Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Sonata Arctica- The Misery Cover

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Musician talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Sonata Arctica- The Misery Cover Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I uploaded this...gosh, I don't even remember when. A while back. Anyways, it was mentioned in my last cover uploaded here that maybe I should try some slower songs. I did this one a while back and I thought I'd put it up here for comparison. And I really liked it anyways, I forgot to post it when I first uploaded it Razz

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=wBPWIIX8oJs

Please let me know what you think and how I can improve! (keep in mind this isn't as recent as the last one so, I forgot to post it here when I first uploaded it)

Krigo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The Misery's one of my personal favorites by Sonata Arctica (I fell in love with it when I saw the band perform it live e a few years ago) and I felt that you did a great job with it!

The only improvement I could really suggest would be to turn up your vocals a little bit, the piano is a little bit too loud in comparison. Sounds nice though!

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Thanks! The Misery is one of my favorites as well Smile

Yea, that always seems the be the problem...this is a much earlier video though, I've been practicing a lot lately so if I rerecorded it, it'd probably be louder.

Thanks very much Smile

Krigo wrote:
The Misery's one of my personal favorites by Sonata Arctica (I fell in love with it when I saw the band perform it live e a few years ago) and I felt that you did a great job with it!

The only improvement I could really suggest would be to turn up your vocals a little bit, the piano is a little bit too loud in comparison. Sounds nice though!

7thSon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Sonata Arctica- The Misery Cover Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Southern_Cross wrote:
I uploaded this...gosh, I don't even remember when. A while back. Anyways, it was mentioned in my last cover uploaded here that maybe I should try some slower songs. I did this one a while back and I thought I'd put it up here for comparison. And I really liked it anyways, I forgot to post it when I first uploaded it Razz

Please let me know what you think and how I can improve! (keep in mind this isn't as recent as the last one so, I forgot to post it here when I first uploaded it)

This is also one of my favorite ballads. My suggestion would be to use more breath (take deeper breaths) and you will sing it even better.

You did a nice job and I enjoyed your singing. I've been working on this one, too, but the high parts are really tough!

Best regards. Smile

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Sonata Arctica- The Misery Cover Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice! I will remember that for the next cover Smile And good luck with your cover of this song! Post it on the forum when you finish it, I would love to hear it. Smile

7thSon wrote:
Southern_Cross wrote:

This is also one of my favorite ballads. My suggestion would be to use more breath (take deeper breaths) and you will sing it even better.

You did a nice job and I enjoyed your singing. I've been working on this one, too, but the high parts are really tough!

Best regards. Smile

7thSon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Sonata Arctica- The Misery Cover Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Southern_Cross wrote:
Thanks for the advice! I will remember that for the next cover Smile And good luck with your cover of this song! Post it on the forum when you finish it, I would love to hear it. Smile

Best regards. Smile

You're welcome & I'll try to remember to post it up when it's finished. It's hard to maintain vocal health this time of year with so many colds going around.

Have a Happy New Year!
Beerchug

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Sonata Arctica- The Misery Cover Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'll be looking forward to hearing it Smile Yea I agree, right now I've got a terrible cough and the other day I had a fever. I'm lucky I can still talk as it is, forget singing. Razz

Have a happy new year Smile

7thSon wrote:
Southern_Cross wrote:

Best regards. Smile

You're welcome & I'll try to remember to post it up when it's finished. It's hard to maintain vocal health this time of year with so many colds going around.

Have a Happy New Year!
Beerchug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Musician talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum