Pro Tools HD 10 vs Cubase 7 64 bits.

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.

Cubase 7 vs Pro tools HD 11/10

Cubase 7 is better?
100%
Pro tools HD 10/11 is Better?
No votes

Total votes: 3

Mr cool Edit
Pro Tools HD 10 vs Cubase 7 64 bits.

Post by Mr cool Edit » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:16 pm

im having more troubles with pro tolls and his fuckings crashes for be an "Unique" fucking product that im thinking in got cubase 7 64 bits directly

cubase 7 have asio protection, this mean that if you have a huge PENIS AS MY FAST TRACK will works much better......

and is very native with windows

Actually Cubase 7 and Pro tools are fighting insane and the Pro tolls was so poor the update about HD10 that a lot Pro tools users are change for cubase 7.

I will record the next song on Cubase 7 64 bits, and now i can use whithout drama the VST instruments!!!!!!!

But learn to use Pro tools was important, is very easy but is the "Standart"

and the Avalon cd is fucking awsome about sound.....

i need compare with nemesis, i think that avalon have better sound..... i dunno but anyway both sound very good.

BUT OF COURSE THAT I KICK TO TOLKKI AND FINNVOX ONLY FOR BE ITALIAN, OF COURSE.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr cool Edit

Info about cubase vs Pro tools

Post by Mr cool Edit » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:01 pm

What Pro Tools could learn from Cubase 7
Written by stiff • November 15, 2012 @ 6:43 am • Filed under Stiff upper lip and tagged Avid, Steinberg
10 comments

Steinberg has recently announced Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6. Since this is a Pro Tools website I won’t analyze the value for Cubase 6 users thinking about upgrading to version 7. However, it might be interesting to discuss what new features in Cubase 7 could be of value to Pro Tools.

Intelligent composing

Cubase: Cubase 7 features new “Intelligent composing assistance”. Basically what you do is use a chord track and in it set the chords you want it to play. The composing assistant can suggest good chord ideas depending on key and style.

Pro Tools: While all DAW’s blatantly steal from each other and the top ones evolve at about a similar pace, these kind of features really shows which comes from a composing background (Cubase, Logic) and which comes from a recording background (Pro Tools). Pro Tools has nothing like this. Around version 8 Avid decided to do a serious overhaul of Pro Tools. Tons of new “creative plugins”, new instruments, a completely new interface and a MIDI editor that didn’t make you want to commit suicide. Make no mistake about it, this was because up until this point Pro Tools sucked as a composing tool. Did version 8 make it perfect? No. Is it perfect now? Clearly not, as Avid is still playing catchup in this regard. I would love to see features like intelligent composing assistance in Pro Tools!

VariAudio 2.0

Cubase: Steinberg has updated its VariAudio feature to 2.0. Among other things it helps you to create harmonies. You can check out the feature in the video above, the same that details the intelligent composing assistance. The videos doesn’t tell us if it actually sounds good though.

Pro Tools: Elastic pitch, half of what is Elastic audio (the other half of course being Elastic time), was implemented fairly early in Pro Tools. As soon as Elastic audio hit the market I boldly proclaimed it would change the world and all the other DAW’s quickly jumped on board trying to find a similar solution. The first Elastic audio feature being implemented was Elastic time, which works incredibly well. I knew we would see Elastic pitch soon thereafter and my imagination ran wild thinking about what would be possible just within a year or so. This is where Avid dropped the ball. In my book, Elastic pitch was a major letdown. Sure, it works, but I was imagining a very graphical display where pitch could be tweaked freely and in real time. Years ago I told Avid this and was told “oh, you ain’t seen nuthin’ yet!”. Nope, and I still haven’t. When VariAudio was introduced in Cubase it was much closer to what I had in mind. Same with Studio One, who took help from Melodyne. Still, I think we ain’t seen nuthin’ yet. The question is who will lead the way this time.

Global collaboration

Cubase: With VST Connect SE you can collaborate with people around the world in a control room-like environment. It gives you talkback and chat functions, along with streaming audio in video… Real time of course.

Pro Tools: I’ve been very vocal about making use of this new thang called the internet for many years. People are hesitant because for a long time a lot of professionals didn’t even have their studio computers connected to the internet (because of virus concerns, among other things). I don’t understand it at all. It’s very clear that this is one of the areas that will change DAW’s the most the coming years. Companies have completely failed to capitalize on this (seeing that most of them can’t even run a simple blog I’m not surprised) and the only who really gave this some thought are Ableton and Ohm Force, the latter which is doing a tremendous job by the way. Avid jumped on board with caution by implementing update checks and a store. I applaud the store, one of the features I had suggested in the past, but it’s grossly underdeveloped. If it’s because they wanted to put effort on other things or if they simply lack the vision I do not know. I just hope that it improves. I admit that “the virtual control room” in Cubase 7 is not what I imagined but I think it’s a good step to take too. There are so many things to do in this area that it’s hard to know where to start.

MixConsole

Cubase: Steinberg rightly figured that the typical DAW mix window needs to be refreshed and has created MixConsole, which appears to be a much more user-friendly mix window where you can easily access different parts of a channelstrip, search through channels, quickly insert plugins and more. See the video above.

Pro Tools: The Pro Tools mixer is simple, easy to grasp and quick to copy plugins from one channel to another but have a look at the new Cubase 7 MixConsole and tell me you’re not intrigued by it. I’ve mentioned in the past that I want some sort of quick access to plugin parameters directly from the mixer (I got the idea from Reaper but I think it can be done better). The MixConsole in Cubase 7 have taken this to a new level with their channelstrip. I wouldn’t be surprised if Avid did the same thing with the Euphonix Channelstrip. What I hope for is that it’s not narrowed down to that. Wouldn’t it be wicked to have the Trident A-Range strip there for instance? History unfortunately tells us that the former scenario is more likely. Quicker plugin insertion is also of the essence. Slightly off topic but I feel that this is also absolutely crucial for the next generation of controllers.

Closing thoughts

I’m not going to dig into every new feature of Cubase 7 but there are a few other things worth mentioning that I would like to see in Pro Tools. Two immediately comes to mind and I’m actually not going to give Steinberg credit for these, while they’ve been clever enough to implement them, they are more children of their age and actually no-brainer features.

A proper modern search function that updates quickly in real time without the click of a button. In Cubase 7 you see this when searching for channels and inserting plugins.
2. A full screen mode is possible with the MixConsole. It’s really something we will see more of, not least thanks to Apple.
I think that’s it for now and besides, I’m running out of coffee. What would you like to steal from Cubase?

I see that stainberg are Punching Hard the Avid Super Ego and His Standart

PD: I dont write this info,

Mr cool Edit

Re: Pro Tools HD 10 vs Cubase 7 64 bits.

Post by Mr cool Edit » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:16 pm

hahahaah i cant pay cubase 7

pro tools rulez now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

foerg

Post by foerg » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:10 pm

wayne

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:32 pm

foerg wrote:wayne
what do you mean with this?? im half black and im not full Black, be careful, german robo guy......

foerg

Post by foerg » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:32 pm

fullback?

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:05 pm

foerg wrote:fullback?
ok , one moment that i dress my armor

come on, im ready now

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:47 am

foerg wrote:fullback?
I will help ya, i see that you know only whats happen in europe.....

wyne, is this guy.....

the same guy that do to stratovarius in hip hop

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

foerg

Post by foerg » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:12 am

oh, fulvio... u still have no clue who i am, right?

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:14 pm

foerg wrote:oh, fulvio... u still have no clue who i am, right?
of course, buddy, you dont give me any change to discover you, only if i start to see all yout post one for one, and see only one link that conected you with your "Real Life" no cybernetic i mean

I wish be medium but im a singer/sound enginieer no pro

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:05 pm

ok, sir extremisnt taliban german hater of mr cools edits......

you arent one stratovarius member...

No jorg....

No alex.....

You are a musical critics just as REBEL and his discriminative stuff to persons without money.....?

letme take my babies on my and..... i can explode united states and germany of one shot......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

foerg

Post by foerg » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:16 pm

Mr cool Edit wrote:

You are a musical critics l:
no, wrong side! hint: i'm pro musician.... your turn, young man!

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:31 pm

foerg wrote:
Mr cool Edit wrote:

revelate your name, GERMAN! one sicilian gangsta commanded you!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you need a coffe?? i do great coffe, I can suck your socks too, you dont want???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:33 pm

foerg wrote:
Mr cool Edit wrote:

young man???

listen what a young man can do with out all the toy that kotipelto have !!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/d8V8ehggEIQ?version=3 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/d8V8ehggEIQ?version=3 ... &amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

direct sound, any crazy stuff...... no take it this sertiously, i love to kotipelto :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

foerg

Post by foerg » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:09 pm

well, i'll take one espresso, please!

foerg

Post by foerg » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:09 pm

well, i'll take one espresso, please!

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:29 pm

foerg wrote:well, i'll take one espresso, please!
One express coffe for my dear german guy!!!!

but you are a pure german guy, you cant lost your origins for that you can need this after the coffe...

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:33 am

foerg wrote:well, i'll take one espresso, please!
but I will tell you the true about your SHADOW FORM INDER A ROBOTIC FUTURAMA PERSONALITY ON THE NET.....

i always had the SUSPICION that you are a pro musician, or JORG MICHAEL, or one musician relationated with stratovarius, or close pro musician to startovarius or one collaborator....

only why how you jump harder when I "punch" that no was a punch.... innocent critic to Jorg Michael

I tell you more, Jorg Michael Knowme from a 2005 show, he giftme his sticks, why i was in the first file and i "Bother" that wasnt very bad my action why kotipeltos greetings me and inviteme to sing with he making him the second voice in all the show and i do it but from the public, I really i have a powerful voice for my Classical technique that i mix with metal vocals.

I can tell that jorg Michael, for his sticks.

1) he really is a rude drummer
2) he technioque consist in hits very hard the membrane and the ring of the snare for one "Boost" sound

3) jorg michael sometimes break in pieces the sticks

4) Jorg michael have a lot strongest arms considerating his speed that he can play the drums and the weight graduation that he use in his sticks

I tell you why My first instrument that i play was the drums in my 16 yo with a beatle band.