2111

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

http://blackwindmetal.com/rhapsody-of- fire-dark-wings-of-steel/

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rikkertje
Sr. Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Posts: 1798
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Thanks Rebel! Really curious!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kmasters
Member


Joined: 05 Dec 2005
Posts: 257

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

https://itunes.apple.com/it/album/dark- wings-of-steel/id727635527

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr cool Edit
Sr. Member


Joined: 18 Feb 2012
Posts: 1411
Location: Hi, I'm Timo Tolkki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

i think that Alex is more happy.....

the crazy depressive stuff is work of Luca turilli

I will get the cd, sound all very soft or maybe is YouTube that is a shit

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Kmasters
Member


Joined: 05 Dec 2005
Posts: 257

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/ bC3tbfhpKqM?hl=es_ES&amp;version=3"></ param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/ bC3tbfhpKqM?hl=es_ES&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></ object>

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr cool Edit
Sr. Member


Joined: 18 Feb 2012
Posts: 1411
Location: Hi, I'm Timo Tolkki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Kmasters wrote:
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/ bC3tbfhpKqM?hl=es_ES&amp;version=3"></ param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/ bC3tbfhpKqM?hl=es_ES&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></ object>


Well, I see that the crazy drummer man dont have thongue hahhahaah

Im listen that is a maniac stuff of metal discographics companies en push back the singers....

Im liten this with a tny sound blaster live ! 24-96 configured down Windows seven pro 64 bits at 48-24 - one normal speakers genius and my studio headphones

you see, the creativa sound card is the best for home gamers pcs, and the genius headphone line have a tended to forcé some frequencies, that compared with a flat sound , can sount the Singer most in front (normal multimedia reproduction), with some compressor effect.

I see stratovarius (finnvox), Now Rhapsody of fire ( Alex mix) and one band friend (Arctica with mark boals band) that put the Singer back, and isnt for be a bad singers, they all are great!!

anyway i see that sound very good but soft for be a super agressive song...

maybe the best agressive guitar in this last time got it.....

ta ta ta taaaaaaaa!!!!!!





NIGHTWISH AND HIS BLONDE GUITARRIST!!!

hahahaha yes, yes.....

i need say that for rithm guitar, this guy have the best sound.....

anyway...... the prodiction of this song is no high that Fabio lione looks like other Singer........

i need catch the cd and listen the original sound.....

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Mr cool Edit
Sr. Member


Joined: 18 Feb 2012
Posts: 1411
Location: Hi, I'm Timo Tolkki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Kmasters wrote:
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/ bC3tbfhpKqM?hl=es_ES&amp;version=3"></ param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/ bC3tbfhpKqM?hl=es_ES&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></ object>



HHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! this is your son or what, man!!!!!

see this kid!!!!! i can pay hin and come to play with me jajaajajaja


<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/pi7fwPzv9iA? hl=es_MX&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></ param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/pi7fwPzv9iA? hl=es_MX&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></ object>

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
adrian9
Sr. Member


Joined: 04 Aug 2004
Posts: 1678
Location: VENEZUELA!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

finally some real talent

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr cool Edit
Sr. Member


Joined: 18 Feb 2012
Posts: 1411
Location: Hi, I'm Timo Tolkki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

FABIO LIONE IS HUGE!!!!!!!!

but..... one light tenor go do3 to re5

I listen 2 voices in paralel, I whant know what tech nology rhapsody are using to fake a Tenor!!!!

why The Magical of the wizard's dream hit one max note of hits notes to db5 without falssetto

anyways in the Studio the tenor no sing Db5

Rhapsody comvoque a baritone and one liric tenor that never touch DB5 only do it Fabio Lione in Metal Vocals

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/89-9s_5YZm4? version=3&amp;hl=es_ES&amp;rel=0"></ param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/89-9s_5YZm4? version=3&amp;hl=es_ES&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Im liric tenor, my range is C3 to C5 in pure voice

Im looking in the net if i catch to Fabio lione singing like light tenor (Classical one) and if i listen him, is my idol!!!!!!!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Mr cool Edit
Sr. Member


Joined: 18 Feb 2012
Posts: 1411
Location: Hi, I'm Timo Tolkki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/IAHP3K0h3JM? version=3&amp;hl=es_ES&amp;rel=0"></ param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/IAHP3K0h3JM? version=3&amp;hl=es_ES&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>


Fabio lione supporting to Angra......

