Hunting High and Low Cover

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.
Southern_Cross
Re: Hunting High and Low Cover

Post by Southern_Cross » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:01 am

Yea, that's probably the comment I get most is that my voice is on the softer side. Which is kind of funny, I talk way too loudly in real life :P I did spend more time on the Les Mis one because it was for my friend who adores Les Mis :)

I would get a vocal coach but my parents want me to be an architect or a doctor or something besides music, which is sad, considering I've spent the last 12 years playing violin and the last couple years singing on top of that.

I have started playing a little acoustic guitar on the side but it's not as high of a priority right now for me because I play in the school orchestra and a youth orchestra and I have pretty much no time for guitar lately. :( But I'm working on it. Thanks so much for the advice :)
bockrocker wrote:I agree with most of the others, you need power and volume! You got sounding good at a whisper down pat :) Your Les Mis thing had some better volume. And some of your songs seem like they need more dynamic range/note range.

I saw on your profile at some other site (the one linked at YT) you are only 15, keep at it! And if singing, professionally, is really your goal in life, get a vocal coach or whatever now (if you don't already). It's a lot harder to spend the time and money on those sorts of lessons once you leave school. Learning guitar might be good too, as it will make you more musically self sufficient (instead of relying on pieced together backing tracks), and also allow you to explore your skills at music arrangement.

My 2c.

bockrocker

Post by bockrocker » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:34 pm

Sound like smart parents :lol: Making it in music isn't easy, just look at our buddy Cooledit here: IT professional by day, Stratoforum troll and cover version aficionado by night!

You can always break out the bargaining chips though. Tell them if you get lessons now you will major in something "respectable" and only get a minor in music etc. *shrug*
Good luck no matter what you do!

P.S. Orchestras are cool too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkUegBoJl5w

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:39 pm

bockrocker wrote:Sound like smart parents :lol: Making it in music isn't easy, just look at our buddy Cooledit here: IT professional by day, Stratoforum troll and cover version aficionado by night!

You can always break out the bargaining chips though. Tell them if you get lessons now you will major in something "respectable" and only get a minor in music etc. *shrug*
Good luck no matter what you do!

P.S. Orchestras are cool too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkUegBoJl5w
HOOOO??? I have a new fans of the "HIT IN THE MR COOL EDIT ASS FOR 1/2 EURO?"

I'm sadly famous, i see

bockrocker

Post by bockrocker » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:47 am

It's not a dig at you Cooledit, but it is reality.

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:01 am

its your true... not mine....

point 1 - Kid, one real troll dont show you his face and dont put his name in all parts with his personal mails

Point 2 - One aficioned dont put his money in production softs, and one sound enginieer career, or go to the conservatory to study music and classical vocals.

Point 3 - my home studio CD tribute to Stratovarius got a lot likes!!, One aficiones guy dont profuce one cd, Yes I'm not famous and i dont win money with this, for now..... But im not a kid that record for fun, Im looking for some stuff with this.....

Point 3 - THE NEXT TIME THAT COPME TO KILL MY TESTICLES, I PROMESS THAT I WILL DESTROY TO STRATOVARIUS TORGETHER TO MY ABANDONED PAPA TIMO TOLKKI!!!!

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/JQoPhJ-YXOU?hl=es_ES& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/JQoPhJ-YXOU?hl=es_ES& ... &amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
this is me, STRATO NIGGA! mee t me ....

UUFFFFFFF!!!! troll my....

:lol:

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:40 am

Umm... ok...

Anyways, that's what I intend todo. I intend to major in computer graphics and minor in music.

P.S. I know, orchestras are awesome! I play violin, it's a lot of fun