Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Tony Kakko on Polaris?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SentineLEX
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Tony Kakko on Polaris? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

It says he did background vocals on Polaris but I'm never able to find his voice on those songs. Any of you know what parts of the album he sings on?

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Tony Kakko on Polaris? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

SentineLEX wrote:
It says he did background vocals on Polaris but I'm never able to find his voice on those songs. Any of you know what parts of the album he sings on?

Nope, that's news to me

SentineLEX
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Tony Kakko on Polaris? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Southern_Cross wrote:
SentineLEX wrote:

Nope, that's news to me

Yup. From the Wikipedia article:

Quote:
Additional credits[edit]
Seppo Rautasuo – strings (track 11)
Heikki Hämäläinen – strings (track 11)
Heikki Vehmanen – strings (track 11)
Kari Lindstedt – strings (track 11)
Perttu Vänskä – strings arrangement (tracks 1, Cool, strings programming (tracks 1, Cool, engineering (acoustic guitar; track 11), additional Pro Tools editing
Pessi Levanto – strings arrangement (track 11)
Alexi Parviainen – background vocals
Marko Waara – background vocals
Tipe Johnson – background vocals
Tony Kakko – background vocals
Tommi Vainikainen – engineering (strings; track 11)
Mikko Karmila – mixing
Mikko Raita – mixing (track 11)
Svante Forsbäck – mastering

And then Timo came to Sonata a second time to do backing vocals on tracks 1/2/5/6 as well, but that's audible. He's basically in every chorus on those songs doubling Tony's voice. Tony I can't hear on Polaris at all.

Motha-faka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Shocked no joke... all thee guys to do a SIMPLE ALBUM!! really looks simple, polaris. i mean, one of the most simple albums of the new stratovarius Mad

why im so fucking insane then! Mad

haaaa!!! i forgot!! im a fucking genius, damme!!!!! Mad

rikkertje

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Tony Kakko on Polaris? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

SentineLEX wrote:

I guess he's merged into backing choirs like on the chorus of Deep Unknown.

HinatAArcticA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Tony's vocals??
They are on Winter Skies, in the chorus after the solo... Of this info I'm 100% sure, but they are as noticeable as Kotipelto in I Have a Right (SGHN)

Oh yeah, he was there Smile

But I find it somewhat useless when they have each other as guests in the far distant background where you can't even tell it's them Confused

Alicja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

HinatAArcticA wrote:
Tony's vocals??
They are on Winter Skies, in the chorus after the solo... Of this info I'm 100% sure, but they are as noticeable as Kotipelto in I Have a Right (SGHN)

But I find it somewhat useless when they have each other as guests in the far distant background where you can't even tell it's them Confused

Thanks for the info, I would have never thought Timo sings "I have a right", I thought it's all Tony's voice. It's really hard (or even impossible) to divide their voices in this song Surprised

Motha-faka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: Tony Kakko on Polaris? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

SentineLEX wrote:
Southern_Cross wrote:
SentineLEX wrote:

Nope, that's news to me

Yup. From the Wikipedia article:

Quote:
Additional credits[edit]
Seppo Rautasuo – strings (track 11)
Heikki Hämäläinen – strings (track 11)
Heikki Vehmanen – strings (track 11)
Kari Lindstedt – strings (track 11)
Perttu Vänskä – strings arrangement (tracks 1, Cool, strings programming (tracks 1, Cool, engineering (acoustic guitar; track 11), additional Pro Tools editing
Pessi Levanto – strings arrangement (track 11)
Alexi Parviainen – background vocals
Marko Waara – background vocals
Tipe Johnson – background vocals
Tony Kakko – background vocals
Tommi Vainikainen – engineering (strings; track 11)
Mikko Karmila – mixing
Mikko Raita – mixing (track 11)
Svante Forsbäck – mastering

And then Timo came to Sonata a second time to do backing vocals on tracks 1/2/5/6 as well, but that's audible. He's basically in every chorus on those songs doubling Tony's voice. Tony I can't hear on Polaris at all.

LOL and this is one fucking scandal....

WHY STRATOVARIUS USE ONE MILLON OF MIX ENGINEERS?

WHY HUGE BANDS HAVE A TON OF ENGINEERS IF WHEN YOURSELF LISTEN THE ALBUM ALL SOUND THE SAME??

PAyME TO ME, I WILL MASTERING, EDITING, MIX YOU AND ALL EXTRA AWESOME!! the most supreme post production of the universe!! Mad Very Happy

Laughing

Really i don't have the fucking idea why stratovarius do all this.....

really

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Alicja wrote:
HinatAArcticA wrote:
Tony's vocals??

Thanks for the info, I would have never thought Timo sings "I have a right", I thought it's all Tony's voice. It's really hard (or even impossible) to divide their voices in this song Surprised

I didn't notice it on I Have A Right. I'll have to go back and listen again.

SatanicSmile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Tony Kakko on Polaris? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Motha-faka wrote:
PAyME TO ME, I WILL MASTERING, EDITING, MIX YOU AND ALL EXTRA AWESOME!! the most supreme post production of the universe!! Mad Very Happy

You should do that with next Sonata album Laughing

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: Tony Kakko on Polaris? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

SatanicSmile wrote:
Motha-faka wrote:

Seeing as how they're not doing so well lately, it's not like they have too much to lose, so why not

fuck
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:47 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Don't encourage him. Laughing

SentineLEX
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Tony Kakko on Polaris? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Southern_Cross wrote:
SatanicSmile wrote:
Motha-faka wrote:

Seeing as how they're not doing so well lately, it's not like they have too much to lose, so why not

Better than Pasi probably. I loved Pariah's child but the production was quite ass.

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Tony Kakko on Polaris? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

SentineLEX wrote:
Southern_Cross wrote:
SatanicSmile wrote:
Motha-faka wrote:

Better than Pasi probably. I loved Pariah's child but the production was quite ass.

Agreed

Motha-faka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Tony Kakko on Polaris? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

SatanicSmile wrote:
Motha-faka wrote:

i take your word, i will happy to build a supreme sonata artica in post production

well, i need admit, sonata artica is a good band, stratovarius too. Bud the sound is a lot to one band

including, you can have a tons of variations to build extra material based in sound jobs, live sounds and extra versions.

I'M OPEN!! I CAN GOT YOUR VISION TO YOUR MUSIC AND WORK!! Very Happy

SatanicSmile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Tony Kakko on Polaris? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Motha-faka wrote:
SatanicSmile wrote:
Motha-faka wrote:

i take your word, i will happy to build a supreme sonata artica in post production

well, i need admit, sonata artica is a good band, stratovarius too. Bud the sound is a lot to one band

including, you can have a tons of variations to build extra material based in sound jobs, live sounds and extra versions.

I'M OPEN!! I CAN GOT YOUR VISION TO YOUR MUSIC AND WORK!! Very Happy

Awesome Very Happy

NeverendingAbyss

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Love what Avantasia does. Everyone has a chance to sing. If only Strato and SA do the same for each other....

robocop656
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Next album : Flavio, farts and defecation, anal mixing.

Motha-faka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

robocop656 wrote:
Next album : Flavio, farts and defecation, anal mixing.

LOL, why no just mix, master and maybe effects touches according the artist vision?

Robo, is very hard defecate one complete multitrack and PC! Laughing

HinatAArcticA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Southern_Cross wrote:
Alicja wrote:
HinatAArcticA wrote:
Tony's vocals??

I didn't notice it on I Have A Right. I'll have to go back and listen again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e-V_- WpxoE
Check min 4:07

But yeah, just as Tony in Winter Skies it'll be almost impossible to distinguish Timo during the chorus parts.

False News Travel Fast this ain't Smile

phoenix666

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:37 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

In False News travel Fast Timo has a little, but very remarkable part in the vocals! Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum