Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

New Sonata Arctica Single
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robocop

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

You guys wrote a fucking novel. Laughing I tried listening to their new album before and the only thing I took away from it was they seem to use different scales on the one song. Other than the lackluster production, itís not something I plan on listening to again. Honestly, Iím either all in on an album or donít give a shit. Maybe ten years later listen to it again and see how bad or good it sounds to your ears.

ZenithMC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

robocop wrote:
You guys wrote a fucking novel. Laughing

The novel's not over just yet. Laughing I need more time to compose my thoughts, first. The age debate, though, I believe has resulted in a stalemate.

robocop wrote:
Honestly, Iím either all in on an album or donít give a shit.

I feel the same way. I know a lot of other people who say that albums "grow on them", but, for me, it doesn't work that way. It's either great on the first listen or it's not.

NeverendingAbyss

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

robocop wrote:
Maybe ten years later listen to it again and see how bad or good it sounds to your ears.

Well, if SA keeps making crappy music in the future, then yes this album will sound nice.

I just want them to continue where they left off @ Reckoning Night. Is that too much to ask? Crying or Very sad

robocop

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
robocop wrote:
Maybe ten years later listen to it again and see how bad or good it sounds to your ears.

Well, if SA keeps making crappy music in the future, then yes this album will sound nice.

I just want them to continue where they left off @ Reckoning Night. Is that too much to ask? Crying or Very sad

Donít live in the past!! Thereís a hundred other Finnish bands making awesome music. Wink

Sometimes my ears change when I listen to a decade old album, I notice little things. For better or for worse. Laughing

robocop

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

ZenithMC wrote:
robocop wrote:
You guys wrote a fucking novel. Laughing

The novel's not over just yet. Laughing I need more time to compose my thoughts, first. The age debate, though, I believe has resulted in a stalemate.

robocop wrote:
Honestly, Iím either all in on an album or donít give a shit.

I feel the same way. I know a lot of other people who say that albums "grow on them", but, for me, it doesn't work that way. It's either great on the first listen or it's not.

Wait till youíre 40 chugging beers with a family full of kids and then see if you appreciate an old album. Laughing Thatís not me. Life changes and so does your ears. Thatís all I mean. Razz

NeverendingAbyss

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

robocop wrote:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:
robocop wrote:

Donít live in the past!! Thereís a hundred other Finnish bands making awesome music. Wink

Sometimes my ears change when I listen to a decade old album, I notice little things. For better or for worse. Laughing

I sound like an entitled bitch when I say this, but I patiently wait 3-4 years for one of my favorite bands to release an album. If the album is shitty, I feel like those 4 years just went down the drain for nothing.

I don't care too much about the quality of the melodies so long as they are consistent to the earlier album(s). If it is not consistent, then it better be a good album.

Just consider Infinite. It was way different from Visions, but it was still joyful to listen to.

I will give Talviyo another try in the future like you recommended.

Smile

robocop

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I know what you mean. Most of the time newer stuff isnít any good to my ears. Sometimes Iím tired of power metal and listen to whatever else. Not even metal. Thatís just the classic genre that was my favorite. Another thing is just put the album on quiet so you have something playing in the background, not even paying attention what it is. Laughing Thatís one way of listening to it while you do other stuff. Just as background noise and you wonít have an impression of it. With old albums that had a bad reputation sometimes you even avoid the album. So thatís a problem if you want to give something a chance.

NeverendingAbyss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:25 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

My background noise tends to be that kid on the mic while playing COD yelling and calling me a faggot. Laughing

robocop

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I like wearing call of doodie shirts and chugging Mountain Dew and eating Doritos while listening to ďVictoriaís Secret.Ē

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum