Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Next album - when ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ilsekena

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Classical

robocop656
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

SentineLEX wrote:
Betlodocus wrote:
Or turn Strato into a full blown death metal band Laughing

Well if they swap TK for an African guy Strato can start doing black metal Wink

Krigo wrote:
Stratovarius to make a jazz fusion album.

calling it now

Only power metal. B B B B

NeonVomit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

We all thought you were dead.

robocop656
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'm not dead yet!! Where's Winter's Verge? Wink

NeverendingAbyss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I love you, robo-san! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Mr cool Edit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

ICE.... ROBOCOP...... GGAAAAAAAAAAA.... AMERICAN I MEAN.

RazielSR
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Robo!!!!! jajajaja !!!!!! always a pleasure see u around here.

Cool image mr cool!!

adrian9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I really liked elysium and nemesis, I think matias is doing a good job at production and songwriting, the thing that I would like to be back for the next albums are the "hunting high and low" "eagleheart" kind of songs, I dont expect a copy paste thing but that "positive anthemic almost pop song" has been lost for a while now.

mocobhc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

adrian9 wrote:
I really liked elysium and nemesis, I think matias is doing a good job at production and songwriting, the thing that I would like to be back for the next albums are the "hunting high and low" "eagleheart" kind of songs, I dont expect a copy paste thing but that "positive anthemic almost pop song" has been lost for a while now.

Something like Unbreakable? Smile

NeonVomit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

robocop656 wrote:
I'm not dead yet!! Where's Winter's Verge? Wink

Working on a new album and preparing for a tour in September/October, thanks!

rikkertje

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Next album - when ? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

JensJohansson wrote:
Now that is a good question!

Everyone is having a bit of time off now and also writing songs. So the closest estimate I could give would be "2014"..

There is no strict plan, the progress in songwriting will dictate the next steps I guess. I have to say I like it Smile

So, in January jens gave this answer when asked about a new album. It's November now. How about an update on how things have progressed. Very Happy

thefreeone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Next album - when ? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

rikkertje wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:
Now that is a good question!

Everyone is having a bit of time off now and also writing songs. So the closest estimate I could give would be "2014"..

There is no strict plan, the progress in songwriting will dictate the next steps I guess. I have to say I like it Smile

So, in January jens gave this answer when asked about a new album. It's November now. How about an update on how things have progressed. Very Happy

jensi jensi

KÖÖSKI TWIN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:30 am    Post subject: conspiracy to stratovarius Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

i dont want be a war weapons giting free "Timo Tolkki's atomic bombs" on yours heads

but all no see that stratovarius "CHANGE HIS MAIN DRAW ON WEB"?

I mean, no more NEMESIS COVER ART!

I mean, can this be a sign in that stratovarius are "THINKING IN THE NEW ALBUM?"

i only say it..... Laughing

AAAAAAAAAA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

They are writing songs in Lappajarvi with Jani Liimatainen. Smile

KÖÖSKI TWIN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

If the guys do a new Elysium.....

let me say it that this can be a extra epic win.

but Elysium looks as one of those "special" moment in the life that happen sometimes

Anyway, one second "Nemesis" isnt bad too

I will tell you the true

By me, under my look "Elysium" was one those magistral moment as in in the past was "Visions" or "Destiny"

with the diference is that "Elysium" enjoy of the globalization and "Vision" and "Destiny" don't enjoy it

now, the marketing is much more easy that 90's Very Happy

HinatAArcticA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

But in all seriousness, I'd much rather have well crafted amazing songs that took a while to compose and flourish than some rushed tracks that the band thought of while going on tour or something like that Smile

mocobhc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

As far as I heard, because of a certain reason the writing process takes a bit longer than they thought when that interview or whatever it was has been made. Honestly I don't expect a new album before next summer.

and
HinatAArcticA wrote:
But in all seriousness, I'd much rather have well crafted amazing songs that took a while to compose and flourish than some rushed tracks that the band thought of while going on tour or something like that Smile

this.

SentineLEX
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'd rather wait it out as well. When you rush albums you get Avalon II.

KÖÖSKI TWIN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:32 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

really, timo tolkki is the machine to compose songs.

Avalon 2 isnt so bad, all can have a positive transformation. And avalon 2 can be transformed into a good albun if his team stop a bit to think more time

what happen if i told you that i compose one song with 1 chord (Do minor) and sound close that "signs of life of pink floyd" with all the samples and alternative melodies that have in this only one chord?

Of course that is a private stuff by now, and i dont have idea when i will share it, maybe i will never share my songs if my effort fails. Laughing

rikkertje

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

mocobhc wrote:
As far as I heard, because of a certain reason the writing process takes a bit longer than they thought when that interview or whatever it was has been made. Honestly I don't expect a new album before next summer.

and
HinatAArcticA wrote:

this.

What was the particular reason?

And I totally agree with waiting it out and having well thought out songs.

SentineLEX
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I can make some predictions tho

1. The title will have seven letters
2. Lauri will make at least one song about seizing the day
3. Longest song will be just over 7 minutes
4. Two ballads
5. At least three bonus tracks
6. Falling Star is on the cover. This time... It's back in space
7. 2 Jani/TK songs
8. Timo Tolkki will not approve

KÖÖSKI TWIN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/r81qJg_Ss9I? hl=es_ES&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/r81qJg_Ss9I? hl=es_ES&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></ object>

HinatAArcticA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

SentineLEX wrote:
8. Timo Tolkki will not approve

Heard Timo enjoyed Nemesis.

Here's the actual quote:
Quote:
"Just heard two new clips, 'Unbreakable' and 'Halcyon Days', from my ex-bandmates. I am actually floored. These are really cool songs. The production is fresh and modern. Way to go!"

I don't think there should be any more drama about that lol

rikkertje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

BUMP!

Knowing we'll have a new Cain's Offering album called Stormcrow in April, what about a new Stratovarius album!

Jens, Lauri, other members, any little hint that might get us excited? Very Happy

Rage1979

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Agreed! Elysium is their best album after Ininite!

KÖÖSKI TWIN wrote:
If the guys do a new Elysium.....

let me say it that this can be a extra epic win.

but Elysium looks as one of those "special" moment in the life that happen sometimes

Anyway, one second "Nemesis" isnt bad too

I will tell you the true

By me, under my look "Elysium" was one those magistral moment as in in the past was "Visions" or "Destiny"

Agreed! Elysium is the best album with Stratovarius since Infinite!

with the diference is that "Elysium" enjoy of the globalization and "Vision" and "Destiny" don't enjoy it

now, the marketing is much more easy that 90's Very Happy

NeverendingAbyss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:32 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Elements, Pt. 3 please!

rikkertje

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

A hybrid of Elements' speed and the sound of Nemesis would be great.

mocobhc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Rolf Pilve wrote:
My brand new Pearl Masterworks in the studio. The recordings for the next Stratovarius album are going great and we have four songs tracked now! The drum sound is already amazing and we got some extra "beef" from the room by using two Ampegs for toms, snare and bass drum. Videos to come little bit later.

Hell yeah, work in progress Ban_dance01Ban_dance02Ban_dance01Ban_dance02Ban_dance01Ban_dance02Ban_dance01Ban_dance02

rikkertje

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Wooo! Where did he write that? Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum