Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

New Stratovarius drummer (your thoughts or preferences)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RazielSR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: New Stratovarius drummer (your thoughts or preferences) Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Well, it is time to think about the future (once again) of Stratovarius. Polaris and Elysium were fantastic albums that made Stratovarius rise again as a band, having step by step better sales and fantastic gigs.

So, now that Jörg decided to leave, which drummer would you like to see playing for Stratovarius?

My vote goes for Peter Wildoer (if he is free now) cause it is a drummer that I like a lot and can play prog and power with no problems. He is swedish. If you don't know him, you can hear his work on Darkane, In Flames or Arch Enemy for example, and mainly in James Labrie's solo album, Static Impulse (he is the one growling too Laughing ). You can see him in Dream Theater drummers documentary too.

I think he could fit perfectly (as another 10 maybe) but let's share opinions.

All this... considering that Alex was not a permament replacement and he was playing for Symfonia too and I really don't know if he fits or if the band talked with him about it, etc, etc.

I understand that the band needs a permanent replacement, so maybe many of our choices are not possible, but who knows!

Video for DT audition: http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/ peterwildoerdream.html

flyingdistantskies

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Peter would be fine. But what do you think of Mike Portnoy, Uli Kush...

RazielSR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

flyingdistantskies wrote:
Peter would be fine. But what do you think of Mike Portnoy, Uli Kush...

MP??? I really don't think it is a good idea Laughing . He is living now his personal crusade against DT and turning almost all of his fans against him, and receiving a lot of insults from everywhere each time he opens his mouth to say DT was my baby, now is all shit and I would never continue DT without Petrucci, bla bla. He is being more or less, cyber-attacked Laughing . And the musical differences are too much, and he is not the kind of guy to play in Stratovarius I would say, taking into account that he would accept... or atking into account that the band would like to have MP as a drummer...

Uli is injuried and he dont know if he will be able to play anymore and left Symfonia because of that, according to TT. Plus I think he is tired of metal.

kameli

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New Stratovarius drummer (your thoughts or preferences) Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

RazielSR wrote:
Peter Wildoer

+1

or Kai Hahto http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kai_Hahto

Balu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'd prefer some young, unknown talent like it was with Matias.

Rebel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Let's go steal Mirka Rantanen.

foerg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

matias´ little brother plays drums... remember the thread?

eternity_strato

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Peter Wildoer would be the dream, but the stuff in Strato would be so much easy for him, I think he would pick a band with more "difficult" drumming.

robocop656
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: New Stratovarius drummer (your thoughts or preferences) Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

kameli wrote:
Kai Hahto http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kai_Hahto

STRATO WITH BLAST BEATS!

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

foerg wrote:

Why not? That would be cool. They seem to be a very talented family. But, how much younger is he, isn't Matias just 19 or so?

Balu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

browneyedgirl wrote:
foerg wrote:

Why not? That would be cool. They seem to be a very talented family. But, how much younger is he, isn't Matias just 19 or so?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Matias_Kupiainen
He's 28.

mocobhc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Let's go steal Mirka Rantanen.

I also thought about him tonight. Since Pasi has left, Thunderstone has lost some attraction for me anyway Wink but I'd be glad to see at least Mirka live more regularly.

Shogakat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I was thinking about Mirka Rantanen yesterday as a Stratovarius drummer... Of course he played with Kotipelto and could have good relationship with TK and Lauri.

Another possibility is Janne Parviainen, but we are searching for a full dedicated drummer. Let's see what happens. There is the Cain's Offering drummer too, in the recordings the way of playing drums was in some ways like Stratovarius way, Jani Hurula. If Cain's is stopped, this could be a good replacement.

adrian9

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

im going with mirka or a new talent

eagledreamr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Peter Wildoer, Marco Minnemann, Matias' little brother, or a new talent.

Or Anders Johansson Laughing

robocop656
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

eagledreamr wrote:
Marco Minnemann

Never.

eagledreamr wrote:
Anders Johansson

More like it.

eagledreamr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

robocop656 wrote:
eagledreamr wrote:
Marco Minnemann

Never.

Why? He looks kinda fun (and he is talented).

But a new talent may still be the best option.

robocop656
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Marco DOES do studio work for random guys and random bands. Ranging from Kreator to Mike Kennelly. (Laughing) I just can't see him playing in the band. He's my favorite anyway. Just, the world would explode if he played power metal I would think.
B B B

HoldenCaulfield

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

My vote goes to Jonas Puolakka. He can play drums too, if required.

About Marco, he can really play drums. He's so good, he's almost corny, in fact. I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it. I certainly like to hear him play, but sometimes you feel like turning the goddam drums over. I think it's because sometimes when he plays, he sounds like the kind of guy that won't talk to you unless you're smiling.

Skyggeboy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I don't know... Personally i'm a singer and I make attention to most of them. I really can't say who I want to be the next drummer of Strato. You never can't replace Jörg. But you can get the cool and very in-metal drummer so I hope that Strato will get one who suits best for the metal and Stratovarius and is cool as possible. Razz

stratowerner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I would say Andre Hilgers (Rage,silent force,Axxis)or Mike Terrana

Jabi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Bring back Lassila!

RckteerGZ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Aquiles Priester Smile

RckteerGZ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

why? because

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=eIqmlMVevGA

HinatAArcticA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think that for a drummer, the band has to get some fresh blood. Young blood is what has done the best to Strato in years. Lauri and Matias.

There's a lot of talent there.
This might be a stupid suggestion, but I'll make it anyway...
DragonForce had a worldwide audition for their new singer, through YouTube. I know it's not the same, but I think something simmilar would work.

I personally want to see a new great drummer I've never heard about before. Someone young and with hunger to play music and play gigs.

Or... someone that the band knows well, so the transition could be very smooth.

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Jabi wrote:
Bring back Lassila!

Wasn't he in an orchestra? Doing percussion? That's a pretty classy job!

Rage1979

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I don't consider Polaris as a fantastic album... But Elysium in the other hand is great!

There are lots of great drummer out there. I am sure they make a good choice.

Verdades Parias

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A DRUMMER YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE ONE OF THIS 2:

MIKE TERRANA

AQUILES PRIESTER!!!!

Rebel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Why has nobody brought up Kotipelto just taking up drums again?

On a more serious note, what would Tolkki do if Alex Landenberg upgraded bands?

NeverendingAbyss

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:04 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Anders! I choose you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum