Musician help: Asio latency in win 8.1 -Keep your w7 better

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.

This help you??

yes
67%
no
33%
me cool edit speak no senses
No votes

Total votes: 3

Mr cool Edit
Musician help: Asio latency in win 8.1 -Keep your w7 better

Post by Mr cool Edit » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:34 pm

Speaking with Professionals of pro tools, we tested that Windows 8 is nice for video games and socials nets, but in serious Works like Professional audio, Windows 8 have troubles and the latency can be a headache for you work!!!

Motives:

1- because Microsoft has grouped several IRQs W8 kernel to save energy and latency has increased considerably ....

(This mean that Microsoft poop on musicians and producers really)

Test that we do.

Well according to my own ASIO tests:

W7 - 5-10ms average lat
W8 - 24-50ms average
measured with various programs (CEntrance Latency Checker, resplendence latencymon, Cubase panel, M-audio, vst custom C + + dev, etc ...).
According to the DPC Latency Checker is 500ms + W8, but I think it is a failure of the program.

I guess it depends on the drivers, your hardware, etc ... but talking to various people have more latency W8 ... (Besides being disgusting OS user for all the changes introduced by M $, cause problems with new drivers, etc. ..).

coment of i will challenge to kotipelto.... you choice ..... :lol:

adrian9

Re: Musician help: Asio latency in win 8.1 -Keep your w7 better

Post by adrian9 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:32 am

there are many tricks to reduce latency, however this is not only a software problem, the hardware that manages the sound Input also has a lot to do in this.
since I dont use windows to record professional stuff I cant recommend anything but reduce buffer size maybe
A9

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:42 am

yes, i instal Windows 8 in my notebook and really isnt one good sistem for Works station, looks like a huge Smartphone and is very for common users....

the problem is how the kernel operating system manage the drivers.....

PD: I do a test in deep unknow demo....

I take the song and forcé frequezies up to the hardware umbral al 0 db in the master cannel and the "drivers" collapse" *message, drivers stop to work"

I do the same mix in flat sound and put the sound in master channel to 3 db and Works explendid....

this mean that the problem is the drivers manage

of course, I have 0 latency in my win seven but

the stuff are in how Windows manage the programation of the drivers and i read that win 8 is a shit Reading C++

Pro tools not remomended use HD versions in Windows 8 and Mac OS marveric. I read this recently.....

in other way..... the new win 8 interface can be a problem too.....

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:29 pm

I used to have protools LE in my PC, i doesnt really make sense because is mainly to push record... :? I think pro tools only REALLY works when used in a mac with the Digidesing rack, other than that you are getting a handicap performance
A9

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:28 am

adrian9 wrote:I used to have protools LE in my PC, i doesnt really make sense because is mainly to push record... :? I think pro tools only REALLY works when used in a mac with the Digidesing rack, other than that you are getting a handicap performance
no no.... actually , M.audio is product of Avid technology....

is his sub product of digidesign, for that my m- audio Works with pro tolos HD

anyway, now pro tools open his doors for more users for increase his business.....

my pc. old and all that you can see *2011 custom build*

only use 10% of processor mixing 32 tracks of audio.

and now im performing my notebook in a network home.

The idea is increase the desktop performance (Changing the video card to nvidia 700 series and put off to the net

delete all the web aplications of the desktop, and for net use directly my notebook.

with a interaction via net with my desktop, for trafic data....

with this i have more open tools and more speed.

the laptop is a Intel core i3 , for internet is a lot machine. :D