5 years ago, around this time

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Rebel
5 years ago, around this time

Post by Rebel » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:29 am

This forum was still sort of freaking out about Matias Kupiainen. I remember when they announced him, all he had was the Hangover Shred, a few of his "Boogies", the Attitude Medley and that Tuska performance. I remember thinking "What the fuck is this guy going to do in a power metal band" and just being really skeptical if he was the right fit.

Man. What a difference 5 years makes.
They let us have signatures on this forum???

JensJohansson
Administrator

Re: 5 years ago, around this time

Post by JensJohansson » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:31 am

Rebel wrote:This forum was still sort of freaking out about Matias Kupiainen. I remember when they announced him, all he had was the Hangover Shred, a few of his "Boogies", the Attitude Medley and that Tuska performance. I remember thinking "What the fuck is this guy going to do in a power metal band" and just being really skeptical if he was the right fit. Man. What a difference 5 years makes.
I remember being very impressed with the solo in the Fist in Fetus song "Emancipation". I figured, anyone who wants to play stuff like that has to have a good ear :o) Beyond that it was just gut feeling for me, I did not have any doubts whatsoever the result would be something good.

Of course in the summer I had no idea if we would make some power metal or not, but I felt open minded enough to deal with most anything at that time (maybe not reggae..... i fucking hate reggae)

Or any idea what the name of the band would be even actually, or if we would write and/or record anything....

But actually by mid November 2008 a lot of the stuff had been ironed out. I was sleeping on various floors in Helsinki and we were completing "Polaris".. at the same time the Revolution Renaissance guys were also sleeping on floors in Helsinki to make "Age of Aquarius". At least i didn't end up having to pay my own flights to go sleep on floors Image

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:25 pm

True. The beginning of the new Stratovarius started. I think it is another historical moment in the Stratovarius' career.
Now you think about these 5 years and the amount of absolutely wonderful music they've created and you can just be amazed.
Nemesis album is something that is gonna be really difficult to beat. I just hope these guys always believe in what they do, cause they do it perfectly. This new Stratovarius would not exist if that madness we all know about had never existed. The result has been this new amazing era. Seriously, talking with a lot of people in real life and forums, etc, etc, the same sentence or thoughts always appears: "How did they do it? The band was destroyed and now sounds amazing again! Nemesis rules!" "They have finally changed a bit here, a bit there and the new sound is astonishing!"

NEXT ALBUM SOON PLEASE!!! :D
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:50 am

LIKE, RIGHT NOW! :twisted:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:48 pm

3 hit albums in five years is great! Stratovarius is going to be around for many years to come, and growing stronger every year! :headbang:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:32 pm

JensJohansson wrote:I remember being very impressed with the solo in the Fist in Fetus song "Emancipation". I figured, anyone who wants to play stuff like that has to have a good ear :o) Beyond that it was just gut feeling for me, I did not have any doubts whatsoever the result would be something good.
That was very interesting to read, thank you! I often wondered what gave you guys the convincement that there was such a lot of potential in Matias, with not THAT much to judge from. Although I guess he already exceeded by far all expectations one could ever have, and has still even much more to offer :)