Stratovarius is going to reissue all the albums, Awesome!!!!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Underwatering
Stratovarius is going to reissue all the albums, Awesome!!!!

Post by Underwatering » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:56 pm

Just reading the latest news posted in Official Site. I am so glad to hear this news that all the albums would be remastered in higher quality.

Looking forward for the release! (≧▽≦)

Mr Hadder

Re: Stratovarius is going to reissue all the albums, Awesome!!!!

Post by Mr Hadder » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:03 pm

Love the new artwork for Destiny and Visions of Europe

HowardPerlman

Re: Stratovarius is going to reissue all the albums, Awesome

Post by HowardPerlman » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Underwatering wrote:Just reading the latest news posted in Official Site. I am so glad to hear this news that all the albums would be remastered in higher quality.

For reference, here is the Aug. 15, 2016 announcement about the rereleases, which are to occur through the end of 2017: http://www.stratovarius.com/pages/posts ... es-143.php

It's a cash grab ... but it's an AWESOME and WORTHWHILE cash grab because:

1) We're going to get higher-quality (remastered) versions of at least some of the albums, which will be particularly excellent for the earlier works (especially Fright Night, which has noticeably lower audio quality than the subsequent releases of the era)

2) The new album art has a lot of potential to be amazing for collections. Already, Strato leaked previews of the re-issue album art for Destiny and the Visions of Europe Live; they look great.

3) We're going to get bonus material, which hopefully (although it is not yet certain) will include some previously unreleased tracks and/or demos and/or revised versions

4) For many collectors and Strato fans in general, they will at last have the opportunity to own physical copies of albums that, as of Aug. 15, 2016, are very hard to find (some extremely so). Highly ironically for me, I literally completed my collection of all of Stratovarius' studio albums, singles, compilation albums and live albums on Aug. 15, the same day this announcement occurred. On Aug. 15, I finally acquired Black Night (the only single I had been missing) and the new Best Of album, and now the big re-issue shall occur. I'm extremely glad about this, though, because now so many fans will have the opportunity to have access to physical copies of these albums, especially those that now are rare, with high-quality versions of the songs.

For the reissue of Destiny, in particular, we're going to be getting an amazing bonus disc of VISIONS OF DESTINY. Up until now, the Visions of Destiny album was widely regarded as one of the most popular, if not the most renown, unofficial bootlegs of a Stratovarius live performance, and copies of this unofficial album had been available in a limited way on the Internet. Now, Stratovarius is incorporating what started as an unofficial bootleg into its lineup of official releases! This also means that Visions of Destiny likely will have a remastering, such that we will finally gain access to an official, high-quality rendition of this album.

Also, it's great that the new artwork for Destiny features a woman reminiscent of she who was included on the original Destiny cover, but with her emerging from within a water sphere that upon closer inspection appears to be an eye, symbolically appropriate for the incorporation of VISIONS of Destiny as part of the re-release.

Six aspects of the re-release campaign are as of yet unclear:

1) Whether the re-release will just cover studio albums and live albums, or whether singles and compilation albums also will be covered;

2) Whether all language-specific or region-specific (particularly Japanese bonus) tracks will be included for the re-releases;

3) The cut-off year for re-releases, i.e. which album will be considered so recently released that that album and subsequent albums will not be re-released this way (for example, it seems highly unlikely that Eternal, which was released in 2015 and hence is of high audio quality and is widely accessible, will be reissued this way, but perhaps it will be);

4) Regardless of the cut-off year mentioned in Point 3, whether Elements Parts 1 and 2, which were re-released in 2014 as remastered versions for a special release, will again be re-released as part of this reissuing initiative;

5) Whether the Revolution Renaissance demo from 2008 that was never officially released will be officially issued for the first time and

6) Whether the amazingly rare Demo from 1987 will be included as part of the re-releases.

We live in exciting times for Stratovarius. The re-release campaign is going to be great. I can't wait to listen to the re-releases of Destiny and Visions of Europe!

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:50 pm

Very good post HP. I agree.

The only album I am missing from my collection (not counting singles, because I do not have the funds to go on that tedious quest) is Fright Night. It's always too expensive every time I check on eBay or Amazon. It'll be nice to have this rerelease, but I still want the original release, too.

Underwatering

Re: Stratovarius is going to reissue all the albums, Awesome

Post by Underwatering » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:28 pm

Underwatering wrote:Just reading the latest news posted in Official Site. I am so glad to hear this news that all the albums would be remastered in higher quality.

