Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

stratovarius.com news postStratovarius on "Seven Sinners" tour w/ Helloween
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JensJohansson
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:42 am    Post subject: Stratovarius on "Seven Sinners" tour w/ Helloween Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

We are really happy to announce today that we have been invited to join Helloween's Seven Sinners tour package at the end of this year.

Naturally we accepted, since the idea is that our new album will be finished before the first date on the tour. The first gig will be on November 26, 2010 and the first two legs will cover all of Europe. The first leg is confirmed already, as always you can see upcoming Stratovarius shows at http://www.stratovarius.com/tour/.

The plan is that Stratovarius will play one hour at each of these shows and then Helloween will take the stage. Like Andy Deris put it, a "power metal party" similar to the really successful package with the Helloween / Gamma Ray tour a few years back. Lots of bang for the buck!

The schedule will fit pretty nicely with the recording and release of Stratovarius' new record. Helloween's new record, which is a full-on normal metal record, will come out end of October this year. For us in Stratovarius the plan is to have our new record out quite early next year, but we don't have a release date yet.

For anyone seeking more information about Helloween and their other plans, click no further than their official web site at helloween.org.

In other news, much of the drums for the next Stratovarius album have been recorded at 5 by 5 studios in Helsinki, and work is progressing nicely so far!

Here is the current schedule as it stands now:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rebel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

That is incredible.
Absolutely incredible

Jude

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yes, it's finally happening! Two of my favorite power-metal bands live on a same tour. Cool

rikkertje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

YES! Very Happy Really cool. I'll be there!

Tero-75
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hell yeah, see you in Tampere! Evil or Very Mad
And in Eura before that Cool

Empathica1928

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Awesome! I hope you can join them over in the USA...

finnlandia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

wow !! great!! Cool

Leda Soares

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

It would be great to see you guys in São Paulo again!!!!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ggonza43

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Fucking great Ylsuper!!

Balu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ah, the only gig that isn't listed here, but listen on Helloween's site is the Budapest one. Is that a mistake or am I just this unlucky? >.<

nefertari

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Great news Very Happy Ylsuper

Mormegil

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Mother of god... Shocked
See you in Tampere!
I missed the Helloween-Gamma Ray tour, so I'm definitely not going to miss this one.

We still need a power metal big four -tour with Helloween, Stratovarius, Gamma Ray and Blind Guardian.

Florian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

There's another date confirmed on the Helloween website : November 28, 2010: Petöfi Hall, Budapest, Hungary

I agree with the idea of this Big Four. It would be fucking awesome that the 4 bands play songs together at the end ! They could play "I Want Out", "Future World", "Valley Of The Kings", "Ride The Sky" or "Valhalla" for example !

Ikola

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Awesome! see you on the 8th of december!

on the topic of a "big four" tour. It would more or less have to be a small half-day festival cause I wouldn't survive if Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, Gamma Ray and Helloween had to share one concert-night. It would be like 45minutes per band or something. I need like at least 1-1.5 hours per band!

Empathica1928

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Oh man a Big Four of power metal would be amazing. We could debate forever on the order in which they'd play Laughing

Rebel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Mormegil wrote:
Mother of god... Shocked
See you in Tampere!
I missed the Helloween-Gamma Ray tour, so I'm definitely not going to miss this one.

We still need a power metal big four -tour with Helloween, Stratovarius, Gamma Ray and Blind Guardian.

Substitute Gamma Ray for Angra and you have a deal

SinisterStar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
Mother of god... Shocked
See you in Tampere!

Blasphemy.

NeverendingAbyss

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Fuck living in the states! Mad Mad

Babylon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

NeverendingAbyss wrote:

Or south of the States!! Mad Mad Mad

AGAG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Babylon wrote:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:

Or south of the States!! Mad Mad Mad

Or even souther than that! fuck... Mad Mad Mad Mad

Rebel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

SinisterStar wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
Mother of god... Shocked
See you in Tampere!

Blasphemy.

Angra, especially since the arrival of Edu Falaschi, has been far more consistently awesome than Gamma Ray.

Florian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

You've forgotten something : first, you're just talking about your tastes. Then, Gamma Ray is Kai Hansen's band, and Kai is the godfather of the genre.

moonstone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Thanks for the all the great news , Jens !! The future of Stratovarius looks great ... and busy ! Laughing

Shame France has been overlooked in this tour Confused .. You know what ? That dear Heavy rocking metal that we like is slowly being wiped out of the face of this country , or so it seems to me Sad

Oh well , I'd better start saving seriously to go and see you elsewhere then Smile

Florian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I live in France too but I'm not so scared about it. They can do one or two dates later Wink

Empathica1928

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Florian wrote:
You've forgotten something : first, you're just talking about your tastes. Then, Gamma Ray is Kai Hansen's band, and Kai is the godfather of the genre.

Agreed. Gamma Ray is much more fitting than Angra.

ggonza43

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Mormegil wrote:

Hell yeah! That would be the best fucking gig ever Very Happy Very Happy!!

Kecos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

ggonza43 wrote:
Mormegil wrote:

Absolutely! Give each at least an hour to play, and that would make an awesome concert!

ggonza43

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Kecos wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
Mormegil wrote:

Absolutely! Give each at least an hour to play, and that would make an awesome concert!

An hour? Let them each have 2 at least Very Happy!

rikkertje

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I hope they will finally change the setlist for this new tour.
It's time for:

Intro
Deep Unknown
Forever Free
The Kiss of Judas
Blind
Eagleheart
Winter
Speed of Light
King of Nothing
Destiny
Forever is Today
Coming Home
Emancipation Suites I & II
Against The Wind
Forever
Black Diamond
Falling Star
Legions, or maybe a song from the new album

That would be cool.

Ragehead91

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Well, they will "only" play about an hour, so I guess the setlist will be kinda short.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum