Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

(Drum roll) and the new drummer is...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: (Drum roll) and the new drummer is... Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Rolf Pilve

source: http://www.iltasanomat.fi/musiikki/art- 1288478465244.html

Good luck to him and welcome to the band!

foerg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

can´t hardly read that, but:

WELCOME!

Beerchug Beerchug Beerchug Beerchug

highly official:
http://www.stratovarius.com

VictorTDD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

http://www.rolfpilve.com/

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Good choice. This guy can really play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=g_WSmESkMk0

Skyggeboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Good choice. Welcome Rolf! Beerchug

fernandotcl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'm curious to see how that's gonna play out, he seems to use a much smaller drum kit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=cizrjWC8YLk

Empathica1928

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Finally! And he's so young! Can't wait to hear what he brings to the band. I've never heard of him before, but I have no doubt that if he was chosen for Stratovarius he's a phenomenal musician.

Welcome, Rolf!!

JensJohansson
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yes he is!

:)

Really good guy and great player.

We had so many brilliant people to choose from so it got quite difficult in the end!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
NeonVomit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Great news! Can't wait to see the new lineup!

finnlandia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Welcome to the band Rolf!! Smile

Verdades Parias

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

impressive curriculum to his age....Check http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=2EH1oyQSeNM

I want to see him playing strato songs!!!...ELYSIUM please!!

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Great news! Welcome to the band, Rolf!!!! Beerchug Ylsuper

mocobhc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Finally! Welcome in the best band on earth, man, have fun and enjoy it - we will for sure Smile I really like what I saw in youtube till now, totally looking forward to see the new lineup live on stage in August! Aaaah, next weeks will be full of win, new DVD and lots of Rolf-vids to check Smile

Edit: Forgot to add some very nice new pics with the guys around, for example http://www.iltalehti.fi/popstars/ 2012062015737135_ps.shtml Guess after that last pic and getting in close touch with our beloved Jens, Rolf knew what to expect and what he is about to do Laughing

Mormegil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Welcome Rolf! Beerchug

a_Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Nice choice, this was nice video where i remember the name Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=C3wSXlxNsdc

mocobhc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hey, wait - first gig: Tavastia, 11.07. !?!?! Me wants!!!

NeverendingAbyss

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Can't wait to hear him in the next album. Cool

Patricia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Welcome to Rolf in the Strato adventure!

Shogakat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Fantastic!! new young unknown talented musician to complete this line-up. Matias was, as Rolf, one of those talented finns who have that new vision of music. Matias was, with no doubt, the best decision of Stratovarius since 1996. I hope this will be one of those good decisions!!

Rolf "Rolle" Pilve welcome board!

PD: Now, there is no way to evit playing "Event Horizon" or "Elysium" live! I predict that the new Strato album will be the best eveeeeer Smile

Texidor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Congrats to Rolf...... I am so happy for you and your new journey with my favorite band in the world....When I saw the pic, I was a bit narrow minded I must admit. I am huge Jorg fan and part of his allure was his drum kits. The double bass kits were such a visual for Stratovarius. But nothing is constant but change. I seen the vids and you are very talented. Maybe you'll have a cool kit as well with Strato to supplement your extraordinary playing. Best of luck to Rolf an S T R A T * V A R I U S.

brought2ubyletterC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Welcome to our crazy Stratofamily, Rolf!

Congrats to the Stratoguys on finding their new drummer! Beerchug Can't wait to hear the new music you guys make together!

Hi there Cliff; long time, no see!

hiro23

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

This is awesome news, Welcome to the band Rolf and I'm sure I'll be hearing good things from you in the future. Very Happy

bockrocker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

He better start growing that hair out, he's got big hat to fill!

Betlodocus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The line-up is complete! CHEERS!!!!!!!! Smile

Black_Kitty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Welcome Rolf!!! Very Happy

foerg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

c´mon, rock´n´rolf, sign up in the forum!

Smile Smile Smile

mayhem-for-all

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

This is a very pleasant surprise. I know him from Status Minor who just released their second album. His playing on their records is really good + This guy has a background of playing Progressive Metal and that is a HUGE plus for the future of Stratovarius.

I would also like to advise people to buy the Status Minor albums Dialog and Ouroboros to get familiar with this guys drumming. The best songs don't seem to be available online in youtube or their own player so just buy the albums. They are damn good.

From the Biography on his page:
Quote:
Rolf Pilve is a Finnish drummer currently living in Helsinki, known for his musical playing and versatility as a drummer with bands like Miseration, Solution.45 and Beyond the Dream. He has played in 16 different countries and over 500 shows and played on over thirty albums, demos and singles.

His musical journey began at the age of seven and his first professional break was in 2005 with Dreamtale and Sightless. He recorded an album for both bands and started to emerge on a club scene in Tampere, doing everything from wedding and cover gigs to jazz gigs.

In 2006 only 18-year old Rolf joined Essence of Sorrow featuring names like Mikko Härkin (Sonata Arctica), Mats Léven (Yngwie Malmsteen) and Jani Stefanovic, who would also be a long-time collaborator with Rolf. They played few shows and recorded the album "Reflections of the Obscure". This was also his first international break as he got to play a tour in Europe with Essence of Sorrow. Same time his interests in other musical styles like funk and jazz got him into different musical challenges from metal world and he started to work more as a freelancer.

His collaboration with Jani Stefanovic in 2007 led him to Miseration and Solution.45, featuring respected singer Christian Älvestam(ex-Scar Symmetry). Both bands have got amazing reviews in media. Same time Rolf joined Status Minor, one of the leading progressive metal bands in Finland.

In 2009 he met another important collaborator, producer Teemu Liekkala, who is a major player in Jyväskylä. At the moment they are playing together in Beyond The Dream and Code For Silence.

At the moment Rolf is living in Helsinki, where he studies music in Pop & Jazz Conservatory while gigging and recording all over the Finland. He also teaches privately at Helsinki, Tampere & Jyväskylä. His main project at the moment is Random Eyes, featuring singer Christian Palin (Adagio, X-factor) and producer Tero Kinnunen (Nightwish).

Rolf has played and worked with: Solution.45, Miseration, Timo Tolkki, Code For Silence, Status Minor, Beyond The Dream, Dreamtale, Sightless, Pulse - Tribute to Pink Floyd, Rock-It-Launcher, Crystalic, Section 8, Heikki Malmberg, Sweet Jeena & Her Sweet Hearts, Nousu, Kalevi Louhivuori, The Magnificent et

brought2ubyletterC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
c´mon, rock´n´rolf, sign up in the forum!

Prepare to get sick of me when you guys come back to L.A.! Laughing

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Tolkki told at his fb -profile that Rolf played also at the Symfonia's first demo.

Funny and interesting coincidence..

brought2ubyletterC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yeah, I noticed the Tolkki mention a few posts back when his bio was posted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum