Eternal World Tour in Southern Germany

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
fernandotcl
Eternal World Tour in Southern Germany

Post by fernandotcl » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:38 pm

Hi,

Anyone else planning to attend the concerts in southern Germany? I'll go to the Lindau and Stuttgart concerts at least. Would anyone like to meet up?

I wanted to go to München, Frankfurt and Karlsruhe as well, but it's all a bit uncertain because the last trains back to Stuttgart leave at midnight or even earlier... It sucks that we're never told when the concert is scheduled to end so we could plan ahead properly. For the people who are going to do a similar trip to attend those concerts, how are you going to handle this? Any previous experiences with those venues?

Cheers,

mocobhc

Re: Eternal World Tour in Southern Germany

Post by mocobhc » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:18 pm

Huh, you're German/in Germany? Didn't notice before at all :O
We will stay overnight at all the shows, don't want to leave early just to catch a train... Karlsruhe venue is located at the east end of the city, takes about 15 min to the main station by tram, but depending on the connections to Stuttgart it could be tough. Maybe safer to call a Taxi, only takes about 5 min to the main station or less to Karlsruhe-Durlach. Frankfurt dunno myself, probably the same problems there. München should be safe though, S-Bahn-station is just a 5-min-walking distance and has good connections to the main station or Pasing.

foerg

Post by foerg » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:55 pm

well, got tickets for munich, stuttgart and geiselwind up to now...

backstage munic is a very nice location, and always good to meet some band members... connections are very good, or use a car, enough parking space...

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:07 pm

I've moved here a couple years ago. :-)

So yea, I don't think going from the Hbf to the venues and back is going to be a big problem. The main problem really is that I don't know at what time the concerts end, so I don't know if I'd have time to get to the last train back to Stuttgart. The last train usually leaves at around midnight, and the next one only departs after 3am, I think.

For you guys that have experience with Backstage, at what time do concerts usually end there?

I think I'm getting old. 10 years ago I'd go to all concerts and sleep in the train station if needed...

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:00 pm

Guess Munich and Karlsruhe have better connections to Stuttgart at night than Frankfurt does. I really can't remember when the Backstage show ended last time. Shows seem to start at 20:00, and I guess one should count with some good three hours. Then you're around eleven. That's why I suggested to check at what time you'd have to leave latest to reach the last train by tram and alternatively by taxi, and then decide which is the safer way to go.

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:09 pm

Anyone else having trouble buying the tickets for the Munich concert? Backstage is listing a different concert at that date, wtf?

http://www.backstagetickets.eu/live/blackbomba.html

:?: :?: :?:

StratoFabio

Post by StratoFabio » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:12 pm

fernandotcl wrote:Hi,

Anyone else planning to attend the concerts in southern Germany? I'll go to the Lindau and Stuttgart concerts at least. Would anyone like to meet up?
I will go to the Milan gig but I'll try to go to the Lindau one as well
StratoFabio

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:25 am

StratoFabio wrote:
fernandotcl wrote:Hi,

I will go to the Milan gig but I'll try to go to the Lindau one as well
I'll be there! PM me if you'd like to meet up.

I must advise though, my German is pretty awful... :-)

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:08 pm

Timo has Bronchitis, according to Gloryhammer facebook the shows in Lindau and Bratislava are cancelled. No confirmation on the Strato-site yet.

They played a shorter set because of that yesterday, poor Timo really had to suffer during the show :( Hope he gets better soon.
But was nice to see Holy Light instead :)

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:00 pm

I already guessed he was getting ill after the Warsaw show. He sounded really dry then. Guess this European autumn weather combined with a busy touring schedule is really hard for a singer. Hope he gets well soon!

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:45 pm

Yep, the venue website also lists the show as canceled. :-(

Wonder what will happen to the Munich concert, I hope we have news soon so I can get a partial refund on my ticket...

Hope Timo is okay, everyone has been sick lately.

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:03 pm

Is anyone else stuck in cold and rainy Lindau? I could use a beer... :( :-( :-(

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:07 pm

Shit! Every time they are going to play in Italy there are trouble! In 4 times since 2009 I never managed to see Timo in a good shape and I never totally enjoyed the show!
Hope that they'll play in Milan but I honestly do not care if the concert will be cancelled, although it would be great to see them live again, I prefer that Timo will recover fully and should not force his voice after the problems in 2011 and 2012. So good luck Timo, get well soon!

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:13 pm

fernandotcl wrote:Is anyone else stuck in cold and rainy Lindau? I could use a beer... :( :-( :-(
oh :( no one of our Geiselwind group down there, sorry :(

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:44 am

mocobhc wrote:Timo has Bronchitis, according to Gloryhammer facebook the shows in Lindau and Bratislava are cancelled. No confirmation on the Strato-site yet.

They played a shorter set because of that yesterday, poor Timo really had to suffer during the show :( Hope he gets better soon.
Funny that, my family just got over a serious case of bronchitis. All of us were just totally down and out with it.
But in all seriousness, I really hope Timo recovers soon.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:57 am

Southern_Cross wrote:
mocobhc wrote:Timo has Bronchitis, according to Gloryhammer facebook the shows in Lindau and Bratislava are cancelled. No confirmation on the Strato-site yet.

Funny that, my family just got over a serious case of bronchitis. All of us were just totally down and out with it.
That nigga needs to take some Vitamin C. He's sick on every tour... :roll:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:17 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Southern_Cross wrote:

Agree, a finnish who take flu for the cold?WTF?! Every fucking tour? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But let's see! :D

Alicja

Post by Alicja » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:14 pm

Pancio wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Southern_Cross wrote:

Agree, a finnish who take flu for the cold?WTF?! Every fucking tour? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But let's see! :D
You're right, I've been thinking about it too :lol:
Love is only beautiful when it bleeds.

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:15 pm

What do you guys want? If it would be as easy, just take some Vitamin C and there you are, he'd do it! And don't tell me it's enough to do sports regularly and eat healthy and drink enough, otherwise I, and many other people as well, wouldn't have a cold at least two times a year :roll:

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:16 am

Holy shit it's so good to see Stratovarius live! Sadly had to leave early, but still totally worth it.

Is it just me or was the music painfully loud? I went to the back of the venue actually cause I was afraid it would do damage to my ears...

Alicja

Post by Alicja » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:05 pm

mocobhc wrote:What do you guys want? If it would be as easy, just take some Vitamin C and there you are, he'd do it! And don't tell me it's enough to do sports regularly and eat healthy and drink enough, otherwise I, and many other people as well, wouldn't have a cold at least two times a year :roll:
Well, I don't do any sport and I'm not sure if what I eat is really healthy and I have a cold once a year or not at all. Btw I live in a place where we have 4 seasons so autumn time and early spring are always full of ill people around. So I'm not really sure how it works :lol:

Anyway, Timo is fine again! :)
Love is only beautiful when it bleeds.