Jani + Anette OTP

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
SentineLEX
Jani + Anette OTP

Post by SentineLEX » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:05 am

Empathica1928

Re: Jani + Anette OTP

Post by Empathica1928 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:52 pm

I got a Nightwish vibe, again, at the beginning of the song. Thankfully not nearly as blatant as Antemortem. Good song for a single, I enjoyed it. I hope there's some meatier power metal type stuff on this album but whatever it is I'll be picking up a copy.

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:26 pm

Empathica1928 wrote:I got a Nightwish vibe, again, at the beginning of the song. Thankfully not nearly as blatant as Antemortem. Good song for a single, I enjoyed it. I hope there's some meatier power metal type stuff on this album but whatever it is I'll be picking up a copy.
Did you say Nightwish vibe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKd6GfzpvdY

The drummer doesn't look like he's having any fun...

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:57 pm

I should look before I post. I thought that was what you linked in the first post, instead it was the first song they released. Whoops. :lol:

The drummer looks like he's holding in a humongous dump.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:23 pm

I was expecting this release.

I didn't really really liked it... I'm feeling a bit let down by my favorite artist recently.

The thing that I despise the most is the copycat formulaic repetitive shit pop music does all the fucking time (still there's a bunch of really awesome pop music out there) and then I realize, this guys are doing exactly the same, sticking to a formula, and repeat , repeat...

I understand is hard to re invent the wheel nowadays with so much available, I just was hoping a bit more from this guys, specially Jani.

:(
A9

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:43 pm

adrian9 wrote:I was expecting this release.

I didn't really really liked it... I'm feeling a bit let down by my favorite artist recently.

The thing that I despise the most is the copycat formulaic repetitive shit pop music does all the fucking time (still there's a bunch of really awesome pop music out there) and then I realize, this guys are doing exactly the same, sticking to a formula, and repeat , repeat...

I understand is hard to re invent the wheel nowadays with so much available, I just was hoping a bit more from this guys, specially Jani.

I think Jani is resting on his laurels right now.

As a musician once in a while I'll come up with something that blows me (and my audience) out of the water. But then it sounds so good, and nothing else I know stacks up to it, so I build on top of it as much as I can. And as long as people are mostly enjoying, and all my thoughts almost treat this original "discovery" like a permanent foundation that I can build things on top of rather than just another building block that can be interchanged with other good sounds... everything ends up sounding the same.

If you want an example of a musician who's actually good, compare how much Timo Tolkki's music varied with itself before 1997 and how little it did after 1997.

I'm willing to bet money this is where Jani is right now. Stormcrow and Eternal were well received and made him a lot of money. He's probably found a sound he really enjoys, if his recent output is anything to go by. So he's not really thinking about any sounds that are super super different from Stormcrow. And it shows in the music he continues to write.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:11 pm

SentineLEX wrote:
adrian9 wrote:I was expecting this release.

I think Jani is resting on his laurels right now.

As a musician once in a while I'll come up with something that blows me (and my audience) out of the water. But then it sounds so good, and nothing else I know stacks up to it, so I build on top of it as much as I can. And as long as people are mostly enjoying, and all my thoughts almost treat this original "discovery" like a permanent foundation that I can build things on top of rather than just another building block that can be interchanged with other good sounds... everything ends up sounding the same.

If you want an example of a musician who's actually good, compare how much Timo Tolkki's music varied with itself before 1997 and how little it did after 1997.

I'm willing to bet money this is where Jani is right now. Stormcrow and Eternal were well received and made him a lot of money. He's probably found a sound he really enjoys, if his recent output is anything to go by. So he's not really thinking about any sounds that are super super different from Stormcrow. And it shows in the music he continues to write.
You Really think that with the music, the musicianscollect huge tons of money?

i dont think this, warren curry have famous people as friend "Like garbage" famous band from 80's, maybe more old that stratovarius and he always said that is not more a busainess the music, for that he is not more a musician,

what do you think about that?

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:13 pm

I don't think it's so much resting on his laurels as it is he's finally found the 'sound' that he's been chasing forever and can finally produce on a reasonable basis. No way he's making 'a lot' of money from it, but certainly his name is always on the tongues of the power metal world.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:01 am

I cant listen good the snare. this is a bad with the actual productions of today

the drums fail

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:38 pm

The dark element had a new album out. :)

https://youtu.be/uJvh7Ku7K6Q

Jani knows how to write killer songs that stand the test of time. 8)
Give it a chance. If you care.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:32 am

I wonder if Jani will ever need to find his own band. I love all the projects he has been involved in. With or without a permanent band, he still kicks ass!

A wet dream of mine is if he and Kiske get together. 8)

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:14 am

Yes. Tony from sonata solo projects in the future will have jani on it. :wink:
We can hope and pray to Tolkki and see if our prayers cum true.
:bounce1:

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:05 pm

Haven't gotten a chance to listen to this one yet but Rolf is on it and I enjoyed the first one

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:07 am

Something with the amount of compression on the vocals, or it’s clipping? I hear the same issue with the vocals on the new hootie and the blowfish. Maybe my ears are just fucked. :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:28 am

Hey, my headphones are actually fucked, lol. Too much mixing clipping music in reaper. Doh. :?

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:27 pm

I really like this second TDE album. Much much better than the first imo.

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:16 pm

I agree. It is way more Nightwish-y.

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:28 pm

No one song stands out to me on this one like Tracks 5 and 10 did on the first one, but still a pretty solid effort