Stratovarius mini LP series

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
StratoFabio
Stratovarius mini LP series

Post by StratoFabio » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:39 am

a question for strato-collectors....

what the hell are these mini LPs?

it seems there is a box to contain them all...

how many are them?

StratoFabio

adrian9

Re: Stratovarius mini LP series

Post by adrian9 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:08 pm

never seem them, looks like an unofficial thing, taking in consideration that the rights of frigth night belongs to cbs or something like that, and the other records belong to whatever record label bought the strato catalog the last time (nuclear blast?) in any case that catalog you are preseting should bring some legal problems if released in an official way.
BUT, I might be wrong too.
so there.
A9

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:36 pm

Maybe Japan stuff, Victor Records Japan once held the right for the back catalogue so it can be possible that this is a limited edition or something like that, but I have never seen this.

Tero-75

Post by Tero-75 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:36 pm

These mini-LP's are a japanese thing for collectors or something, published by JVC record company.
They're called mini-LP's 'cos the cardboard cover is open from one side like real LP covers
At first there were only Twilight Time and Dreamspace mini-LP's

Later JVC published a whole series of these from Fright Night to Destiny (if I remember right) with SHM-format (Super High Material CD, wich is also a Japanese thing.)

And naturally someone in Russia desided to take advantage of this and published a pirate(?) serie of same albums.

You can see the difference between Japanese and Russian version in OBI. In Japanese version the Finnish flag comes over the edge of OBI, and in Russian version the flag is smaller:

And that box that is for sale in eBay, it's just a storage box without any actual cd's :D

StratoFabio

Post by StratoFabio » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:33 am

Tero-75 wrote: And that box that is for sale in eBay, it's just a storage box without any actual cd's :D
thanks Tero, and this box seems not so common (and not so cheap!)... is that Japanese or Russian?
StratoFabio

Tero-75

Post by Tero-75 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:50 pm

StratoFabio wrote:
Tero-75 wrote: And that box that is for sale in eBay, it's just a storage box without any actual cd's :D
thanks Tero, and this box seems not so common (and not so cheap!)... is that Japanese or Russian?
I'm not 100% sure but I believe it's Japanese and sold separtelly.