Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Sonata Antarctica - Windows of Lost Time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HinatAArcticA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject: Sonata Antarctica - Windows of Lost Time Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

So: About 10 years ago this guy made a silly song intending to parody and pay tribute to Sonata Arctica. His name was overture83 and had a (now defunct) site which was http://www.Angel-Photos.com.ar

Here's his song:
https://youtu.be/qu19hz2daVk

I always liked the track. It was silly but also kinda nice, particularly this middle section where the chord progression would go up and then resolved back to the main Keyboard solo section.

This year I suddenly realized the song was now ten years old, so I just decided to get a singer and make a 10th Anniversary version of sorts. Programmed some drums and got Jens to play some fast keyboards (not really those are also programmed), then played all guitars and harmony keyboards directly. My main singer was some guy I found via my YouTube channel, and I feel the song came out pretty nicely Smile

https://youtu.be/Ij9QXoW_wmM

I don't know what became of the original composer, but this was still a lot of fun to do.

*Edit: If someone knows how to post embed videos here, plz lemme know. It'd be much easier to have the videos directly on the post.

SentineLEX
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Really enjoyed the transcription of the keys as "pirubirubirubiru" lmao

This is a great song and I like your rendition of it. The song gives off this vibe that someone trained a machine learning algorithm on the first three Sonata Arctica albums and this is what it generated. So I guess mission accomplished!

HinatAArcticA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

SentineLEX wrote:
The song gives off this vibe that someone trained a machine learning algorithm on the first three Sonata Arctica albums and this is what it generated.

Absolutely!! Laughing
I think that's what the original composer had in mind when composing the track. I just enjoyed the track by itself along with its silly lyric and that middle-bridge section thing, so I wanted to cover it.

Glad you enjoyed it Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum