Under Flaming Skies Critic

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.
Mr cool Edit
Under Flaming Skies Critic

Post by Mr cool Edit » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:41 pm

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/9SFmq7USvz0?version=3 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/9SFmq7USvz0?version=3 ... &amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Mixed, masterized and recorded in Pro tools HD

New personal Final masterization style

the same hardware m-audio fast track (2008 model)

Video compressed in MP4

Krigo

Re: Under Flaming Skies Critic

Post by Krigo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:33 am

I actually really liked this cover, vocally you've handled it really well but from an instrumentation point of view I feel like there's still a lot to be desired.

Also, I found the mix to sound a little too tinny, though that might just be the recording equipment. Outside of that, keep up the work man!

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:39 am

Krigo wrote:I actually really liked this cover, vocally you've handled it really well but from an instrumentation point of view I feel like there's still a lot to be desired.

Also, I found the mix to sound a little too tinny, though that might just be the recording equipment. Outside of that, keep up the work man!
thats nice but i chance the songs why i need be original, al lot copy but no is original,

really is the same music + my composition on the song

you can listen and test if you wish that *elysium* is over satured in bass frequencies and have lost his high frequencies, i do more *universal* mix that can sound good included in the direct x sound.

i listen a lot that elyseum album sound bad in internet, for that the video clip *under. flaming skies* are retouched,

for one cd dont care a lot if you use digidesign or sound blaster why in both situations you end down to 44100/16 bits, the frequencies rulez here. and for one test stratofans, i decide no put extreme bass and be more clear in all.

one ask, where you listen this?

Krigo

Post by Krigo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:52 am

I listened to this on your youtube video. While I like your vocal range, you could have improved your style, you sound like you're trying to be Kotipelto too much, then again maybe it isn't the right song to compare. Instrumentation wise it also sounded godawful.

You need real instruments, Pro Tools can only take you so far.

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:52 pm

Krigo wrote:Image

I listened to this on your youtube video. While I like your vocal range, you could have improved your style, you sound like you're trying to be Kotipelto too much, then again maybe it isn't the right song to compare. Instrumentation wise it also sounded godawful.

You need real instruments, Pro Tools can only take you so far.
you need a be a good critic, Nothing in this world, lees me, are imiting to kotipelto, he is a good Singer bit no the only one of the earth.

This is my style, you cant like ot not....

you cant be a god critic from your fanatism......

THE NEXT CRITIC!!!!! PLEASE!!!! im waiting.

Krigo

Post by Krigo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:57 pm

I'm saying that you don't try to differentiate yourself in this song from Timo Kotipelto's vocal style. I also commented that it might not be the right song to judge your vocals on, as it doesn't sound like a good fit for you. Outside of that, I still believe that the instrumentation is horrible and that you're better off using real instruments, it really does sound bad. That's just my opinion, It's constructive criticism.

I guess I never will be a god critic. :(

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:45 pm

Krigo wrote:I'm saying that you don't try to differentiate yourself in this song from Timo Kotipelto's vocal style. I also commented that it might not be the right song to judge your vocals on, as it doesn't sound like a good fit for you. Outside of that, I still believe that the instrumentation is horrible and that you're better off using real instruments, it really does sound bad. That's just my opinion, It's constructive criticism.

is real instriment, played and sampled

maybe you cant say to jens this too. i got the same sound, or to matias, the diference is the eq and vibrato.

one guy coherent, please!!!!!

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:51 pm

Mr cool Edit wrote:
Krigo wrote:I'm saying that you don't try to differentiate yourself in this song from Timo Kotipelto's vocal style. I also commented that it might not be the right song to judge your vocals on, as it doesn't sound like a good fit for you. Outside of that, I still believe that the instrumentation is horrible and that you're better off using real instruments, it really does sound bad. That's just my opinion, It's constructive criticism.

maybe you cant say to jens this too. i got the same sound, or to matias, the diference is the eq and vibrato.

the exactly same sound I would say
A9

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:09 pm

adrian9 wrote:
Mr cool Edit wrote:

the exactly same sound I would say

OOOOOPPP!!!!! thanks

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:06 am

Well, my turn to play the bad guy critic :P

Overall, I think it sounds great! Out of the ones I've heard from you, this one definitely is on the top end of my list. The instrumental at the beginning had me a little worried since it was a bit shaky but when the guitars came in, it sounded great and I totally forgot about the first beginning...what, 5 seconds at most.

Your voice is getting better, which is great! Lucky you, I got a stupid expander in my mouth and my voice is slowly going downhill...Anyways, I will have to disagree with your first critic there, you sound rather opposite of Kotipelto to me. Power wise, you and Kotipelto are on the similar side, which isn't a bad thing! I need to work on power myself in my singing, so you're very lucky that you have some in yours. I will say, you kind of have a wispy quality when you sing but that just might be your recording equipment messing things up...The only complaint I have would be the instrumentals. I think if you spent a little more time on it, it'd sound better. I think what I would do is not try to make it 100% my own thing. It's not bad that you try, that's really great in fact. But you gotta draw from stuff you know, so what I'd do is make the instrumental and try to put more into it from the original than just the same notes. I know that you're not Jens or Matias. None of us are. But I'm just saying, maybe trying to put the same feeling into it would make it better. Otherwise, great work :)

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:18 am

Southern_Cross wrote:Well, my turn to play the bad guy critic :P

Overall, I think it sounds great! Out of the ones I've heard from you, this one definitely is on the top end of my list. The instrumental at the beginning had me a little worried since it was a bit shaky but when the guitars came in, it sounded great and I totally forgot about the first beginning...what, 5 seconds at most.

Your voice is getting better, which is great! Lucky you, I got a stupid expander in my mouth and my voice is slowly going downhill...Anyways, I will have to disagree with your first critic there, you sound rather opposite of Kotipelto to me. Power wise, you and Kotipelto are on the similar side, which isn't a bad thing! I need to work on power myself in my singing, so you're very lucky that you have some in yours. I will say, you kind of have a wispy quality when you sing but that just might be your recording equipment messing things up...The only complaint I have would be the instrumentals. I think if you spent a little more time on it, it'd sound better. I think what I would do is not try to make it 100% my own thing. It's not bad that you try, that's really great in fact. But you gotta draw from stuff you know, so what I'd do is make the instrumental and try to put more into it from the original than just the same notes. I know that you're not Jens or Matias. None of us are. But I'm just saying, maybe trying to put the same feeling into it would make it better. Otherwise, great work :)
Thanks my friend, I love bruce lee too.... :D

But is really hard to copy the feelingg of other persons.... im not a photocopy machine :lol:

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:30 am

Oh no, none of us are of course. I'm just saying to try. After all, if you try your best, the outcome will be good.