Nemesis reviews

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Rebel
Nemesis reviews

Post by Rebel » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:42 pm

My review over at BWM got posted just moments ago, and so I figured I'd start a thread for reviews of Nemesis.

My review can be found here:
http://blackwindmetal.com/stratovarius-nemesis/

as well as the review from Age of Metal here:
http://theageofmetal.com/2013/01/strato ... esis-2013/
They let us have signatures on this forum???

Shogakat

Re: Nemesis reviews

Post by Shogakat » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:02 pm

I have read the review and well, I can not say that I agree with you on the majority of the text because I have not still listened to the album, but there's a noticable thing to point out,
and in a certain point it seems that you have scratched the surface of the whole thing: Stratovarius is perhaps the only european metal band that from a high peak fell and afterwards
returned to the high peak of his latest famous era. And that's not easy, because Stratovarius carried all those years a big amount of shit,
lost a great part of his fans and audience and lost his mastermind. But they found a formula, that starts with mixing experience and knowledge about the musical scene,
about music and about the philosophy of how to manage a band (Johansson + Kotipelto) with the tons of new ideas, new tendences, freshness, recurrent vanguard music
and versatility (Mr.Porra and Matias) and finishes with good mood and willing to cohere all those habilities in a one. And then the rest is hard work and professionality.

Some of the metal experienced fans could say: another peak of their career? No, the last era is unique and it's not possible to have another one in the same level.
Well, if all those expectations came true for sure this is another peak of his career, different, but a peak. The fact that Stratovarius has returned powerful in the metal scene,
but still people are reclutant to the band lies in the past of the band. When we talk about the past in Episode and Visions there's nothing negative because the band was still very underground
and nothing really awful happened before... Retaining the name has given the oportunity to have a good record deal, but in the other hand has given the skepticism of a lot of fans, so in the end well done Stratomembers! :D :D

PD: Your review is super-hiper excellent, first of all because of how deep you've gone through the album, and finally because of the willing to explain all the context. Excellent. I just wanted to point out that thing that in my opinion is important!

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:15 pm

So... Jani is actually like a Stratovarius phantom member (At least on this album). Helping with composition on two songs, that's as close as he can be from that.

Unless we want to have two guitars on Stratovarius [???]

Nah, I don't think that's something Jani would have time for.

LET ME DREAM GOT DAMN IT :x
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:17 pm

Shogakat, rhapsody of fire has done the same thing.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:26 pm

Relax....take a deep breath, Shogakat. Same as Texidor. Christ on a bike. You guys are going to have a massive heart attack before this album even comes out if you don't stop jizzing so hard and fast.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:23 pm

Thanks for the review, Rebel.

THIS WAITING IS TERRIBLE.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm

Do you think Jani is going to be a touring guitarist with them this year? Or join the band? NOW my jimmies are rustled. :shock: :shock:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:53 pm

robocop656 wrote:Do you think Jani is going to be a touring guitarist with them this year? Or join the band? NOW my jimmies are rustled. :shock: :shock:
Its entirely possible with the complexity of the compositions that they might want to have both a rhythm and lead guitarist on tour

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:59 am

robocop656 wrote:Relax....take a deep breath, Shogakat. Same as Texidor. Christ on a bike. You guys are going to have a massive heart attack before this album even comes out if you don't stop jizzing so hard and fast.

Hey I'm not ashamed robocop.... I am absolutely excited and I own every ounce of it! But hey, I am not mad at ya for sharing : )
SHINE ON!

Shogakat

Post by Shogakat » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:22 am

Rebel wrote: Shogakat, rhapsody of fire has done the same thing.
Tried to work in a similar line, but in the end the whole thing parted in two ways. I see more future in Luca Turilli's Rhapsody, with Conti who is such a great singer. But anyway, this is not the topic hehe! IMO Rhapsody has not find yet the right way (though we have two great bands to follow after the split) and never had such a bad reputation as Stratovarius had in some places.

In the end, as Porra said in a interview it seems that melodic metal/rock and old styles are returning another time and this is a factor tha has a direct influence in a band like Stratovarius.

PD: Congratulations, Stratovarius (Facebook) posted your review! I guess if they were waiting for it too! :lol:

robocop656 wrote: Relax....take a deep breath, Shogakat. Same as Texidor. Christ on a bike. You guys are going to have a massive heart attack before this album even comes out if you don't stop jizzing so hard and fast.
Yes, perhaps too much enthusiasm, but in the end some of the things that I've said are true, everyone can view it on his perspective, but in essence is true. I haven't opined about the album and I will not say anything until I listen to it, I am subjective, but trying to have an inner objectivity! Can you understand it? Me neither!

PD: If I found any review I'll post it, but I think that we won't see too much reviews until the album is out.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:24 am

Shogakat wrote:
Tried to work in a similar line, but in the end the whole thing parted in two ways. I see more future in Luca Turilli's Rhapsody, with Conti who is such a great singer. But anyway, this is not the topic hehe! IMO Rhapsody has not find yet the right way (though we have two great bands to follow after the split) and never had such a bad reputation as Stratovarius had in some places.

