Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Hunting High and Low Cover
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Musician talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Hunting High and Low Cover Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

So I've only done maybe 2 or 3 Stratovarius covers before but that was before I ran into this forum so I thought I'd share this one with you guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=YBMRoeYp2SA

Yes, I know the instrumentals sound nowhere near as good as Stratovarius but 1) This is one someone else made and 2) I suck at making instrumentals so I couldn't make one or edit the one that I used.

Please tell me what you think and how I can improve on the next one. Smile

Mr cool Edit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Hunting High and Low Cover Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

YOU SING IN ENGLISH BETTER THAT MEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Southern_Cross wrote:
So I've only done maybe 2 or 3 Stratovarius covers before but that was before I ran into this forum so I thought I'd share this one with you guys:

Yes, I know the instrumentals sound nowhere near as good as Stratovarius but 1) This is one someone else made and 2) I suck at making instrumentals so I couldn't make one or edit the one that I used.

doc_holliday

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I like!

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Wow, thank you so much. Smile Anything I should improve on do you think?

Mr cool Edit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

the first step is stop to see the stratovarius song like something imposible.....

second step is try to no be so shy singing.....

and after i dunno.... im learning to sing too Laughing

Southern_Cross wrote:

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

If it were impossible, Stratovarius wouldn't have been able to do it in the first place and I wouldn't have bothered.

Yea, I need to work on that shyness thing...

Mr cool Edit wrote:
the first step is stop to see the stratovarius song like something imposible.....

second step is try to no be so shy singing.....

and after i dunno.... im learning to sing too Laughing

Southern_Cross wrote:

adrian9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think you have a nice youthful voice, youth is in fashion right now, so thats good.
I agree, it seemed like you were a little shy when singing, the first part of the song fits, but when it comes to the chorus it lacks power and intention.
you can work on that.
open your mouth wider and step back a little for the mic, it will make you voice more powerful, think of it as you are exaggerating whatever you are saying and spilt the song in moods, like the intro calm part and the powerful chorus, as you keep that in mind you will
perform better for any particular song.
there are vocalization exercises on youtube that will surely help you

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yea it's always the shyness that gets me... and thanks a lot! This really helps.

adrian9 wrote:
I think you have a nice youthful voice, youth is in fashion right now, so thats good.
I agree, it seemed like you were a little shy when singing, the first part of the song fits, but when it comes to the chorus it lacks power and intention.
you can work on that.
open your mouth wider and step back a little for the mic, it will make you voice more powerful, think of it as you are exaggerating whatever you are saying and spilt the song in moods, like the intro calm part and the powerful chorus, as you keep that in mind you will
perform better for any particular song.
there are vocalization exercises on youtube that will surely help you

7thSon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting High and Low Cover Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Southern_Cross wrote:

I enjoyed listening to your cover. You have a pretty voice. I would also recommend that you "sing out" more and let people hear more of your full voice.

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Hunting High and Low Cover Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Thank you! Yes I know that I have to work on projecting my voice. I'm working on tha currently, I hope to improve on it soon. Smile

7thSon wrote:
Southern_Cross wrote:

I enjoyed listening to your cover. You have a pretty voice. I would also recommend that you "sing out" more and let people hear more of your full voice.

Arnold Layne
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Hunting High and Low Cover Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Southern_Cross wrote:

Wow, Flavio! Your voice has gotten much better. You have improved substantially....

Arnold "Fatty Terrorist" Layne

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Hunting High and Low Cover Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Arnold, permit me to smack you in the face Smile lol Very Happy

Arnold Layne wrote:
Southern_Cross wrote:

Wow, Flavio! Your voice has gotten much better. You have improved substantially....

Arnold "Fatty Terrorist" Layne

Arnold Layne
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Lay your hand on me, woman, and I will bring your swift and painful demise to fruition. I am trained in Kung-Fu.

Arnold Layne

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

And so am I (I'm Asian, remember)

Don't worry, I was joking, I won't smack you but...I may end up laying my hands on you one way or another. Wink

Arnold Layne wrote:
Lay your hand on me, woman, and I will bring your swift and painful demise to fruition. I am trained in Kung-Fu.

Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Do you mean sexual intercourse? If so, I must decline. I, Arnold, prefer Argentineans.

Arnold "Arnie" Layne

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Oh no, not intercourse. Contrary to the ordinary human being, I am actually extremely terrified of intercourse.

Haha, so I've gathered! Well good luck with that. Flavio and Goal apparently still have a little thing going.

Arnold Layne wrote:
Do you mean sexual intercourse? If so, I must decline. I, Arnold, prefer Argentineans.

Arnold "Arnie" Layne

Mr cool Edit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Southern_Cross wrote:
Oh no, not intercourse. Contrary to the ordinary human being, I am actually extremely terrified of intercourse.

Haha, so I've gathered! Well good luck with that. Flavio and Goal apparently still have a little thing going.

Arnold Layne wrote:

Arnold "Arnie" Layne

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Flavio, I can't tell whether you're shocked because I've bluntly announced that your love for Goal still lives or because Arnold technically admitted he'd like the have intercourse with you. (probably the latter)

Mr cool Edit wrote:
Southern_Cross wrote:

Arnold Layne wrote:

Arnold "Arnie" Layne

Goal Stockhausen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

[quote="Southern_Cross"]And so am I (I'm Asian, remember)

Don't worry, I was joking, I won't smack you but...I may end up laying my hands on you one way or another. Wink

This is a riddle for me,Southern! Rolling Eyes Why would you, and a whole bunch of other girls, "lay hands" on my fat and faggy brother? Confused

Is it a "Seattlething", or something going on all over the world? A new trend? Laying hands on fat fags that hate to be "girlhandled"? Confused Confused

Arnold Layne
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Goal Stockhausen wrote:

This is a riddle for me,Southern! Rolling Eyes Why would you, and a whole bunch of other girls, "lay hands" on my fat and faggy brother? Confused

Is it a "Seattlething", or something going on all over the world? A new trend? Laying hands on fat fags that hate to be "girlhandled"? Confused Confused

Oh my stupid sister Goal. There are many things you don't understand, because you spent those precious years in my stomach, rather than flourishing in the real world as I did- absorbing knowledge and wisdom like a sponge.

One day you will understand my special gift of attraction, which brings men and women alike to their knees. One day, when you are older. Rolling Eyes

Arnold "Plus-Sized Diva" Layne

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Oh no, I can't stand fat men for the life of me. It's just the pure joy of creeping out someone who doesn't wish to be "girlhandled" as you put it.

[quote="Goal Stockhausen"]
Southern_Cross wrote:
And so am I (I'm Asian, remember)

Goal Stockhausen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Arnold Layne wrote:
Goal Stockhausen wrote:

Oh my stupid sister Goal. There are many things you don't understand, because you spent those precious years in my stomach, rather than flourishing in the real world as I did- absorbing knowledge and wisdom like a sponge.

One day you will understand my special gift of attraction, which brings men and women alike to their knees. One day, when you are older. Rolling Eyes

Arnold "Plus-Sized Diva" Layne

Aber doch Arnold! We are one-egg-twins and have one share each, of the same brain-substance. But I am not sure, that you have treated your part so well, with the huge protein-steak-rawliver-strain and your exceptional and remarkable sexlife.

You have overloaded your lobs,Arnold, while mine on the other hand, have been philosophically contemplating and resting, there in your stomachfluids, awaiting my first, big step out in the fresh air. Unspotted and alert.

But, you Arnold, are like a Dorian Gray-portrait, and before you have said PFFF-t, all your excessive steaks and f...s will sadly be revealed... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Goal Stockhausen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

[quote="Southern_Cross"]Oh no, I can't stand fat men for the life of me. It's just the pure joy of creeping out someone who doesn't wish to be "girlhandled" as you put it.

Is that so Southern? I must try it a.s.a.p. Can I start with my brother, Arnold, or would that be some sort of incest. I am sure he will be madmadelimad, but that is maybe the fun and joy in it... Embarassed Embarassed

Mr cool Edit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Southern_Cross wrote:
Oh no, I can't stand fat men for the life of me. It's just the pure joy of creeping out someone who doesn't wish to be "girlhandled" as you put it.

Is that so Southern? I must try it a.s.a.p. Can I start with my brother, Arnold, or would that be some sort of incest. I am sure he will be madmadelimad, but that is maybe the fun and joy in it... Embarassed Embarassed

arnold have 13 yo? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

That is so, in my opinion. Of course, it's your choice.

Southern_Cross wrote:

Goal Stockhausen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Jaja! I tried your Seattlething and it was great fun. Now I will use it on some hot Edit... 1luvu 1luvu

Mr cool Edit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Goal Stockhausen wrote:
Laughing Laughing Jaja! I tried your Seattlething and it was great fun. Now I will use it on some hot Edit... 1luvu 1luvu

Goal Stockhausen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Laughing Just me flying by on my way to hot Edit...

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Come on Flavio, you know you want it bad from Goal Wink

bockrocker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I agree with most of the others, you need power and volume! You got sounding good at a whisper down pat Smile Your Les Mis thing had some better volume. And some of your songs seem like they need more dynamic range/note range.

I saw on your profile at some other site (the one linked at YT) you are only 15, keep at it! And if singing, professionally, is really your goal in life, get a vocal coach or whatever now (if you don't already). It's a lot harder to spend the time and money on those sorts of lessons once you leave school. Learning guitar might be good too, as it will make you more musically self sufficient (instead of relying on pieced together backing tracks), and also allow you to explore your skills at music arrangement.

My 2c.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Musician talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum