Sonata Arctica- Don't Say A Word (A Cappella Cover)

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.
Southern_Cross
Sonata Arctica- Don't Say A Word (A Cappella Cover)

Post by Southern_Cross » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:12 am

Aughhhhhh I need to post more covers, I'm so very lazy...

Anyways, I know this isn't the Sonata Arctica forum but I don't even remember my login there so I'm posting this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuNShVMCWQc

I couldn't find an instrumental, surprisingly enough. I thought this song was relatively popular amongst Sonata Arctica fans...eh, I still had my fun. Let me know what you think and how I can improve.

Much thanks! :)
-Southern_Cross

NeverendingAbyss

Re: Sonata Arctica- Don't Say A Word (A Cappella Cover)

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:27 am

Not bad! :)

You have improved your volume and tone, but you are trying to catch up to a song that does a lot of shouting. Not quite there yet.

With that voice, however, I think you can make an angelic version of it. Something more soft. Not exactly try to imitate Kakko's harsher voice.

Have you done a cover of the song Shy*? I think your tone will fit quite nicely.

Keep practicing! 8)

*I remember back in HS dreaming about this one girl and this song was playing.

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:33 am

Thank you! I've been trying hard to work on that.

Haha, Tony Kakko is a bit of a shouter when he sings. I guess I wasn't trying to catch up with him really. I just loved the song. :)

Haha, angelic. First time I've been told that one (I'm not exactly a little angel in real life) I have been practicing "Shy" for a while now actually, along with "Tonight I Dance Alone". The only reason I have uploaded them is because I have no patience when I sing slow songs.

Thanks very much. :)
NeverendingAbyss wrote:Not bad! :)

You have improved your volume and tone, but you are trying to catch up to a song that does a lot of shouting. Not quite there yet.

With that voice, however, I think you can make an angelic version of it. Something more soft. Not exactly try to imitate Kakko's harsher voice.

Have you done a cover of the song Shy*? I think your tone will fit quite nicely.

Keep practicing! 8)

*I remember back in HS dreaming about this one girl and this song was playing.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:57 pm

Nice!
I would be nice if you do the whole production, if you are willing to give it another go at this song maybe we could do something more polished.
A9

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:51 am

I'm always willing to improve my work :)

I was so shocked that no instrumental was made for this though! I thought this was one of their more popular songs...and I'm awful at making instrumentals so I didn't...I really wish I had one though, it'd make this a lot better.
adrian9 wrote:Nice!
I would be nice if you do the whole production, if you are willing to give it another go at this song maybe we could do something more polished.