In the end, as Porra said in a interview it seems that melodic metal/rock and old styles are returning another time and this is a factor tha has a direct influence in a band like Stratovarius.

PD: Congratulations, Stratovarius (Facebook) posted your review! I guess if they were waiting for it too! :lol: Relax....take a deep breath, Shogakat. Same as Texidor. Christ on a bike. You guys are going to have a massive heart attack before this album even comes out if you don't stop jizzing so hard and fast.

robocop656 wrote: Relax....take a deep breath, Shogakat. Same as Texidor. Christ on a bike. You guys are going to have a massive heart attack before this album even comes out if you don't stop jizzing so hard and fast.
Yes, perhaps too much enthusiasm, but in the end some of the things that I've said are true, everyone can view it on his perspective, but in essence is true. I haven't opined about the album and I will not say anything until I listen to it, I am subjective, but trying to have an inner objectivity! Can you understand it? Me neither!

PD: If I found any review I'll post it, but I think that we won't see too much reviews until the album is out.
The band posting my review was huge. in like 20 minutes we got about 3x as many views as we had ever gotten in a day (Previous record was 685 in a day too, that's nothing to sneeze at)

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:26 am

Shogakat wrote:
I'm saying they released that awful Triumph or Agony album, then came back with 2 of their strongest albums ever

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:53 am

Texidor wrote:Hey I'm not ashamed robocop.... I am absolutely excited and I own every ounce of it! But hey, I am not mad at ya for sharing : )
You ain't mad? How can I make you mad?!?! :x :pissed2: :pissed: :pissed4: :pissed5:

Shogakat wrote:Yes, perhaps too much enthusiasm, but in the end some of the things that I've said are true, everyone can view it on his perspective, but in essence is true. I haven't opined about the album and I will not say anything until I listen to it, I am subjective, but trying to have an inner objectivity! Can you understand it? Me neither!

My perspective is an inner objective? You are a modern day philosopher. Show me your ways, Sir. (Mam?)

Rebel wrote:The band posting my review was huge. in like 20 minutes we got about 3x as many views as we had ever gotten in a day (Previous record was 685 in a day too, that's nothing to sneeze at)

Congrats on that. I bet 685 of them were from Tolkki.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:45 am

Jani pls join. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

By the way, hi Mark!

PS: Guess who likes you.

The unknown one

Post by The unknown one » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:07 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:Jani pls join. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

By the way, hi Mark!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
HI MARK!!! :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :ola:

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:46 am

Watch out!! Here come the internet detectives.

ImageImageImageImage

P.S.
Did you see the comment of the guy who only likes Fright Night and Elements part 2? OH, one more thing. I don't think Rebel mentioned anything about the art work everybody was complaining about, did he? :lol:

HoldenCaulfield

Post by HoldenCaulfield » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:51 pm

Dear Robocop,

Please, upload Icecab's review when possible.

Many thanks.

-HC

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:24 pm

Icecar gives it a two thumbs up. "A riveting tale of adultery and divorce."

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:18 pm

i just checked out the review and certainly my expectations are high, Rebel (a.k.a. mark) :lol: is making some bold statements in there (like this being the best strato - record in 15 years) so, i will wait to hear the full album and see if i agree or not
A9

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:07 pm

The unknown one wrote:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:Jani pls join. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

By the way, hi Mark!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
HI MARK!!! :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :ola:
Hi stratoforum.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:25 am

I also found Miditek's facebook. Boy, he really likes networks. And George Bush. I will probably sign him up for some vegan magazines. :)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:26 pm

http://www.bravewords.com/news/197077
this has Halcyon Days.

cool song for me, love what they are doing with keyboards. has a mix of electronic and metal that i like

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:52 pm

Has a topic already. :wink:

curlycare

Post by curlycare » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:51 pm

Just heard 2 new clips "Unbreakable" and "Halcyon Days" from my ex-bandmates. I am actually floored. These are really cool songs. The production is fresh and modern. Way to go!
This is apparently what one ex-guitarist said somewhere. :wink:

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:56 pm

curlycare wrote:
Just heard 2 new clips "Unbreakable" and "Halcyon Days" from my ex-bandmates. I am actually floored. These are really cool songs. The production is fresh and modern. Way to go!
This is apparently what one ex-guitarist said somewhere. :wink:

Yes he did.....Where he has been somewhat critical of the last couple of releases- he actually seems to like these clips. Even though some people have been put off by the clips...the reception has been quite good! :)
SHINE ON!

Febo

Post by Febo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:36 pm

FindYourOwnVoice

Post by FindYourOwnVoice » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:27 pm

Looks like this one is indestructible... Will this be even so good, that we'll feel to have reached the 'new age' of this planet also musically? Stratovarius sure has made me buying some CD's again.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:40 am

Wow, just wow. I want the album NOW!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:26 am

rikkertje wrote:
Wow, just wow. I want the album NOW!
Hirsute Halcyons! What a review! This album is glowing like an order of chili cheese fries from a Fukushimi Carl's Jr!! :shock:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:22 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:This album is glowing like an order of chili cheese fries from a Fukushimi Carl's Jr!! :shock:
I don't know how to picture that, but it sure sounds tasty.