I love this guy......

he is a huge talent with feets

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Equinox
Sr. Member


Joined: 23 Aug 2004
Posts: 3417
Location: Denver USA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Oh, this is great news!

So, will this be the start of a 3rd saga? Because they finished The Dark Secret, right?

They have so many Sagas, and so many dragons and so many elements...Whatever, as long as the music is good.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adrian9
Sr. Member


Joined: 04 Aug 2004
Posts: 1678
Location: VENEZUELA!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Mr cool Edit wrote:


I listen 2 voices in paralel, I whant know what tech nology rhapsody are using to fake a Tenor!!!!



ok here is Voice Double Tracking 101

here is what wikipedia says

Double tracking is an audio recording technique in which a performer sings or plays along with their own prerecorded performance, usually to produce a stronger or "bigger" sound than can be obtained with a single voice or instrument. It is a form of overdubbing; the distinction comes from the doubling of a part, as opposed to recording a different part to go with the first. The effect can be further enhanced by panning one of the performances hard left and the other hard right in the stereo field.

that pretty much sums it up, my favorite examples are
Heart of glass by blondie, debbie harrie sings with herself in different octaves
Nirvanas whole nevermind album, almost every song contains two vocal tracks by kurt and two backing vocals by dave, since their voices naturally blended butch did the best with them.
the police ghost in the machine album have many great tracks of sting doing vocal tracks in the same octave doing justice to his nickname.
there are many uses and tricks like doubling with 3ths 6ths or doing 40 tracks of overdubbing like Queen did.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rebel
Sr. Member


Joined: 21 Aug 2007
Posts: 2111

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Equinox wrote:
Oh, this is great news!

So, will this be the start of a 3rd saga? Because they finished The Dark Secret, right?

They have so many Sagas, and so many dragons and so many elements...Whatever, as long as the music is good.
Sounds like they're done with sagas.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr cool Edit
Sr. Member


Joined: 18 Feb 2012
Posts: 1411
Location: Hi, I'm Timo Tolkki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

adrian9 wrote:
Mr cool Edit wrote:


I listen 2 voices in paralel, I whant know what tech nology rhapsody are using to fake a Tenor!!!!



ok here is Voice Double Tracking 101

here is what wikipedia says

Double tracking is an audio recording technique in which a performer sings or plays along with their own prerecorded performance, usually to produce a stronger or "bigger" sound than can be obtained with a single voice or instrument. It is a form of overdubbing; the distinction comes from the doubling of a part, as opposed to recording a different part to go with the first. The effect can be further enhanced by panning one of the performances hard left and the other hard right in the stereo field.

that pretty much sums it up, my favorite examples are
Heart of glass by blondie, debbie harrie sings with herself in different octaves
Nirvanas whole nevermind album, almost every song contains two vocal tracks by kurt and two backing vocals by dave, since their voices naturally blended butch did the best with them.
the police ghost in the machine album have many great tracks of sting doing vocal tracks in the same octave doing justice to his nickname.
there are many uses and tricks like doubling with 3ths 6ths or doing 40 tracks of overdubbing like Queen did.


Thanks, but seriously...... if one band isnt good with all the technology that the music market have, why really is horrible band.....

I done my powermetal song in Pro tools and im making the video clip.

Pro tools do all the sound enginieer job automatic....

Whatever guy is sound enginieer with pro tools

I was desactivated all the automatic stuff why is a fucking vicious all those toys....

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member


Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Posts: 4445

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

If I had a nickel for every time MCE mentions pro tools, I'd be richer than Bill Gates. Laughing

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr cool Edit
Sr. Member


Joined: 18 Feb 2012
Posts: 1411
Location: Hi, I'm Timo Tolkki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
If I had a nickel for every time MCE mentions pro tools, I'd be richer than Bill Gates. Laughing


pro tools is "THE PERFECT TOOL AGAINST IDIOTS"

more easy cant be. I press one Button and the program mix all automatic

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
adrian9
Sr. Member


Joined: 04 Aug 2004
Posts: 1678
Location: VENEZUELA!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Laughing
pro tools does a lot of tricks a have various presets for the user to start , but is only that , a starting point, the magic is creating from there your own stuff.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonhals
Jr. Member


Joined: 31 Jan 2014
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

If this album seems with POWER OF THE DRAGON FLAME it will be great!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group