Tolkki's new band with Jari K. "Infinite Vision"

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Empathica1928
Tolkki's new band with Jari K. "Infinite Vision"

Post by Empathica1928 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:04 pm

::: SIGNING NEWS :::

PRIDE & JOY MUSIC is happy to announce the world-wide signing of Timo Tolkki’s new band INFINITE VISION! The band is currently in the studio working on the song material for the album “Into Infinity Project” which will be released on March 10, 2020.

The band consists of:
Guitar, bass, vocals, keyboards: Timo Tolkki
Vocals: Michael Vescera
Vocals: Timo Kotipelto
Bass: Jari Kainulainen
Drums: Rolf Pilve

“Into Infinity Project” will be engineered and mixed by Mikko Karmila at Finnvox Studios, Helsinki and is produced by Timo Tolkki & Mikko Karmila for Goldenworks Ltd. Mika Jussila will master the album at Finnvox Studio.
A tour and festival appearances will follow in 2020.

The track list of “Into Infinity Project” will look as follows:
1. Into Infinite (Instrumental), 2. Power To The World, 3. Dangerous, 4. Angelic Dreams, 5. Loneliness Of A 1000 Years, 6. Stars Of Thunder, 7. Summer Whispers, 8. Wicked Soul, 9. Sinners and Saints, 10. Never Let The Hope Die, 11. Shadows Of My Heart, 12. City Of Souls

Follow Pride & Joy Music on Facebook for more news, video posts and other information at:

@facebook: prideandjoymusic
@web: www.prideandjoy.de
@youtube: prideandjoymusic

Pancio

Re: Tolkki's new band with Jari K. "Infinite Vision"

Post by Pancio » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:07 pm

Nice to see Tolkki with positive attitude and without mindless and lifeless eyes.
Nice to hear that he will hit the road once again with a new project.

About the project itself I'm curious but cautious:

PRO:

-Good fanservices line-up with old and new Stratoguys
-Mikko Karmila back
-Mika Jussila back
-Tolkki seems determined
-Small label so I hope no autopilot or bad behavior only to sell

CONS:

-Too much fan service to the point that it will turn out to be Infinite pt.2, that's in my mind
-Tolkki's skill unknown at the very moment, fear it lacks of everything due to age and no exercise
-7 month to the release and already a title and track listing? Fear of a no-brainer album
-Small label with tons of money for Finnvox? That's sounds bad to me; once again fear of the autopilot fanservice album
-Three vocalist with Vescera too old, Tolkki totally out of tune since Destiny and Kotipelto with less extension and struggling in register changes

Now a little question:

Do you believe this will be a good work?

After Avalon II and III I've lost faith in Tolkki skills as a composer and guitarist

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:47 pm

This is really so abrupt and strange that I don't know what to make of it.

I really never thought Timo Kotipelto on his own volition would join a band with Tolkki after everything that transpired- especially considering that Tolkki has been kind of inconsistent over the last few years as far as his health and skill.

Beyond that, the lineup seems to be a classic Stratovarius reboot. But why Rolf Pilve? And where is Jens? The Finnvox involvement is probably the best news out of all of this and makes me especially curious about how this will turn out.

Why are there three vocalists? how is that going to work? Who is going on tour? Is it a real band or a project?

Does Tolkki really play keys? Is this gonna become like Saana warrior of light?

Even the name of the band is strange. Between the name and lineup this is very clear messaging to the fans that "this is the real Stratovarius". But does Timo still have it in him to perform and compose at the highest level? Lets see...

Timo on Facebook posted a month or two ago (at the height of his recent manic episode) "I could really see myself working with Vescera. Now one or two months later we have a track list and a release date.

My head is spinning, but I am kind of excited.

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:21 pm

I personally haven't liked anything Tolkki's done outside of Stratovarius except Symfonia, but even that record felt like a B-rate Stratovarius, which it basically was despite its killer lineup. Not all the songs on that have aged well for me.

And... yeah, I also thought the whole announcement was strange. I thought it was good to share right away so we can see what happens over time. Strangely, somebody on Facebook commented that Jari and Koti both posted something about being unaware of this. If this is fake, this is hilarious. And there's also a comment from Pride & Joy Music's Executive director/CEO Birgitt Schwanke, confirming the signing under this photo:

The plot thickens.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:59 am

...What in the World? I'm sincerely baffled by this. :shock: :lol:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:38 am

Strangely, somebody on Facebook commented that Jari and Koti both posted something about being unaware of this. If this is fake, this is hilarious.
Maybe its a way from bilking a big advance out of naive record company... I really have no idea.

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:26 am

The photo/post is deleted from Facebook now. THE PLOT THICKENS! I am drinking, and laughing my ass off. What is even happening?! :lol:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:59 am

https://www.prideandjoy.de/

Still online the official announcement by the label.

I believe the project is real since Tolkki's credibility is so low, in the music business, that another error will cost him to retire forever.
And he knows very well cause the guys from Frontiers almost kicked his butt to make sure he will stay outside the major.

Anyway, I also believe this is the same old story: Tolkki is trying to promote his stuff with this "social drama".
And I doubt, but hope, he will work again with Jussila and Karmila in Finnvox, too expensive.
About Timo K, Rolf and Jari who knows? Maybe is real since I doubt that, after the cool meeting with Stratoguys, he is so dumb to use Kotipelto name without Timo being involved for real.

We will see but eyes open, we're about to start 😎

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:45 am

Pancio wrote: I believe the project is real since Tolkki's credibility is so low, in the music business, that another error will cost him to retire forever. And he knows very well cause the guys from Frontiers almost kicked his butt to make sure he will stay outside the major.
I'm curious about this. Can you elaborate and explain your sources? Specifically on the second point?

And I doubt, but hope, he will work again with Jussila and Karmila in Finnvox, too expensive.
Just how expensive is it anyway? Is this such an exclusive studio that relatively well-known musicians in a scene can't afford it?
I doubt that, after the cool meeting with Stratoguys, he is so dumb to use Kotipelto name without Timo being involved for real.
Either he is that dumb or kotipelto is. I really can't wrap my head around why he would choose to get involved in this, given Tolkki's condition and past behavior. If it's true the man must have a heart of gold.
We will see but eyes open, we're about to start 😎

I thrive on this kind of drama! :lol:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:19 pm

I'm curious about this. Can you elaborate and explain your sources? Specifically on the second point?
A couple, or more, of months ago Frontiers released Avalon III.
The album itself isn't that great and Frontiers barely promoted it on Facebook, Tolkki has played only a couple of solos and his involvement is near to zero after Avalon II and mental breakdown of those years.
So, with less word, they've accelerated the process; Tolkki, with Lonobile and Lehtiniemi, produced tha whole album just to make the deal with Frontiers and Frontiers, after the last Avalon album, kicked out Tolkki.
Avalon I turned out to be a good album, the pt. II was shit and sold badly and pt. III came after 5 years because Tolkki wasn't able to write, play or produce anything: if you're a label wouldn't you kick out an improductive musician? Yes.
And after that, Symfonia disaster (expensive super project with little sales) and Revolution Renaissance problems with Lehtiniemi playing instead of Tolkki and little sales do you believe a major will invest in Tolkki?
Then there is his past with Sanctuary, that we all know very well, and Nuclear Blast.
No one who knows Tolkki want to invest in a cripple horse like him, a lot of outcome and little income
Sad but true, Tolkki have destroyed his credibility during the years.

Just how expensive is it anyway? Is this such an exclusive studio that relatively well-known musicians in a scene can't afford it?
The price of Finnvox it's a misery, to me, never asked.
I know they can master a single with 150/200 euros, so mastering tasks for an album must be 2000/3000 euros, not too much.
The problems are in producing and recording in Finnvox Studios: a good Studio starts at around 200 euros/hour and, knowing that, the total will be: 15000/20000 euros with 100 hours work (14 days and 7 hours/day), plus you need to consider the production tasks.
I believe the grand total can be 30k/40k (maybe more).
Not too much, but 40000 euros for a small label are a lot of money, yes.
That's why Stratovarius stopped with Finnvox, they can afford it but I think Matias can work for less and the label is happy with less money invested, of course.
Anyway, Pride&Joy confirmed Finnvox.

Either he is that dumb or kotipelto is. I really can't wrap my head around why he would choose to get involved in this, given Tolkki's condition and past behavior. If it's true the man must have a heart of gold.
Kotipelto and Rolf won't be on the album, the label posted an "errata corrige" removing both.
Like I said yesterday, we're about to start this new "Tolkki drama", yay.
Who knows what will happen?

MY ASS IS LAUGHING

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:36 pm

Indeed, there was some erroneous info in the announcement! No Timo K. or Rolf, but Jari and Viscera will still be on it, and it's apparently still happening? How do you have a release date when you don't even know who's actually in your band?! :lol:

https://powermetal.no/timo-kotipelto-og ... oLmJwJ0tko

The translation gives me "But despite the drop out of vocalist and drummer" - you can't drop out if you weren't in the project to begin with :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:14 pm

I HAVE PUNCHED MY COMPUTER WITH MY FIST

...or something to that effect.

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:39 pm

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:58 pm

The label, on Facebook, said, while answering to a comment, that Tolkki stated that a misunderstanding happened.

And the label is unaware of Kotipelto and Rolf not actually involved?

Sure, AHAHAH!

So you're making an artist sign for a project with you and you're unaware of what's happening; you're just throwing money to a musician without knowing anything.

Once again publicity stunts at their best.

I was interested before this news but, unfortunately, all the hype vanished.
And not for Timo or Rolf but for the going on.
I hate Tolkki trying to promote his work with other's name and, on top of that, trying to do so after the "reunion".

He will never learn and this is sad.

P.S.: I will be happy with Timo K and Rolf on the album, but I doubt the label posted something secret.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:16 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:I HAVE PUNCHED MY COMPUTER WITH MY FIST

"I hit with a punch my computer!"

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:25 pm

Pancio wrote: A couple, or more, of months ago Frontiers released Avalon III.
The album itself isn't that great and Frontiers barely promoted it on Facebook, Tolkki has played only a couple of solos and his involvement is near to zero after Avalon II and mental breakdown of those years. So, with less word, they've accelerated the process; Tolkki, with Lonobile and Lehtiniemi, produced tha whole album just to make the deal with Frontiers and Frontiers, after the last Avalon album, kicked out Tolkki.
Do we really know for sure that his involvement is near zero? We are just speculating, right? I somehow think if is involvement was near zero it would not explain why the album is so sloppy and low quality. I remember earlier you said many songs are Stratovarius ripoffs. Tolkki does this kind of thing all the time; I doubt the other musicians would.
And after that, Symfonia disaster (expensive super project with little sales) and Revolution Renaissance problems with Lehtiniemi playing instead of Tolkki and little sales do you believe a major will invest in Tolkki?
In a way I do. Because this new label evidently just did. I can't explain it really. Probably there are enough record labels out there and maybe word doesn't travel fast enough. Not sure.

The price of Finnvox it's a misery, to me, never asked. I know they can master a single with 150/200 euros, so mastering tasks for an album must be 2000/3000 euros, not too much. The problems are in producing and recording in Finnvox Studios: a good Studio starts at around 200 euros/hour and, knowing that, the total will be: 15000/20000 euros with 100 hours work (14 days and 7 hours/day), plus you need to consider the production tasks. I believe the grand total can be 30k/40k (maybe more).
That's very helpful, thanks. So it's not necessarily that Finnvox is particularly expensive, but rather that any serious studio by its very nature is quite expensive.

I wonder if this self-production process that Stratovarius uses is to the detriment of the quality of the record, or if working with less pressure in a self directed way has its own benefits.

Kotipelto and Rolf won't be on the album, the label posted an "errata corrige" removing both. Like I said yesterday, we're about to start this new "Tolkki drama", yay. Who knows what will happen?
Totally unbelievable. I wonder why he didn't add Bruce Dickinson as the vocalist while he's at it. What a bizarre move even after the recent "good vibes" reconciliation with the band. Brace yourselves everyone :lol:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:27 pm

Pancio wrote: I hate Tolkki trying to promote his work with other's name and, on top of that, trying to do so after the "reunion".

He will never learn and this is sad.
Exactly! :roll:

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:09 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is such a typical TT, I can't help but laugh. Another chapter from his infamous guidebook "How to piss off people in no time".

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:48 am

Let me put the things in this way: There are no certainty in what kind of involvement Tolkki has on Avalon III, that's sure since Frontiers is a very low transparency label.
But is crystal clear that Tolkki isn't the main player, writer and producer with Lonobile taking care of everything along with other people (Lehtiniemi and so on).
Production wise the album is horrific, there are a couple of tunes produced very well (like Promises, that was a bait) and the remaining 7/8 sucks in EQ, mixing, mastering etcetera (sounds like a low budget album).

Compositions sounds like shitty post-2008 Tolkki material, yes, but it's clear, once again, that anyone could write that kind of stuff without a single problem and I believe that Tolkki surely helped in developing songs but that's not enough to state that he was involved.
Lonobile is a not-so-well known musician, I know, but he is the main composer and player for Secret Sphere (band with Michele Luppi on vocals) and I believe he can emulate Tolkki since he's a professional with a lot of credits in Italy.

But the answer is good: "Why deciding to publish such a lame and bland album?"

Maybe time and money, I think that Tolkki delayed the release as long as possible lying to the label and, when Frontiers asked for material, they realised shit was composed. Then they've hired someone who can help and VOILAT, Avalon III released!

I'm not sure about everything stated here, of course, but I know for sure that Tolkki involvement was very little and that his bad soloing skills can be heard very well (just listen to the track with bad guitar playing and bad overlap).
Also I know a lot of musicians, here in Italy, and some guys from Scarlet and Frontiers also... Well, Tolkki has not a good reputation among them.

About the situation with Strato and Pride and Joy (or dafuq the name is), well, or the guys in the label are so naive that they can put an artist under contract by his claim or, probably, they knew everything and decided to promote like that and, in fact, a lot of people now knows about this project.
So no, the label worked knowing everything, they are little but they know the business very well, trust me.

Tolkki, you bastard, I feel like in 2004/2009, with splits, bullshit, firing and all the telenovela kind of stuff 😂

I remember like yesterday also the Project Credo; I'm one of the lucky few that received his money back after a tremendous social fight with Tolkki himself. Then he blocked me, of course.
Also he has stalked me, on my personal account, for over a year before that so called social clash.

And can you remember when he called the Brazilian fans, that were mocking Nina Maria, "monkeys"?

What a time 😁

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:57 am

Pancio wrote:But is crystal clear that Tolkki isn't the main player, writer and producer with Lonobile taking care of everything along with other people (Lehtiniemi and so on). Production wise the album is horrific, there are a couple of tunes produced very well (like Promises, that was a bait) and the remaining 7/8 sucks in EQ, mixing, mastering etcetera (sounds like a low budget album).
I have not heard the album yet, but I believe you about the quality. I am just a bit curious why if other people were involved, the quality is so poor. Secret Sphere doesn't have albums that sloppy. Michael Kiske's Place Vendome project on Frontiers (which I actually enjoy!) isn't that sloppy. The sloppiness to me screams "Tolkki".

You are probably right about the record label knowing what's going on, by the way.
I remember like yesterday also the Project Credo; I'm one of the lucky few that received his money back after a tremendous social fight with Tolkki himself. Then he blocked me, of course. Also he has stalked me, on my personal account, for over a year before that so called social clash.
LMAO what the fuck! I have heard these kinds of stories before about him.

Can you elaborate on why he was that interested in you, what he was trying to achieve by stalking you, how you found out, etc?
And can you remember when he called the Brazilian fans, that were mocking Nina Maria, "monkeys"?
What a time 😁
Good riddance... how how did I miss that! :lol: Was this on Facebook?

Jabi

Post by Jabi » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:57 am

mocobhc wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is such a typical TT, I can't help but laugh. Another chapter from his infamous guidebook "How to piss off people in no time".
"This is very, very bad" :lol:
OMG, they fired Jari! Bastards!

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:32 pm

HOLEEY SHITT. I took a peek at Tolkki's Facebook, well one of them and he was drinking a beer and eating soup. What happened to that, "I haven't had a drop of alcohol in 6 years" slogan he always repeated. :lol: My dog just shit on my carpet and I stepped in it.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:13 pm

robocop wrote:HOLEEY SHITT. I took a peek at Tolkki's Facebook, well one of them and he was drinking a beer and eating soup. What happened to that, "I haven't had a drop of alcohol in 6 years" slogan he always repeated. :lol: My dog just shit on my carpet and I stepped in it.
Now he hasn't not had alcohol in 6 years. :lol: eh. I hope he gets his act together but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:22 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Pancio wrote:But is crystal clear that Tolkki isn't the main player, writer and producer with Lonobile taking care of everything along with other people (Lehtiniemi and so on). Production wise the album is horrific, there are a couple of tunes produced very well (like Promises, that was a bait) and the remaining 7/8 sucks in EQ, mixing, mastering etcetera (sounds like a low budget album).
I have not heard the album yet, but I believe you about the quality. I am just a bit curious why if other people were involved, the quality is so poor. Secret Sphere doesn't have albums that sloppy. Michael Kiske's Place Vendome project on Frontiers (which I actually enjoy!) isn't that sloppy. The sloppiness to me screams "Tolkki".

You are probably right about the record label knowing what's going on, by the way.
I remember like yesterday also the Project Credo; I'm one of the lucky few that received his money back after a tremendous social fight with Tolkki himself. Then he blocked me, of course. Also he has stalked me, on my personal account, for over a year before that so called social clash.
LMAO what the fuck! I have heard these kinds of stories before about him.

Can you elaborate on why he was that interested in you, what he was trying to achieve by stalking you, how you found out, etc?
What a time 😁
Good riddance... how how did I miss that! :lol: Was this on Facebook?

Basically because is a low budget album written in a very short time and Frontiers decided to publish something in order to extinguish Tolkki's contract.
But the album sounds "Tolkki" in the same way as Trinity or Age of Aquarius does.
Short answer is that the album is bad but not bad as Avalon II, is sloppy in some parts but the solos are clearly too much for current Tolkki and, once again, production sucks but not on "Promises" which is the single.
So... it's up to you but, knowing Frontiers, the truth is easy to find: Tolkki played a couple of solos, maybe the easiest rhythmic part and maybe give to the label a bland demos of the songs then completed and rearranged by Lonobile.
If you search for Secret Sphere live video you will notice that solos ideas on the songs are similar due to Lonobile, and other solos are similar to what Lehtiniemi played on AoA and Trinity, that's it :)

About his stalking activities, well, dunno.
Once I was admin in a so-called "Facebook Fanpage", maybe it was 2010 and, at the time, Facebook was shitty but way less than the actual situation; I opened it along with two other admin, a girl and a male, after Polaris Strato show in Milano.
We were posting songs and translated lyrics, organizing meetings with other fans and then Tolkki came.
He was constantly arguing about his right to play and talk about Stratovarius, his own creation, even when nobody stated the contrary.
He was also so attention-whore that when we were posting something on our personal account or discussing about Strato history, music or his career he constantly replying in search of attention, just to know if we were fans of his music.
In the first instance it was really good to have your idol commenting under your PP, I was asking a lot of things (like the famous "Visions of Europe", promoted as a live album, but re-recorded in studio), but then he started to acting bad due to his illness and well... Then Project Credo happened and we clashed so hard he decided to block me.

Basically he was in his maniac and depressed phase of bipolar disorder, that's the best way to answer.
But I believe he was also in search of help and certitude from some of his fans.

Once he was my hero, the one that pushed my in playing an instrument, now I'm sad for him but, at the same time, angry.
He betrayed, on purpose, friends, fans and his own music just to be at the center of the scene and, nonetheless, relinquished and forsaken but still he doesn't understand.

The same happened to my mother due to borderline personality disorder, but she ended up well after years of help.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:55 pm

Basically because is a low budget album written in a very short time and Frontiers decided to publish something in order to extinguish Tolkki's contract.
[...] Tolkki played a couple of solos, maybe the easiest rhythmic part and maybe give to the label a bland demos of the songs then completed and rearranged by Lonobile.
That does make perfect sense. The only remaining question is, why did Lonobile do such a shitty job with the arrangements, lol.
In the first instance it was really good to have your idol commenting under your PP, I was asking a lot of things (like the famous "Visions of Europe", promoted as a live album, but re-recorded in studio)
Is that really the case? What a shame. Visions of Europe is a great "live" record, one of my favorites. I actually had no idea. I wouldn't have guessed- are you sure?
He was also so attention-whore that when we were posting something on our personal account or discussing about Strato history, music or his career he constantly replying in search of attention, just to know if we were fans of his music.
LMAO...ridiculous. Yeah, I totally understand where you're coming from with your frustration. I don't think anything really is going to change, neither with his attitude, bipolar episodes, performing ability, songwriting ability, etc. But I hope I'm wrong.

Jabi

Post by Jabi » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:48 am

I would like to hear more about the Visions of Europe thing. It's the first time I've heard someone say it's re-recorded in studio.

I believe Kotipelto once said he was getting worried over how much the band were drinking during the Visions tour, especially TT and JM. Maybe the performances weren't good enough because of the alcohol abuse?

But then again, Jens's home page says there are NO overdubs on the album.
OMG, they fired Jari! Bastards!

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:55 pm

there is no shortage of drama imma right?
really glad to see TT and JK together again, perhaps throwing Lassila in the mix would be cool.
A9

Mr Hadder

Post by Mr Hadder » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:29 pm

Jari WON'T be part of TT's new project. He posted that on his facebook profile early this week

KupiainenItaly96

Post by KupiainenItaly96 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:29 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:I HAVE PUNCHED MY COMPUTER WITH MY FIST

"I hit with a punch my computer!"
I'm honored

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:25 pm

Did tolkki forge their signatures on the contract or did the label just take the word of a person known to lie on faith with just tolkkis signature?