Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

How far would Stratovarius had gone with Tolkki on vocals?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eternity_strato

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: How far would Stratovarius had gone with Tolkki on vocals? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Move to 1993 for a second and imagine if Tolkki doesn't want to get another singer.

How far would those guys had gone? I think that maybe more progressive but less mainstream. Although I would adore more progressive stuff like the one on Dreamspace.

NeverendingAbyss

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

You like Dreamspace don't you? Cool

Without Jens or TK Stratovarius would be very different. Different riffs, chord progressions, vocal chords, etc...

But Tolkki couldn't be the monopolist songwriter, that's for sure. So we would hear an interesting blend.

Though Twilight Time and Dreamspace aren't that different. It's like Part 1 and Part 2, so it's hard to discern the change in style.

And I have no idea what I'm writing.

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Seriously, I hate to make "predictions", but Stratovarius might have fizzled out after a few more albums if Jorg, Jens, and TK had not been part of the equation. Who knows? This "butterfly effect" type speculation is weird. Smile

Verdades Parias

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

no much more than Dreamspace...it was a peak in their evolution I think, so...maybe a couple of albums more and good-bye. Just like the Elements, a peak of an evolution, and then...break up (eventually changes)

HoldenCaulfield

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

No matter how far or how high up.

Sometimes you get tired of going by bus... the same way you get tired riding in cars. Sometimes, you have to walk.

Ilsekena

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

And what about plains and boats?

HoldenCaulfield

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

If a man was shipwrecked somewhere, and you rescued him in a goddam boat, he'd want to know who the guy was that was rowing it before he'd even get in.

That is a problem, usually.

Skyggeboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Not very far. If they would go far their music would have been very different than what it was in real life. I think.

AAAAAAAAAA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Jari was fired.

icecab21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

he changed the band lineup for a reason

Balu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

First time ever I agree with icecab.

AAAAAAAAAA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I disapprove of the lack of punctuation. Rolling Eyes

GAGAGO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ahaaaa. Shut up you pompous freak...

Tarhaea

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think they would have gone very far. Slowly building up their fanbase with dark infused atmosphere would had done fruit sooner or later. Afterall, Stratovarius is mainly famous for Tolkki's guitar wizardry.

Derrick Rose

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
I disapprove of the lack of punctuation. Rolling Eyes

Where on the planet are the grammar police? Has it become a lost species??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum