Tour the USA

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
starguitar05
Tour the USA

Post by starguitar05 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:53 am

Wish they can do a US tour, Everyone tours South America then back to the eastern hemisphere. Last time I saw them was in 2005 and it was probably their first time touring America.

Rebel

Re: Tour the USA

Post by Rebel » Thu May 02, 2013 10:13 am

starguitar05 wrote:Wish they can do a US tour, Everyone tours South America then back to the eastern hemisphere. Last time I saw them was in 2005 and it was probably their first time touring America.
The way our laws work, as I understand it, they're basically treated like migrant workers, and they need visas, and are extremely unlikely to make any money doing it.
They let us have signatures on this forum???

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Thu May 02, 2013 11:59 pm

They went to the US for the Polaris tour.

Maybe if the next album is even more successful and nobody leaves, they'll come to the US for it. The Polaris one seemed to work out great for them.

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Tue May 07, 2013 7:55 am

Yes, they toured here in '05, '06, and '09. I wish they'd come back here again too, but Jens has explained this a couple of times here on the forum a few times: it ultimately costs them more money than they would earn to tour here. Because our country has sh*tty musical taste (for the most part), they don't have the level of popularity here like they do in Europe, Japan, or South America. Couple that with the crappy economy, and...well, it seems like we'll be waiting a long time before Strato comes back this way. :cry:

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Tue May 07, 2013 10:41 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote:, but Jens has explained this a couple of times here on the forum a few times: it ultimately costs them more money than they would earn to tour here. Because our country has sh*tty musical taste (for the most part), they don't have the level of popularity here like they do in Europe, Japan, or South America. Couple that with the crappy economy, and...well, it seems like we'll be waiting a long time before Strato comes back this way. :cry:
About the musical taste, that's not true at all! But a lot changed after 9/11 and that's nobody's fault either. Well maybe bin Laden's. US visas are a lot more expensive and difficult to get, and you get them for shorter time spans. The IRS wants to withhold more tax and make it more complicated (or impossible) to get refunds. Fuel prices are higher. And i guess also since 2008 the general economy is a bit down, but that goes for the whole world. You should experience the mood in Spain for instance.. and we still have not given up on Spain. Things will get better!

Black_Kitty

Post by Black_Kitty » Thu May 09, 2013 11:41 pm

So...a tour in Canada then? :D

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Sat May 11, 2013 11:34 pm

yes please. We'll give you poutine ;)

Black_Kitty

Post by Black_Kitty » Sun May 12, 2013 4:36 am

doc_holliday wrote:yes please. We'll give you poutine ;)
haha we'll pay them some Banquise ;)

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Mon May 13, 2013 12:34 am

I still haven't been there. is it really good?

Black_Kitty

Post by Black_Kitty » Mon May 13, 2013 1:28 am

Yeah it's good if you like poutine...but I prefer Poutineville. La Banquise is always too crowded, full of tourists and sometimes poutines are kinda cold...

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Mon May 13, 2013 5:56 pm

I don't like my poutine to be too hot. I like to be able to eat it without blowing on it. And if the cheese melts, it's a fail for me

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Mon May 27, 2013 7:13 am

It must be slightly true, Jens, or American Idol wouldn't exist. :lol:

And to clarify, I mean no insult by saying that Strato is not as popular here as they are in other countries. Because if you *were* as huge here, you'd be playing the big arenas, and...well, I rather like seeing you guys at the smaller venues. I like smaller places for the most part anyway, but especially for a band like yours, who makes such a connection with your audience during the live shows. You can really feel that in the smaller venues. Not that I wouldn't like to see the whole large stage set-up, but I like the smaller places just fine. :D

But yes, the economy is crap everywhere, but I also know how expensive it is for you guys to come here, so I certainly don't hold it against you that you haven't.

I wish I could find the old post you made at the old forum explaining the math/economics regarding the expenses and everything that goes into traveling, equipment costs, etc., when it comes to touring here. You explained it so well, and I can't remember the lot of it.

Tvos

Post by Tvos » Mon May 27, 2013 10:18 am

At least you have seen them, to the best of my knowledge, they haven't toured Australia yet. Much as I would love to see Strato live, I have resigned myself to the belief that it will remain a pipe dream. It is a very long, (and expensive) exercise to travel to the other side of the world, for what would be a limited, (but devoted) fanbase.

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:17 am

A US tour would be amazing, I'd definitely go!! But yea, music tastes are more or less going down the drain and out the window... Well, I'll still wish for it to happen, you never really know.
-Southern_Cross