BTW, my favorite song of Stratovarius is Eagle Heart, wonderful and powerful song, through my high school life.

HowardPerlman

Post by HowardPerlman » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:23 pm

Another thought on the reissue campaign: As fans seeking to expand their Stratovarius collections likely would want in advance to know of all there is to collect, here are the best catalogue guides currently available for Stratovarius; none of these are absolutely comprehensive, but some of them are quite close:

1) Encyclopedia Metallum's discography page for Stratovarius: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Stratovarius/216

2) Wonders of Twilight's Stratovarius discography page, which while updated only through the release of Nemesis in 2013 contains some album release versions not covered by Encyclopedia Metallum's list and also has additional pictures of the releases, which is especially helpful for recognizing the differences between different versions of the same album or single or EP: https://wot-v6.rhcloud.com/?page_id=50

3) The Discogs page for Stratovarius, which while updated through 2016 provides almost, but not quite as many details as the Wonders of Twilight list for the releases through 2013; HOWEVER, this site also allows users to check on current availability of releases for sale by fellow Discogs users, which is directly helpful for collection expansion (For example, I acquired the very rare Stratovarius singles Future Shock and Break the Ice through this site): https://www.discogs.com/artist/324356-S ... ius?page=1

4) Stratovarius' own discography page on its website, which actually is missing a few releases, especially compilation albums, and which does not include demos, promotional releases or regional variants: http://www.stratovarius.com/pages/disco.php

Tero-75

Post by Tero-75 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:20 am

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:19 pm

Holy fuck. Definitely gonna sell off my current albums and buy this. That cover art is stellar. Is it Gyula's work?

EDIT: Yes it is Gyula. What an artist.

My phone says my current Strato collection is 35 hours long (not including singles, but including a bunch of concerts I downloaded off of Youtube). This'll probably get it into the 50's.

Destiny album art:

Visions of Europe album art:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:28 pm

I've completed their discography long time ago and I've bought it twice, one for collection and one for listening sessions.
Anyway, I think that I will buy those remastered/expanded version for collection, of course, and for throwing money to the band, since they are not earning nothing from ages (from their back cataloge,of course).

But there's one thing on which I've dreamt all this years, the instrumental tracks and isolated voice tracks as bonus CDs. This will make me whole.

Ryer

Post by Ryer » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:09 pm

Yo, Motha-faka... I can't be the only one that doesn't have a clue what the fuck you ramble about half the time. I think you just made 8 posts about the sound mixing, but it's hard to tell. If that is the case... 8 posts is a bit much.

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:33 pm

"Best mixing and mastering from best sound engineer ever" who use guitar pro exported .wav files,who don't know how to mix levels or produce vocals or anything else.
Flavio,GTFY,you sucks in every mean,as troll,as "musician",as "producer",as "audio editor" and person.Return to your little room crying for your face but please,stop posting here flooding us with your shitty tracks.

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:54 pm

Italians are half stupid, yes, that's not a secret, I believe. But half italians means the southern ones, here, in the north, we're pretty intelligent, instead. There's something wrong in the south part of anyplace, I believe.
And I will buy the albums, as I said before, remastered or not, I don't give a fuck since I'll buy for collecting purpose.
And well, Jussila know his work, I believe, better than you for sure(I can't conceive how you dare to post the shit you post).
But I know you have no money and you can't understand.
Return in the shadows, bitch.

_Pepe_

Post by _Pepe_ » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:23 pm

sorry, i just only read the first post (i think you have a lot of time xD... 545353452 post to say the same shit? come on) anyway, i catch the main idea , but you choose a really bad example...

https://soundcloud.com/flavio1/twilight- symphony

wtf! xD

Mr Hadder

Post by Mr Hadder » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:12 pm

Can someone ban this dumbass?

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:48 pm

Mr Hadder wrote:Can someone ban this dumbass?
we tried that, we begged jens to do it and eventually he did it, the forum was cool again for a bit, but then this dumbass returned and I think most people just had enough, the forum is virtually dead thanks to him.
this space belongs to his endless converstations with himself....sadly.
A9

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:52 pm

adrian9 wrote:
Mr Hadder wrote:Can someone ban this dumbass?
we tried that, we begged jens to do it and eventually he did it, the forum was cool again for a bit, but then this dumbass returned and I think most people just had enough, the forum is virtually dead thanks to him.
this space belongs to his endless converstations with himself....sadly.
Any way to IP ban?

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:06 pm

The only chance we have to kick this retarded boy out of this place is, actually, kill him or make him commit suicide.
He's like cancer, he kills whatever he touch, forum, himself, his sexual life, music and so on.

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:19 pm

Motha-faka wrote:shut up, spaghetti one, italy is racist :x
the word "racist" used as an insult by you is beyond ridiculous.

fuck off, seriously. rather a dead forum than one contaminated by you and your ridiculous posts. never saw a troll doing such a bad job.

Liberty

Re: explicit example with pro critic stuff

Post by Liberty » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:07 pm

Motha-faka wrote:this is just why i want tell you!!!

Elysium is the master piece of the out tolkki era, and the critic said that is a lot "Toy" and less Power.

why? FOR THE POST PRODUCTION!, THIS IS THE CLEAR PROBLEM OF STRATOVARIUS AND THE CRITIC, THE SOUND!

http://www.angrymetalguy.com/stratovari ... um-review/
Hi,

For a starter, i am faced with a couple concerns.

One person says that the remastered ones will be better quality with extra artwork and if i understand what you are trying to say is that the sound might not be as good or it will not make any difference as what has been done up to now.

I guess I might probably wait to see whomever buys something of the remastered collection will say for now.

Sound is important for me more than artwork.

You, if you were a starter what options would you choose ? Did any of them were done in LP's and is the sound better ?

Liberty

Re: explicit example with pro critic stuff

Post by Liberty » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:39 pm

Liberty wrote:

Liberty, you have less technology that my grandmother, kid

:lol:

and if you are sound engineer, i dont have idea how fucking you dont have a idea of nothing :x
Hi,

Na, you can feel releived, I'm no sound engineer. You seem to be very allergic to them, so, don't worry i ain't one of them...

Not a kid either...i was a young teenager when they stopped making LPs. I'm more of the tape deck generation... When i was small, they had those music stores at the big malls with racks full of LPs. Was fun to pass in front of them but i knew my parents would never agree... And then, when i started with summer jobs, i had some $$ to spend, but the vinyl kingdom was slowly being replaced. LPs are nice but they deteriorate easily. You put one of them on a good turntable and, i don't know if it's me, or it happens to other people too, it feels that they release more power or energy in the sound, especially if you put them loud.

I just took a look on the canadian ebay for fun, looks like vinyls are available at big prices...
amazon.ca has brand new ones, more affordable. Maybe your grandma might like one...

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:42 pm

So have there been any other reissues?

Ryer

Post by Ryer » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:46 pm

SentineLEX wrote:So have there been any other reissues?
I haven't seen or heared anything. At the moment I am waiting for news on a new album, which should come this year if they are to keep with their 2 year schedule.

Sth2112

Post by Sth2112 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:22 pm

A couple of touring dates have come up on the strato site, and one of them is a special "Visions" show in Milan, Italy. Maybe this show will be recorded and added to the upcoming reissue of Visions?

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:56 pm

I hope a new album comes this year, or early 2018 (looks more likely).

I'm getting nervous, though. Each album since Matias joined has been better and better than the last. I'm not sure how they can possibly top Eternal. My Eternal Dream and Man In The Mirror (as well as several others) have joined the ranks of the Stratovarius classics I still play over and over. Sooo fucking good.

Ingo

Post by Ingo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:59 pm

Any news about the reissues? I have the impression that the plans are cancelled. EarMusic announced the Gamma Ray reissues almost 4 years ago and after the 4th re-release they stopped. The last 2 re-releases also offered nothing new. :( The same might happen with the Stratovarius reissues.
It's no surprise since selling cd's are not profitable anymore.

I got the Elements super-special-edition (ltd. to 10.000, mine is no. 3000 something) with 3 cds and 1 dvd in a store for only 5€!!!

Sth2112

Post by Sth2112 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:18 pm

Hopefully there will come more re-issues in 2019, as well as Gamma Ray since they are returing to the live stage next summer. But yes, they might be cancelled..

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:24 pm

You might be right. Which is a shame, I love the new art style

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:39 am

Also, it's great that the new artwork for Destiny features a woman reminiscent of she who was included on the original Destiny cover, but with her emerging from within a water sphere that upon closer inspection appears to be an eye, symbolically appropriate for the incorporation of VISIONS of Destiny as part of the re-release.
Gee, wow. :roll: