Hunting High and Low Cover

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.
Southern_Cross
Hunting High and Low Cover

Post by Southern_Cross » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:45 pm

So I've only done maybe 2 or 3 Stratovarius covers before but that was before I ran into this forum so I thought I'd share this one with you guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBMRoeYp2SA

Yes, I know the instrumentals sound nowhere near as good as Stratovarius but 1) This is one someone else made and 2) I suck at making instrumentals so I couldn't make one or edit the one that I used.

Please tell me what you think and how I can improve on the next one. :)

Mr cool Edit

Re: Hunting High and Low Cover

Post by Mr cool Edit » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:07 am

YOU SING IN ENGLISH BETTER THAT MEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Southern_Cross wrote:So I've only done maybe 2 or 3 Stratovarius covers before but that was before I ran into this forum so I thought I'd share this one with you guys:

Yes, I know the instrumentals sound nowhere near as good as Stratovarius but 1) This is one someone else made and 2) I suck at making instrumentals so I couldn't make one or edit the one that I used.

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:27 am

I like!

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:43 am

Wow, thank you so much. :) Anything I should improve on do you think?

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:09 am

the first step is stop to see the stratovarius song like something imposible.....

second step is try to no be so shy singing.....

and after i dunno.... im learning to sing too :lol:
Southern_Cross wrote:Wow, thank you so much. :) Anything I should improve on do you think?

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:19 am

If it were impossible, Stratovarius wouldn't have been able to do it in the first place and I wouldn't have bothered.

Yea, I need to work on that shyness thing...
Mr cool Edit wrote:the first step is stop to see the stratovarius song like something imposible.....

second step is try to no be so shy singing.....

and after i dunno.... im learning to sing too :lol:
Southern_Cross wrote:Wow, thank you so much. :) Anything I should improve on do you think?

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:04 am

I think you have a nice youthful voice, youth is in fashion right now, so thats good.
I agree, it seemed like you were a little shy when singing, the first part of the song fits, but when it comes to the chorus it lacks power and intention.
you can work on that.
open your mouth wider and step back a little for the mic, it will make you voice more powerful, think of it as you are exaggerating whatever you are saying and spilt the song in moods, like the intro calm part and the powerful chorus, as you keep that in mind you will
perform better for any particular song.
there are vocalization exercises on youtube that will surely help you
A9

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:30 am

Yea it's always the shyness that gets me... and thanks a lot! This really helps.
adrian9 wrote:I think you have a nice youthful voice, youth is in fashion right now, so thats good.
I agree, it seemed like you were a little shy when singing, the first part of the song fits, but when it comes to the chorus it lacks power and intention.
you can work on that.
open your mouth wider and step back a little for the mic, it will make you voice more powerful, think of it as you are exaggerating whatever you are saying and spilt the song in moods, like the intro calm part and the powerful chorus, as you keep that in mind you will
perform better for any particular song.
there are vocalization exercises on youtube that will surely help you

7thSon

Post by 7thSon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:46 pm

Southern_Cross wrote:So I've only done maybe 2 or 3 Stratovarius covers before but that was before I ran into this forum so I thought I'd share this one with you guys:

I enjoyed listening to your cover. You have a pretty voice. I would also recommend that you "sing out" more and let people hear more of your full voice.

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:49 pm

Thank you! Yes I know that I have to work on projecting my voice. I'm working on tha currently, I hope to improve on it soon. :)
7thSon wrote:

I enjoyed listening to your cover. You have a pretty voice. I would also recommend that you "sing out" more and let people hear more of your full voice.

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:47 am

Wow, Flavio! Your voice has gotten much better. You have improved substantially....

Arnold "Fatty Terrorist" Layne

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:30 am

Arnold, permit me to smack you in the face :) lol :D
Arnold Layne wrote:

Wow, Flavio! Your voice has gotten much better. You have improved substantially....

Arnold "Fatty Terrorist" Layne

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:16 am

Lay your hand on me, woman, and I will bring your swift and painful demise to fruition. I am trained in Kung-Fu.

Arnold Layne

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:35 am

And so am I (I'm Asian, remember)

Don't worry, I was joking, I won't smack you but...I may end up laying my hands on you one way or another. ;)
Arnold Layne wrote:Lay your hand on me, woman, and I will bring your swift and painful demise to fruition. I am trained in Kung-Fu.

Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:06 am

Do you mean sexual intercourse? If so, I must decline. I, Arnold, prefer Argentineans.

Arnold "Arnie" Layne

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:20 am

Oh no, not intercourse. Contrary to the ordinary human being, I am actually extremely terrified of intercourse.

Haha, so I've gathered! Well good luck with that. Flavio and Goal apparently still have a little thing going.
Arnold Layne wrote:Do you mean sexual intercourse? If so, I must decline. I, Arnold, prefer Argentineans.

Arnold "Arnie" Layne

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:29 am

Southern_Cross wrote:Oh no, not intercourse. Contrary to the ordinary human being, I am actually extremely terrified of intercourse.

Haha, so I've gathered! Well good luck with that. Flavio and Goal apparently still have a little thing going.
Arnold Layne wrote:Do you mean sexual intercourse? If so, I must decline. I, Arnold, prefer Argentineans.

Arnold "Arnie" Layne

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:36 am

Flavio, I can't tell whether you're shocked because I've bluntly announced that your love for Goal still lives or because Arnold technically admitted he'd like the have intercourse with you. (probably the latter)
Mr cool Edit wrote:
Southern_Cross wrote:Oh no, not intercourse. Contrary to the ordinary human being, I am actually extremely terrified of intercourse.

Arnold "Arnie" Layne

Goal Stockhausen

Post by Goal Stockhausen » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Southern_Cross wrote:And so am I (I'm Asian, remember)

Don't worry, I was joking, I won't smack you but...I may end up laying my hands on you one way or another. ;)

This is a riddle for me,Southern! :roll: Why would you, and a whole bunch of other girls, "lay hands" on my fat and faggy brother? :?

Is it a "Seattlething", or something going on all over the world? A new trend? Laying hands on fat fags that hate to be "girlhandled"? :? :?

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:46 pm

Goal Stockhausen wrote: This is a riddle for me,Southern! :roll: Why would you, and a whole bunch of other girls, "lay hands" on my fat and faggy brother? :?

Is it a "Seattlething", or something going on all over the world? A new trend? Laying hands on fat fags that hate to be "girlhandled"? :? :?
Oh my stupid sister Goal. There are many things you don't understand, because you spent those precious years in my stomach, rather than flourishing in the real world as I did- absorbing knowledge and wisdom like a sponge.

One day you will understand my special gift of attraction, which brings men and women alike to their knees. One day, when you are older. :roll:

Arnold "Plus-Sized Diva" Layne

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:03 am

Oh no, I can't stand fat men for the life of me. It's just the pure joy of creeping out someone who doesn't wish to be "girlhandled" as you put it.
Goal Stockhausen wrote:
Southern_Cross wrote:And so am I (I'm Asian, remember)

This is a riddle for me,Southern! :roll: Why would you, and a whole bunch of other girls, "lay hands" on my fat and faggy brother? :?

Goal Stockhausen

Post by Goal Stockhausen » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:57 pm

Arnold Layne wrote:
Goal Stockhausen wrote: This is a riddle for me,Southern! :roll: Why would you, and a whole bunch of other girls, "lay hands" on my fat and faggy brother? :?

Oh my stupid sister Goal. There are many things you don't understand, because you spent those precious years in my stomach, rather than flourishing in the real world as I did- absorbing knowledge and wisdom like a sponge.

One day you will understand my special gift of attraction, which brings men and women alike to their knees. One day, when you are older. :roll:

Arnold "Plus-Sized Diva" Layne

Aber doch Arnold! We are one-egg-twins and have one share each, of the same brain-substance. But I am not sure, that you have treated your part so well, with the huge protein-steak-rawliver-strain and your exceptional and remarkable sexlife.

You have overloaded your lobs,Arnold, while mine on the other hand, have been philosophically contemplating and resting, there in your stomachfluids, awaiting my first, big step out in the fresh air. Unspotted and alert.

But, you Arnold, are like a Dorian Gray-portrait, and before you have said PFFF-t, all your excessive steaks and f...s will sadly be revealed... :cry: :cry:

Goal Stockhausen

Post by Goal Stockhausen » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:04 pm

Southern_Cross wrote:Oh no, I can't stand fat men for the life of me. It's just the pure joy of creeping out someone who doesn't wish to be "girlhandled" as you put it.

Is that so Southern? I must try it a.s.a.p. Can I start with my brother, Arnold, or would that be some sort of incest. I am sure he will be madmadelimad, but that is maybe the fun and joy in it... :oops: :oops:

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:07 pm

Goal Stockhausen wrote:
Southern_Cross wrote:Oh no, I can't stand fat men for the life of me. It's just the pure joy of creeping out someone who doesn't wish to be "girlhandled" as you put it.

Is that so Southern? I must try it a.s.a.p. Can I start with my brother, Arnold, or would that be some sort of incest. I am sure he will be madmadelimad, but that is maybe the fun and joy in it... :oops: :oops:
arnold have 13 yo? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:31 am

That is so, in my opinion. Of course, it's your choice.

Goal Stockhausen wrote:

Goal Stockhausen

Post by Goal Stockhausen » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:09 am

:lol: :lol: Jaja! I tried your Seattlething and it was great fun. Now I will use it on some hot Edit... :luv1: :luv1:

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:08 am

Goal Stockhausen wrote::lol: :lol: Jaja! I tried your Seattlething and it was great fun. Now I will use it on some hot Edit... :luv1: :luv1:

Goal Stockhausen

Post by Goal Stockhausen » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:23 am

:lol: Just me flying by on my way to hot Edit...

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:14 am

Come on Flavio, you know you want it bad from Goal ;)

bockrocker

Post by bockrocker » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:01 pm

I agree with most of the others, you need power and volume! You got sounding good at a whisper down pat :) Your Les Mis thing had some better volume. And some of your songs seem like they need more dynamic range/note range.

I saw on your profile at some other site (the one linked at YT) you are only 15, keep at it! And if singing, professionally, is really your goal in life, get a vocal coach or whatever now (if you don't already). It's a lot harder to spend the time and money on those sorts of lessons once you leave school. Learning guitar might be good too, as it will make you more musically self sufficient (instead of relying on pieced together backing tracks), and also allow you to explore your skills at music arrangement.

My 2c.