Helloween - My God-Given Right

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
SatanicSmile
Helloween - My God-Given Right

Post by SatanicSmile » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:18 pm

helloween.org wrote:Hi to all the Pumpkinheads!!!

We proudly announce that 30 years after our first self-titled EP, our 15th studio album »My God-Given Right« will be released on May 29th!
Here you can pre-order it exclusively via Nuclear Blast: http://smarturl.it/HELLOWEEN-GodgivenNB

»My God-Given Right« was recorded between October 2014 and February 2015 at the bands very own MiSueno Studio in Tenerife, with long term producer Charlie Bauerfeind (BLIND GUARDIAN, HAMMERFALL) handling production and recording duties.

Once more we feel graphic guru Martin Häusler (BON JOVI, QUEEN, GOTTHARD) did an exceptional job, the artwork will also be available as a 3D Lenticular print.

Martin Häusler comments his recent creation:
“We tried to built a world of ideas, keeping the ”classical HELLOWEEN“ elements, like the pumpkins on the one hand and a complete new look on the other, just like we did it the years before, working on a HELLOWEEN artwork. A first inspiration came from the album title »My God-Given Right« and some of the song titles like ‘Swing Of A Fallen World’, ‘Lost In America’, ‘Battle´s Won’ etc. During my research I stumbled upon the Blockbuster "Day After Tomorrow" and the idea of just leaving the world to the “pumpkins” was born. The most challenging part of this artwork was to have both, the Limited Edition and the 11" Earbook provided with a 3D-Lenticular-cover (a full 3D cover, visible without 3D glasses). That’s the reason the entire artwork was done 'in one piece', using a 3D program…we did not want one of those 'cheap Lenticular-covers, done by converting a 2d-version', but the best possible real 3D result: So don’t get any other versions – this will be a true collector’s item!”

Andi states:
”I never know how, but somehow we did it once again…the albums really rocks and kicks some major ass!!! We had the best folks with us to make this possible.
Producer Charlie Bauerfeind and Martin Häusler, who made a massive 3D artwork this time, WITHOUT stressing the whole color range ;-)

Adds Michael:
”... this proves what a bit of snow not only is able to, but really causes! I personally hate snow and the cover shows that too much of everything is never good. Just like Andi, I’m very happy about the new album.”

Our most recent studio effort, »Straight Out Of Hell« entered the official German album charts on a sensational #4.
Keeping this high position for five long weeks and charting several other European Top 10 rankings as well as the US Billboard Top 100, »Straight Out Of Hell« is the most successful HELLOWEEN so far.

Thanks for your support, we hope you´ll like the new record as much as we do!!!
http://www.helloween.org/news/my-god-given-right.html

NeverendingAbyss

Re: Helloween - My God-Given Right

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:51 am

Hmm. Last two albums were great. I wonder if this is following the same theme or maybe adding a bit of ambiance.

Looking forward. :)

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:16 pm

I lost faith in helloween so long ago, andi deris just cant sing live
A9

SatanicSmile

Post by SatanicSmile » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:13 pm

adrian9 wrote:andi deris just cant sing live
I kinda agree in this one. Never seen them live, but according to some Youtube videos from recent years... Their last DVD is almost 10 years old already, I recall he did quite well back then.

Last two albums were much better than Gambling with the Devil (which still had few good tracks), in my opinion. Even Weikath made one good song for both of them. :lol:

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:19 pm

Gambling With The Devil is the best Helloween album by miles, imo.

Fuck this artwork. It's terrible. So was Straight Out Of Hell's. What is this, 1995? Look at those shit graphics.

Deris can't sing live either, but I at least expect some solid songs out of this. I just hope there isn't another dumb song like "Asshole."

SatanicSmile

Post by SatanicSmile » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:33 pm

Empathica1928 wrote:Fuck this artwork. It's terrible. So was Straight Out Of Hell's. What is this, 1995? Look at those shit graphics.
Yeah, I agree. And they are so damn proud of it :lol:

Here's track list:

01. Russian Roulé
02. Battle’s Won
03. The Swing Of A Fallen World
04. My God-Given Right
05. Lost In America
06. Like Everybody Else
07. Claws
08. Heroes
09. Living On The Edge
10. Stay Crazy
11. Creatures In Heaven
12. If God Loves Rock ‘n’ Roll
13. You, Still Of War

Bonus tracks for digipak

14. I Wish I Were There
15. Wicked Game

Bonus tracks for earbook

01. I Wish I Were There
02. Wicked Game
03. Nightmare
04. More Than A Lifetime

SatanicSmile

Post by SatanicSmile » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:01 pm

The digital version contains three bonus tracks:
14. I Wish I Were There
15. Wicked Game
16. Free World
Own track for digital version? :roll:

On April 17th, we will release the first single out of »My God-Given Right«, which will be for the Speed Metal track 'Battle’s Won'. Besides the digital download, there will be a limited edition 2-track vinyl single, also featuring the album-track 'Lost In America'.

SatanicSmile

Post by SatanicSmile » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:19 pm

HELLOWEEN - Battle's Won (OFFICIAL TRACK AND LYRIC VIDEO)

Helloween - Lost In America

Both songs sound bit boring. Listened just few times tho. Not bad but not awesome. Something in "Lost In America" reminds me of Gamma Ray?

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:16 am

They remind me a lot of Master of the Rings, but they are keeping the same approach as the last two albums. I'll bet there are better songs for sure.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:57 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:They remind me a lot of Master of the Rings, but they are keeping the same approach as the last two albums. I'll bet there are better songs for sure.
From what I've been told, there isn't a lot better on the album than the songs they've released. Disappointing if true.
They let us have signatures on this forum???

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:12 am

Well that's a bummer.

Their past 3 albums haven't been exciting. They keep the Helloween element but nothing to blow my mind. I don't know the direction they want to take but I hope they get back on track.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed May 27, 2015 6:25 pm

Just by chance I found Straight Out Of Hell at a record store at a super bargain price (somewhere around 5$) I remembered this topic and decided to buy it (along Bruce Springsteens High Hopes!) to my surprise the whole album is pretty decent and have a lot of songs in it, that is always cool, of course deris shine in some moments and in others is a disaster, I think the guys dont take in consideration the register and tone of andis voice and that is why it appears that he doesnt deliver in some songs, not to mention live.
I MIGHT give it a shot to this album
A9

SatanicSmile

Post by SatanicSmile » Wed May 27, 2015 10:06 pm

adrian9 wrote:Just by chance I found Straight Out Of Hell at a record store at a super bargain price (somewhere around 5$) I remembered this topic and decided to buy it (along Bruce Springsteens High Hopes!) to my surprise the whole album is pretty decent and have a lot of songs in it, that is always cool, of course deris shine in some moments and in others is a disaster, I think the guys dont take in consideration the register and tone of andis voice and that is why it appears that he doesnt deliver in some songs, not to mention live.
I MIGHT give it a shot to this album
Straight Out Of Hell has few very good tracks, some decent, and some boring tracks IMO. And that's good enough these days, I guess :lol: I pre-ordered the new album earlier this week, should have it on Friday...

And this was released last week:
HELLOWEEN - My God-Given Right (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:16 am

I listened to My God-Given Right yesterday.

It's fucking terrible.

It's a real shame that one of power metal's longest lasting bands, one of the most well-known in the genre, has only a few great albums, and the rest is dog shit. Keeper 1 and 2 are pretty awesome, but Dark Ride, Gambling and 7 Sinners are fucking incredible, and the rest is either okay or terrible. Straight Out Of Hell was okay. My God-Given Right is fucking horrible.

Seriously, it's a piece of shit, from the artwork to the riffs to the melodies to the lyrics, it's really, really bad.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:40 pm

I also really don't like it. Where has the Dark Ride, Rabbit Don't Come Easy, Gambling With The Devil Helloween gone? :(

SatanicSmile

Post by SatanicSmile » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:27 pm

There's not really very bad songs (like there's some on last few albums), but also not very good ones that I would listen to over and over again. Where's all the epic choruses? Huge disappointment, for now.

The Time of the Oath and The Dark Ride are my favorites from Deris era albums... Or actually my favorites from whole Helloween discography 8)

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:00 pm

That's exactly it! It's not that is all bad. It's all just not that great. Mediocre from start to finish.

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:24 pm

Claws is the only half-decent song on the album and even that one overstays its welcome.

Look, I'm no metal elitist or GRIM KVLT BLACK METAL ROOLZ fan, but that 'fresh as a daisy' shit is inexcusable. I'd blast the corniest narrated Rhapsody songs in my car with the windows down before listening to that one in public.

zdenoeddie

Post by zdenoeddie » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:16 pm

SatanicSmile wrote:HELLOWEEN - Battle's Won (OFFICIAL TRACK AND LYRIC VIDEO)

Both songs sound bit boring. Listened just few times tho. Not bad but not awesome. Something in "Lost In America" reminds me of Gamma Ray?
Look (Hear) on Master of Confusion from Kai. Lost in Shitrica is crapy copy of that song. So bad. Helloween is good, but Rays is better. Kai rules!

SatanicSmile

Post by SatanicSmile » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:30 pm

zdenoeddie wrote:

Look (Hear) on Master of Confusion from Kai. Lost in Shitrica is crapy copy of that song. So bad. Helloween is good, but Rays is better. Kai rules!
Yes, that's it :D I usually prefer Helloween, but the latest album from Gamma Ray is so much better than the latest from Helloween.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:57 am

SatanicSmile wrote:
zdenoeddie wrote:

Yes, that's it :D I usually prefer Helloween, but the latest album from Gamma Ray is so much better than the latest from Helloween.
I agree..the last Gamma Ray album was awesome. I haven't liked anything from Helloween since "Gambling with the Devil".

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:43 pm

i cant say im a gamma ray fan but I do like some of his stuff, kai is a power metal hero if not the pope
A9

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:43 am

adrian9 wrote:i cant say im a gamma ray fan but I do like some of his stuff, kai is a power metal hero if not the pope
You should have used a semicolon after "stuff". :roll:

jam

Post by jam » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:52 am

dear god.... HE IS... SOUTH AMERICAN CLOSE TO THE CARIBE!!! HIS COLON IS BLACK.... BLACK!!!!

dear god, can be possible that all this huge nords cant understand!! :x