Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Sonata Arctica- Don't Say A Word (A Cappella Cover)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Musician talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Sonata Arctica- Don't Say A Word (A Cappella Cover) Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Aughhhhhh I need to post more covers, I'm so very lazy...

Anyways, I know this isn't the Sonata Arctica forum but I don't even remember my login there so I'm posting this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=AuNShVMCWQc

I couldn't find an instrumental, surprisingly enough. I thought this song was relatively popular amongst Sonata Arctica fans...eh, I still had my fun. Let me know what you think and how I can improve.

Much thanks! Smile
-Southern_Cross

NeverendingAbyss

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Not bad! Smile

You have improved your volume and tone, but you are trying to catch up to a song that does a lot of shouting. Not quite there yet.

With that voice, however, I think you can make an angelic version of it. Something more soft. Not exactly try to imitate Kakko's harsher voice.

Have you done a cover of the song Shy*? I think your tone will fit quite nicely.

Keep practicing! Cool

*I remember back in HS dreaming about this one girl and this song was playing.

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Thank you! I've been trying hard to work on that.

Haha, Tony Kakko is a bit of a shouter when he sings. I guess I wasn't trying to catch up with him really. I just loved the song. Smile

Haha, angelic. First time I've been told that one (I'm not exactly a little angel in real life) I have been practicing "Shy" for a while now actually, along with "Tonight I Dance Alone". The only reason I have uploaded them is because I have no patience when I sing slow songs.

Thanks very much. Smile

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Not bad! Smile

You have improved your volume and tone, but you are trying to catch up to a song that does a lot of shouting. Not quite there yet.

With that voice, however, I think you can make an angelic version of it. Something more soft. Not exactly try to imitate Kakko's harsher voice.

Have you done a cover of the song Shy*? I think your tone will fit quite nicely.

Keep practicing! Cool

*I remember back in HS dreaming about this one girl and this song was playing.

adrian9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Nice!
I would be nice if you do the whole production, if you are willing to give it another go at this song maybe we could do something more polished.

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'm always willing to improve my work Smile

I was so shocked that no instrumental was made for this though! I thought this was one of their more popular songs...and I'm awful at making instrumentals so I didn't...I really wish I had one though, it'd make this a lot better.

adrian9 wrote:
Nice!
I would be nice if you do the whole production, if you are willing to give it another go at this song maybe we could do something more polished.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Musician talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum