Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Shadowstrike

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rebel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Shadowstrike Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Just in case anyone wants to complain about the local power metal scene in the United States, may I present to you Shadowstrike?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=- NZOTkLtZeI

Flavio Ontivero

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

More of the same, i see....

dragon force American version......

robocop656
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Murrica. Why not make this into a murrican power metal thread? Next band: armory.

Rebel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

robocop656 wrote:
Murrica. Why not make this into a murrican power metal thread? Next band: armory.

I saw them live on Friday!

robocop656
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:40 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

How was it?!? Shocked

Rebel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

robocop656 wrote:
How was it?!? Shocked

Their singer was probably the best performer of the festival (Cellador and Noble Beast were also there, speaking of awesome US Power Metal). They were probably the only band were I felt like they were 100% performing up to the quality of their studio material.

robocop656
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:37 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Sounds pretty, pretty good! Next american band: Symphony X. Very Happy

Flavio Ontivero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:25 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

hahahah cellador is the old band of warren curry!!

i dunno was he left, maybe why he married

Rebel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Can we have a discussion about how unbelievably excellent this Skyliner debut is? I mean what?

robocop656
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:55 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I heard one skyliner song on YouTube, not bad. Next american band: Lorenguard.

Rebel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

robocop656 wrote:
I heard one skyliner song on YouTube, not bad. Next american band: Lorenguard.

I met them at a show a few years ago. They had awesome stage outfits. The editor of Blackwindmetal is good friends with the drummer of that band as well. We're all familiar with Holy Grail, right?

robocop656
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Sounds pretty cool, dude. Very Happy Next american band: Kamelot.

NeverendingAbyss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:46 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ghost Opera was awesome. I haven't heard much from them in 4 years (never bothered to look up other albums)

Rebel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

A few other bands you should all be familiar with from the states
Mindmaze: Jens is actually guesting on their upcoming album. Their guitarist is also an occasional contributor at Black Wind Metal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=BRkOgI2eyrA
Disforia: Singer John Yelland is also a friend, they are Utah's premier metal band. I actually helped fund this album. Their debut (Which this is from) has a guest spot from Hansi Kursch
https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=aPf9__GnbfI
Judicator: Also featuring John Yelland on vocals, but this one is his collaboration with the fantastically talented Tony Cordisco, an English teacher from Arizona. A bit more power metal oriented than Disforia. Unlike Disforia, which just released their debut, Judicator has released 2 albums and is currently working on a third (That this is a preview of). Their first two albums are really cool historical concept albums, and this upcoming one is a more personal concept album about the singer's childhood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=hFjKdwrlLuI
Also from their excellent Sleepy Plessow album
https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=yJPtZT_nh0M
And an obligatory Theocracy plug because they're so freaking great
https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=QrZpGEyitck

Rebel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Ghost Opera was awesome. I haven't heard much from them in 4 years (never bothered to look up other albums)

Roy Khan left and was replaced by Tommy Karevik from Seventh Wonder. You should both check out their new album. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvWT- 7l6vJU) as well as Tommy's main band Seventh Wonder (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sRDa- xTfwg) who will be playing immediately before Stratovarius at ProgPower USA this year.

Rebel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Flavio Ontivero wrote:
hahahah cellador is the old band of warren curry!!

i dunno was he left, maybe why he married

I would guess it had to do with Chris relocating the band from Nebraska to Denver Colorado.

Rebel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:50 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Also, since I can't edit my posts, I have to make another, because Steamforged.

http://steamforged.bandcamp.com/album/ fractured-singularity

Must-hear for any fan of awesome keyboard stuff

robocop656
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:02 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Where do you find these bands? Do they submit reviews to you? Next american band: Savatage.

Rebel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

robocop656 wrote:
Where do you find these bands? Do they submit reviews to you? Next american band: Savatage.

Some of them, yes, others I find through a facebook group, (US Power Metal Connection), and others just through friends that comb over metal archives.

Jon Oliva's Pain is playing the Savatage album "Streets" In it's entirety at ProgPower USA this year. I've never been much of a Savatage fan myself though.

robocop656
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:40 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Gutter ballet is a classic. Next american band: Iced Earth.

NeonVomit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Saw Jon Oliva & co play all of Hall of the Mountain King last year in London. Was pretty awesome, he's got two great guitarists playing for him now. Jon himself is... to be honest... not looking great but sounds surprisingly good after all these years.

As for Iced Earth, I'm glad that Stu Block has fit into the band as well as he has, he nails the old material. They're still really good live.

AGAG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

What the fuck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum