Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

(Drum roll) and the new drummer is...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samovarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

BTW Stratovarius is not the only finnish metal band with new drummer, Nightwish has new lineup, formula 1 driver Heikki Kovalainen on drums, Tuomas as bassist..

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=Cz3R5wdDs8U&feature=youtube_gdata_play er

Mormegil

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Peace Warrior wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
Sorry but I think that's a bit naive to believe. Why do so many bands suddenly decide they want to sound more heavy exactly when their lead singers start struggling with high notes?
I'm not judging Kotipelto, it's not a bad thing. Singers get old and hitting those high notes gets harder and there's nothing wrong with acknowledging that and compensating by playing the older songs in lower key.

Then why would growl bands also have tuned down guitars??

no need to explode your brain , since you wont find good answer Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

This dicussion wasn't about tuning, it was about changing the tuning. Goddamit, am I stupid or is everyone else stupid? Don't answer that...

AAAAAAAAAA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

hiro23 wrote:
is there a point to it other then pointing out something that's ultimately redundant?

I agree. Is there a point other than to be redundant?? Ubblooney

Ilsekena

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Mormegil wrote:
Goddamit, am I stupid or is everyone else stupid? Don't answer that...
Shocked You misunderestimated me!!!

joteke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Great news! I'll be on the Tavastia gig.

Peace Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Mormegil wrote:
This dicussion wasn't about tuning, it was about changing the tuning. Goddamit, am I stupid or is everyone else stupid?

Growl bands, and other bands too change tuning from E (normal tuning) sometimes as down as C#, to get heavier sound, its same for anyone, if you dont understand this than yes you are stupid Very Happy

or you are just playing stupid to be a troll Laughing

Betlodocus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Peace Warrior wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
This dicussion wasn't about tuning, it was about changing the tuning. Goddamit, am I stupid or is everyone else stupid?

Growl bands, and other bands too change tuning from E (normal tuning) sometimes as down as C#, to get heavier sound, its same for anyone, if you dont understand this than yes you are stupid Very Happy

or you are just playing stupid to be a troll Laughing

The lower key, the better. Laughing

Mormegil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Peace Warrior wrote:
Mormegil wrote:

Fair enough, I don't listen to a lot of growling metal bands so I don't know how common this practice is in that genre. I still have doubts about that power metal bands with tenor singers do it mainly for the same reasons.

brought2ubyletterC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Great news! I'll be on the Tavastia gig.

That's awesome news!!! Beerchug

Peace Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Mormegil wrote:
I still have doubts about that power metal bands with tenor singers do it mainly for the same reasons.

all the stratovarius albums were e flat, all the yngwie albums were e flat, all the bla bla bla blablaaa albums were e flat, hundreds ofd different bands, pleace axplain what did that have to do with tenor singers getting older??

you cant, cause the anser is that they just wanted heavier sound

Samovarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Totally agree, peace warrior. But the storm on the waterglass began, cause Elysium is dropped c# and they play live nowadays also in c#. I am sure that reason is heavier sound, not TK's voice. But this is thread about Rolf, so i must say that Rolf used before to play with bands whose plays very low tune. So, go on with c#!

scorpions
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Stratovarius New Drummer 2012 - Rolf Pilve
http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=MSbcVzDs97w&feature=player_embedded#!

HinatAArcticA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

Quote:
We are Stratovarius:
We are 20 years old, but we have a 30 years old's career: Like a boss.

PaulThureau hace 1 día

Mormegil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Peace Warrior wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
I still have doubts about that power metal bands with tenor singers do it mainly for the same reasons.

all the stratovarius albums were e flat, all the yngwie albums were e flat, all the bla bla bla blablaaa albums were e flat, hundreds ofd different bands, pleace axplain what did that have to do with tenor singers getting older??

you cant, cause the anser is that they just wanted heavier sound

Sorry, maybe it's because English isn't my first language or because I just swallowed my sleeping pills that make me (even) slow(er than usual), but what the fuck was that?

GAGAGO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Laughing Do not blame your Enlish. It is in your head something is wrong. Laughing Laughing E-flat and blablaflat? Bcyclop 1drop W00t W00t

Peace Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Mormegil wrote:

Sorry, maybe it's because English isn't my first language or because I just swallowed my sleeping pills that make me (even) slow(er than usual), but what the fuck was that?

nothing to do with englisch, its cause you're stupid Laughing

Mormegil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I have to say I had my doubts about the ignore-funciton at first, but now I just love it. I wish every web site I visit had it implemented. <3

Rebel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Mormegil wrote:
I have to say I had my doubts about the ignore-funciton at first, but now I just love it. I wish every web site I visit had it implemented. <3
I highly doubt that you "Had your doubts" about the ignore function, and find it much more likely that you "Had no good way to brag about using it". Rolling Eyes
Whatever, as long as people are happy.

Mormegil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I had my doubts that it would make the forum boring, because people would use it on everyone who annoyed them even a bit. Just imagine if NeonVomit and miditek were ignoring each other.

JensJohansson
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Mormegil wrote:
I had my doubts that it would make the forum boring, because people would use it on everyone who annoyed them even a bit. Just imagine if NeonVomit and miditek were ignoring each other.

Shocked

This is true!

Mental note to put on to-do list: "Enhance" the forum code so that it just crashes if NeonVomit tries to ignore miditek or vice versa.

On the other hand I get the feeling they quite enjoy bashing the fuck out of ea^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H ^H^H^H^H^H^Htheir mutual civilized exchange regarding political and life views. Laughing Everybody wins!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FindYourOwnVoice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Pilve is a true modern metal drummer with amazing versatility! (is this how that word bends?) Smile

HoldenCaulfield

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Dear Rolf, I hope you ROFL a lot with your amazing new friends.

tpocain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

JensJohansson wrote:
Mormegil wrote:

Shocked

This is true!

Mental note to put on to-do list: "Enhance" the forum code so that it just crashes if NeonVomit tries to ignore miditek or vice versa.

On the other hand I get the feeling they quite enjoy bashing the fuck out of ea^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H ^H^H^H^H^H^Htheir mutual civilized exchange regarding political and life views. Laughing Everybody wins!

Yes, gotta do some tweaking to make the bashing and ignoring more fun! I also wish that when you do this, <3, that it turned into a heart, like on Farcebook--uh, I mean FACEbook... Laughing

hiro23

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Chances are that just by being yourself there is someone out there who doesn't like that.

AAAAAAAAAA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

hiro23 wrote:
Chances are that just by being yourself there is someone out there who doesn't like that.

I guess some people just have bad personalities. Ubblooney

hiro23

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

All I can say from my personal experience is that I've always tried my best to do what I thought was right and while I've made friends because of that, there are also people who have just plain disliked me for it.

Jossu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Pirkanmaan Sanomat: http://pirkanmaansanomat.fi/2012/07/11/ stratovarius-rumpali-rolf-pilve/

Sorry guys, only in Finnish !

hiro23

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I believe you can run that through the bing translator.

Malteada

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: vergas Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Kotipelto play the drums!
just watch the first 5 seconds of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=tZOCdrwGch4

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TwilightEagle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Great choice! Really, he is a natural talent Smile. Cannot wait to hear the final recorded stuff with Strato.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum