Sonata Arctica- The Misery Cover

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.
Southern_Cross
Sonata Arctica- The Misery Cover

Post by Southern_Cross » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:35 am

I uploaded this...gosh, I don't even remember when. A while back. Anyways, it was mentioned in my last cover uploaded here that maybe I should try some slower songs. I did this one a while back and I thought I'd put it up here for comparison. And I really liked it anyways, I forgot to post it when I first uploaded it :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBPWIIX8oJs

Please let me know what you think and how I can improve! (keep in mind this isn't as recent as the last one so, I forgot to post it here when I first uploaded it)

Krigo

Re: Sonata Arctica- The Misery Cover

Post by Krigo » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:16 am

The Misery's one of my personal favorites by Sonata Arctica (I fell in love with it when I saw the band perform it live e a few years ago) and I felt that you did a great job with it!

The only improvement I could really suggest would be to turn up your vocals a little bit, the piano is a little bit too loud in comparison. Sounds nice though!

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:22 am

Thanks! The Misery is one of my favorites as well :)

Yea, that always seems the be the problem...this is a much earlier video though, I've been practicing a lot lately so if I rerecorded it, it'd probably be louder.

Thanks very much :)
Krigo wrote:The Misery's one of my personal favorites by Sonata Arctica (I fell in love with it when I saw the band perform it live e a few years ago) and I felt that you did a great job with it!

The only improvement I could really suggest would be to turn up your vocals a little bit, the piano is a little bit too loud in comparison. Sounds nice though!

7thSon

Post by 7thSon » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:15 am

Southern_Cross wrote:I uploaded this...gosh, I don't even remember when. A while back. Anyways, it was mentioned in my last cover uploaded here that maybe I should try some slower songs. I did this one a while back and I thought I'd put it up here for comparison. And I really liked it anyways, I forgot to post it when I first uploaded it :P

Please let me know what you think and how I can improve! (keep in mind this isn't as recent as the last one so, I forgot to post it here when I first uploaded it)
This is also one of my favorite ballads. My suggestion would be to use more breath (take deeper breaths) and you will sing it even better.

You did a nice job and I enjoyed your singing. I've been working on this one, too, but the high parts are really tough!

Best regards. :)

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:00 am

Thanks for the advice! I will remember that for the next cover :) And good luck with your cover of this song! Post it on the forum when you finish it, I would love to hear it. :)
7thSon wrote:
Southern_Cross wrote:I uploaded this...gosh, I don't even remember when. A while back. Anyways, it was mentioned in my last cover uploaded here that maybe I should try some slower songs. I did this one a while back and I thought I'd put it up here for comparison. And I really liked it anyways, I forgot to post it when I first uploaded it :P

This is also one of my favorite ballads. My suggestion would be to use more breath (take deeper breaths) and you will sing it even better.

You did a nice job and I enjoyed your singing. I've been working on this one, too, but the high parts are really tough!

7thSon

Post by 7thSon » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:30 pm

Southern_Cross wrote:Thanks for the advice! I will remember that for the next cover :) And good luck with your cover of this song! Post it on the forum when you finish it, I would love to hear it. :)

You're welcome & I'll try to remember to post it up when it's finished. It's hard to maintain vocal health this time of year with so many colds going around.

Have a Happy New Year!
:beer:

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:35 am

I'll be looking forward to hearing it :) Yea I agree, right now I've got a terrible cough and the other day I had a fever. I'm lucky I can still talk as it is, forget singing. :P

Have a happy new year :)
7thSon wrote:
Southern_Cross wrote:Thanks for the advice! I will remember that for the next cover :) And good luck with your cover of this song! Post it on the forum when you finish it, I would love to hear it. :)

You're welcome & I'll try to remember to post it up when it's finished. It's hard to maintain vocal health this time of year with so many colds going around.

Have a Happy New Year!
:beer: