Destiny Cover

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.
Southern_Cross
Destiny Cover

Post by Southern_Cross » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:13 pm

Please let me know what you think and how I can improve!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se2AuoLMIJE

Note: I know the instrumental is a little bumpy at times and the volume will change suddenly like during the solos. That's because the person who made the instrumental used some parts from the original song. Also, I realize a chunk of the song is missing (which is why it's only a little over 9 minutes long rather than 10 minutes) I'm not sure whether the person making the instrumental forgot or whatever but I'm aware that part is missing.

Mr cool Edit

Re: Destiny Cover

Post by Mr cool Edit » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:53 am

with the time i hope do "destiny" too
Southern_Cross wrote:Please let me know what you think and how I can improve!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se2AuoLMIJE

Note: I know the instrumental is a little bumpy at times and the volume will change suddenly like during the solos. That's because the person who made the instrumental used some parts from the original song. Also, I realize a chunk of the song is missing (which is why it's only a little over 9 minutes long rather than 10 minutes) I'm not sure whether the person making the instrumental forgot or whatever but I'm aware that part is missing.

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:07 am

You should! It's a lot of fun!! I think the longer songs are fun to sing. Except Elysium. That one just tires me out.

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:33 am

I will love to do Elysium too.... i think that is a impressive song.....

but is a nightmare to do for only one persons......

only god can play all the instrument, sing all the voices, edit all, masterized all and that all Works good......

i can try only if i got all correct notes and if i dont need kill my brain with instruments....

and with this too, i have a 85% to fail.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Southern_Cross wrote:You should! It's a lot of fun!! I think the longer songs are fun to sing. Except Elysium. That one just tires me out.

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:23 am

It is very impressive. But unlike you, I'm not good at making my own instrumentals (they fail 110% of the time) and my voice tires out before the song is finished but I don't practice often...

It's sort of inhuman to replicate in a way.
Mr cool Edit wrote:I will love to do Elysium too.... i think that is a impressive song.....

but is a nightmare to do for only one persons......

only god can play all the instrument, sing all the voices, edit all, masterized all and that all Works good......

i can try only if i got all correct notes and if i dont need kill my brain with instruments....

and with this too, i have a 85% to fail.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Southern_Cross wrote:You should! It's a lot of fun!! I think the longer songs are fun to sing. Except Elysium. That one just tires me out.

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:50 pm

it's good, but I think you should put more power in your voice for this song.

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:21 am

Haha yea it's always that. I really need to work on that...
doc_holliday wrote:it's good, but I think you should put more power in your voice for this song.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:33 am

voice needs a lot of work.
check out a few a few of these
http://kentamplinvocalacademy.com/
http://thevocaliststudio.com/

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:36 am

icecab21 wrote:voice needs a lot of work.
It's alive!!! :o
They let us have signatures on this forum???

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:53 am

Lol :D

Well thank you for the links. I have a very long way to go as a singer, I'm sure these will prove useful. The first one I have no intention paying someone I've never heard of to teach me to sing but the second one I know I can use, so thanks.
Rebel wrote:

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:18 pm

Well friend, you are lucky girl.... they dont attack you, insult you and tell you nothing harassed..... may why you are american, hahahahaha
Southern_Cross wrote:Lol :D

Well thank you for the links. I have a very long way to go as a singer, I'm sure these will prove useful. The first one I have no intention paying someone I've never heard of to teach me to sing but the second one I know I can use, so thanks.
Rebel wrote:

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Well nothing's perfect, I've had some friends of mine tell me my singing sucks, I hear it all the time from my sister as well but I don't give up. It doesn't matter what the others say.

FYI, I may live in America but I'm actually Chinese.
Mr cool Edit wrote:Well friend, you are lucky girl.... they dont attack you, insult you and tell you nothing harassed..... may why you are american, hahahahaha

Rebel wrote:

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:29 am

Southern_Cross wrote:Well nothing's perfect, I've had some friends of mine tell me my singing sucks, I hear it all the time from my sister as well but I don't give up. It doesn't matter what the others say.

Mr cool Edit wrote:Well friend, you are lucky girl.... they dont attack you, insult you and tell you nothing harassed..... may why you are american, hahahahaha

Rebel wrote:
it doesnt sucks, it just need some work, there will always be people who may not like what you do but its impossible to please everyone, so thats humbling thing to keep in mind.
some people have a thicker skin and appreciate the feedback , some people cant take the cristism and fail to progress , these people tend to think that they are at their peak .
music is like medicine or technology, you never learn everything and is in costant progress.
is a marathon
A9

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:16 am

Amen to that. I agree with you 100%, it's impossible to please everyone but as long as one tries their best, then that's all that matters. I mean, I do this sort of stuff for fun, nothing serious, but I always believe that I can improve no matter what/how I sing.
adrian9 wrote:
Southern_Cross wrote:Well nothing's perfect, I've had some friends of mine tell me my singing sucks, I hear it all the time from my sister as well but I don't give up. It doesn't matter what the others say.

Rebel wrote:
it doesnt sucks, it just need some work, there will always be people who may not like what you do but its impossible to please everyone, so thats humbling thing to keep in mind.
some people have a thicker skin and appreciate the feedback , some people cant take the cristism and fail to progress , these people tend to think that they are at their peak .
music is like medicine or technology, you never learn everything and is in costant progress.
is a marathon

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:59 am

Southern_Cross has been a nice person
Mr cool Edit has been a offensive obnoxious idiot

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:42 pm

Well thank you, I try to be as polite/nice as possible.

Well Mr Cool Edit can be a nice person too if you try to talk to him. He just gets angry easily, that's all. :P
icecab21 wrote:Southern_Cross has been a nice person
Mr cool Edit has been a offensive obnoxious idiot

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:41 pm

i said the exact same thing to him, that the vocals need improvement, and he throws a temper tantrum hissy fit.

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:44 pm

Yea, I've noticed that myself many times...usually I tell him some small things he needs to fix.
icecab21 wrote:i said the exact same thing to him, that the vocals need improvement, and he throws a temper tantrum hissy fit.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:47 pm

Tell him to fix the AutoTune, or to let someone else produce his voice. It's utterly terrible.

I tried to tell him nice and polite a few times but it ended in him blocking me. Moron.

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:03 pm

Every voice has it's own potential to my mind. But what I think of his voice is that it's very light. Like a feather floating almost. I mean, I'm not one to talk, I need to power into my singing as well but his is very light, almost wispy. It's sometimes hard to follow...and his accent too but that can't be fixed anytime soon.

Yea, I get that from him sometimes too. He blocked me for a bit once.
rikkertje wrote:Tell him to fix the AutoTune, or to let someone else produce his voice. It's utterly terrible.

I tried to tell him nice and polite a few times but it ended in him blocking me. Moron.

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:55 am

Chill out I didn't mean it be offensive. Stop jumping to conclusions.

1) I didn't say you used autotune, don't put words in my mouth.

2) Yes you do in my opinion but like I said, I'm not one to talk, my singing doesn't have much power in it either. And stop taking what people say and saying it's Kotipelto's fault. He's not within the same league as we are when it comes to singing. It's a bad comparison and makes you look like a fool. I didn't say you were sharp either.

3) Again, don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say you were an imitation.

4) Don't always assume they are bad people. You won't advance if you can't learn to take a little constructive criticism every now and then. Not everyone likes my singing but I don't get mad at them. It's personal preference. You can't please everyone.

5) I'll grant you that, Kiske and Kotipelto do have accents but yours is a little thick by comparison. But, did I say that was a bad thing? Go back and read and answer that yourself.

6) Considering you're a Stratovarius fan yourself, you're no better than they are. You're not above them, you're nothing special by comparison. We're all human here and it's about time you started treating them like so. You're just as ignorant as they are as far as I'm concerned.
Mr cool Edit wrote:sraha, make a favor... stop to speack of me with fucking ignorant, the cs are correct, to the peolple no stratovafans likes, italy, americans, German, japanesses and argentininians, and more.....

I dont use autotune, i use something better,

I dont have light voice, kotipelto have light voice.... why he is Sharp.... im not sharp......

i have in correct scale and in personal style, im not a fucking imitation of nothing.....

I block his guys why harassed me, really they are a true mother fuckers

I have a spanish acent only, like kotipelto have finnish acent and kiske have German acent....

No make me famous speaking whaever shit from ignorancce.... i preffer by anonymous of all this stupids, ignorant and frustrated guys and i want you that you, respect me and stop to talk about in with his stupid fans. ok????

THANKS!!!!!!!! fucking god.........

Southern_Cross wrote:Every voice has it's own potential to my mind. But what I think of his voice is that it's very light. Like a feather floating almost. I mean, I'm not one to talk, I need to power into my singing as well but his is very light, almost wispy. It's sometimes hard to follow...and his accent too but that can't be fixed anytime soon.

rikkertje wrote:Tell him to fix the AutoTune, or to let someone else produce his voice. It's utterly terrible.

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:21 am

SARAH..... I DONT CARE A SHIT!!!!! STOP TO FEED THIS INSANE GUYS!!!!!!!

I prefer the indifference before this shit!

can you do that!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Southern_Cross wrote:Chill out I didn't mean it be offensive. Stop jumping to conclusions.

2) Yes you do in my opinion but like I said, I'm not one to talk, my singing doesn't have much power in it either. And stop taking what people say and saying it's Kotipelto's fault. He's not within the same league as we are when it comes to singing. It's a bad comparison and makes you look like a fool. I didn't say you were sharp either.

4) Don't always assume they are bad people. You won't advance if you can't learn to take a little constructive criticism every now and then. Not everyone likes my singing but I don't get mad at them. It's personal preference. You can't please everyone.

5) I'll grant you that, Kiske and Kotipelto do have accents but yours is a little thick by comparison. But, did I say that was a bad thing? Go back and read and answer that yourself.

6) Considering you're a Stratovarius fan yourself, you're no better than they are. You're not above them, you're nothing special by comparison. We're all human here and it's about time you started treating them like so. You're just as ignorant as they are as far as I'm concerned.
Mr cool Edit wrote:sraha, make a favor... stop to speack of me with fucking ignorant, the cs are correct, to the peolple no stratovafans likes, italy, americans, German, japanesses and argentininians, and more.....

I dont have light voice, kotipelto have light voice.... why he is Sharp.... im not sharp......

i have in correct scale and in personal style, im not a fucking imitation of nothing.....

I have a spanish acent only, like kotipelto have finnish acent and kiske have German acent....

No make me famous speaking whaever shit from ignorancce.... i preffer by anonymous of all this stupids, ignorant and frustrated guys and i want you that you, respect me and stop to talk about in with his stupid fans. ok????

Southern_Cross wrote:Every voice has it's own potential to my mind. But what I think of his voice is that it's very light. Like a feather floating almost. I mean, I'm not one to talk, I need to power into my singing as well but his is very light, almost wispy. It's sometimes hard to follow...and his accent too but that can't be fixed anytime soon.

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:50 am

I can. And maybe I will if you try to chill out right now, deal?
Mr cool Edit wrote:SARAH..... I DONT CARE A SHIT!!!!! STOP TO FEED THIS INSANE GUYS!!!!!!!

I prefer the indifference before this shit!

can you do that!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Southern_Cross wrote:Chill out I didn't mean it be offensive. Stop jumping to conclusions.