Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Fourth Dimension demos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerMetalFox73

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Fourth Dimension demos Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

back before kotipelto joined the band, timo tolkki recorded all the demos for 4th dimension with himself singing. does anyone know where to hear any of these demos? it would be very intresting to here tolkki sing we hold the key Laughing

adrian9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

fuck I though they were posted here, tolkkis voice on we hold the key choruses are pretty high on the mix, you can totally hear him.
I would love to hear those demos too.

PowerMetalFox73

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

i will give anyone a virtual hug if they can find these demos! Surprised Surprised Surprised Laughing Laughing Laughing Ban_dance01

Krigo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

It'd be pretty cool to hear those demos, it'd be a pretty different experience yet also pretty damn cool.

AAAAAAAAAA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Krigo wrote:
It'd be pretty cool to hear those demos, it'd be a pretty different experience yet also pretty damn cool.

Are you mocking Hiro?? Laughing

Ilsekena

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Fourth Dimension demos Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

PowerMetalFox73 wrote:
back before kotipelto joined the band, timo tolkki recorded all the demos for 4th dimension with himself singing. does anyone know where to hear any of these demos? it would be very intresting to here tolkki sing we hold the key Laughing
Do u want his postal address?

adrian9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Fourth Dimension demos Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ilsekena wrote:
PowerMetalFox73 wrote:

Confused every damn day

Ilsekena

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Fourth Dimension demos Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

adrian9 wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:
PowerMetalFox73 wrote:

Confused every damn day
And every undamn day such a strong desire disappeares? So sad.

adrian9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Fourth Dimension demos Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ilsekena wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:
PowerMetalFox73 wrote:

Confused every damn day
And every undamn day such a strong desire disappeares? So sad.

Question I think you didnt get the irony...

Ilsekena

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I did! I did! Just forgot to put that smiley face, so here it is Smile

PowerMetalFox73

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

i dont think they exist on the internet Sad

Happonen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I have this one. It's recorded on MC and title is Stratovarius demo -94. I have to say that i like Tolkki's singing on Fright night-Dreamspace but on this one it's awful. Winter is still better with Tolkki's voice tough.

There are no Lord of the wasteland and Call of the Wilderness. Instead here is Soldiers prayer which is on Tolkki's solo album

Rebel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Happonen wrote:
I have this one. It's recorded on MC and title is Stratovarius demo -94. I have to say that i like Tolkki's singing on Fright night-Dreamspace but on this one it's awful. Winter is still better with Tolkki's voice tough.

There are no Lord of the wasteland and Call of the Wilderness. Instead here is Soldiers prayer which is on Tolkki's solo album

Where did you get ahold of it?

Happonen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I got it from my friend who was worked at T&T records in mid 90's.

SentineLEX
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Would you be able to upload it in any way?

Happonen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I don't have equipments to get the sound from cassette to the computer.

KÖÖSKI TWIN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

take one old walkman (Cassete device)

conect the hearphones out to one amply or notebook, or desktop in mic "IN" and in soft console play with "Gains"

Realtek shitty standart have this options 12 or 24 DB gains

if you use asio is better, or you can edit the audio level with whatever editior as "Nero Soundtrak"

really isnt harder. you dont have a walkman from your teenage moment?

you dont have fun, really xd

this is the cable that you need

adrian9

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

those demos had been rumored for a long while, and tolkki confirmed this in various interviews as well, so , upload that shit godammit

Rebel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

On that subject, does anyone has a copy of the Popkiller demo?

SentineLEX
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

^i've been looking a long time for that Smile

adrian9

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:

dang! bring back some memories, miss k talked about that somewhere, I believe it was a finnish magazine, I doubt it really existed outside band enviroment.....we should ask jari.

SentineLEX
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:40 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Any other news on Popkiller/4D demos/any other hidden goodies? I might need some extra stuff to pad my Strato discography binge while I'm waiting for Eternal to come out.

Beast_Pete

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:

Are you thinking about the following three songs?
11th_Hour.mp3
Rosalie.mp3
The_Hopeless.mp3

SentineLEX
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Beast_Pete wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Are you thinking about the following three songs?
11th_Hour.mp3
Rosalie.mp3
The_Hopeless.mp3

Don't believe so. Those are from her other band, right?

I'm talking about the recordings she did with Strato.

fuck
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:22 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Dude, that was just one part of their publicity stunt, having a female singer. That and tolkki getting stabbed and shit. Whatever. I bet if you go back far enough in the forum you'll read about the truth of it all. But you think they recorded vocals with that chick? Laughing

Rage1979

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I guess Soldier Prayer on Tolkki's first soloalbum is one of the demos.

Beast_Pete

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

That's true. Those 3 songs are from her previous band. And the popkiller demos are probably non-existing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum