"Eternal" cover art work & tracklist

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
HinatAArcticA
Re: "Eternal" cover art work & tracklist

Post by HinatAArcticA » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:37 pm

rikkertje wrote:Parts of that Loud Park Show are on YouTube. Professional shot.
http://youtu.be/lZbdtnGDi3c
This game such a Raumanmeri 2004 vibe...
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

Elz

Post by Elz » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:07 pm

you can already see MY ETERNAL DREAM video HERE: http://www.radiorock.fi/#!/post/55f1395 ... 03006642c6

fuck

Post by fuck » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:08 pm

fuck wrote:
Rebel wrote:http://ampsandgreenscreens.com/2015/09/ ... s-eternal/
Some words I wrote about the album
Blast beats!!! Yes!! My prayers has been answered!!! 8) :D :wink:
Just listened to the album. There are no blast beats on this album. :lol:

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:27 pm

Elz wrote:you can already see MY ETERNAL DREAM video HERE: http://www.radiorock.fi/#!/post/55f1395 ... 03006642c6
Okay! Although the video was technically beautiful, it didn't make sense to me personally. This video would've worked with a collage of performances since Polaris. But still nice to see a video from them!
SHINE ON!

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:14 am

Watching the documentary right now, will listen to the album later while working or something. I've already gave it a quick listen, but I mean a more dedicated listen.

But there's one thing that strikes me the most about everything shown in the documentary: The heavy involvement of Jani when writting the songs, specially for Kotipelto songs.

I'm noticing a trend that I feel like a sudden rush of very cold water.

For a very long time I've been denying that Jani was THAT important for Sonata records, however... there's a trend I can't ignore.

While I continue to feel the best new Strato songs are Matias' compositions, the last two Strato records had Jani involved almost as a 6th Phantom Stratovarius member, and both records are damn incredible. I think all of Elysium songs are really good, but some think songs like Lifetime in a Moment or Fariness Justified are not as good.

So there's this thing of Jani being a semi-member, at least assisting with the composing, for sure in the last 2 records.

And then when I think about it, composition wise (Not guitar playing, I think Elias is a great guitarist that continues to improve) but when it comes to the songs themselves, UNIA was the last Sonata record to have totally masterful composition.

I've been denying it for so long, but could it really be that Jani has that big of an impact on the power metal that I like? Strangely enough, I'm not a super fan of Cain's Offering, but when he's there in the background, there seems to be a spark.

Or maybe I'm just way too sleepy right now :)
Tony Kakko

fuck

Post by fuck » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:23 am

How long can you ride jani's dick before it gets old? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:10 am

fuck wrote:How long can you ride jani's dick before it gets old? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've actually never been an ultra Jani fan. Any old user will tell you that.
Tony Kakko

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:22 am

HinatAArcticA wrote:Watching the documentary right now, will listen to the album later while working or something. I've already gave it a quick listen, but I mean a more dedicated listen.

But there's one thing that strikes me the most about everything shown in the documentary: The heavy involvement of Jani when writting the songs, specially for Kotipelto songs.

I'm noticing a trend that I feel like a sudden rush of very cold water.

For a very long time I've been denying that Jani was THAT important for Sonata records, however... there's a trend I can't ignore.

While I continue to feel the best new Strato songs are Matias' compositions, the last two Strato records had Jani involved almost as a 6th Phantom Stratovarius member, and both records are damn incredible. I think all of Elysium songs are really good, but some think songs like Lifetime in a Moment or Fariness Justified are not as good.

So there's this thing of Jani being a semi-member, at least assisting with the composing, for sure in the last 2 records.

And then when I think about it, composition wise (Not guitar playing, I think Elias is a great guitarist that continues to improve) but when it comes to the songs themselves, UNIA was the last Sonata record to have totally masterful composition.

I've been denying it for so long, but could it really be that Jani has that big of an impact on the power metal that I like? Strangely enough, I'm not a super fan of Cain's Offering, but when he's there in the background, there seems to be a spark.

Or maybe I'm just way too sleepy right now :)
I am completely in agreement with you, and I share the same 'fear' (for lack of a better term). I didn't used to give it too much thought after Jani left Sonata, but ever since Cain's Offering's debut (and especially since Stormcrow/the last few years writing with Stratovarius) I've been reconsidering just how important Jani was not only to Sonata Arctica but that entire movement of Stratovarius-style power metal back in the day (and even now). Personally, I may owe him far more credit for hitting that sweet spot in my musical taste than I used to give him. He's a fucking monstrous guitarist and songwriter.

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:15 pm

Best Stratoalbum in 15 years, simply amazing

9/10!