Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

the Hobbit 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doc_holliday

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:01 am    Post subject: the Hobbit 3 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I just saw this movie in the IMAX theaters, was awesome! The movie's already good by itself, but when you watch it in 3d, big screen, 48 frames per second, and close to the screen (fourth row), it's an amazing experience.

Hildegard26

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:56 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I bet the war scene was awesome. Elves jumping over the dwarves to frontline was my favorite part.

HinatAArcticA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I find the Hobbit trilogy to be overall pretty darn bad.

mocobhc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Agreed! They're not overwhelmingly well done - like there wasn't any kind of progress in creating effects and such since the LOTR movies came out... But the biggest problem is that the story only offered enough for two movies at the maximum. Especially the 2nd part was ridiculously boring.

NeonVomit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

They took a small children's book and stretched it out over 9 hours and fill it with CGI because it's easier than actually building sets and using natural effects like the LOTR trilogy. Not great.

Kööski

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Sad Not at all like "Apocalypse now" then? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

adrian9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I had seen a website where they describe the goofs and many mistakes made along this trilogy, in my opinion those were good movies, but did we really need a trilogy? maybe a two part movie would have been better.
also in the last movie they decide to do a drawf all digital and it turned out very poor acted scenes.
I dont know, maybe this is one of those movies that divides fans.

HinatAArcticA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I hated the CGI in The Hobbit trilogy. Falls short to the amazing costumes of the LotR trilogy.

doc_holliday

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think I would have enjoyed it even if they made 10 movies out of it. I like long movies (when they're entertaining)

NeonVomit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Kööski wrote:
Sad Not at all like "Apocalypse now" then? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Heart of Darkness is hardly what I'd call a children's book.

Kööski

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad I read this book in school and found it good but scary as hell. Maybe that is why I never saw the movie. I haven't seen any Hobbits either but managed to read the books. I am out in movies. Never find the time... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad and am too restless...but a fastreader,,,

NeonVomit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Apocalypse Now is very different from Heat of Darkness - the book is set in the Congo in Africa in the 19th century, the film is in Vietnam during the war. The same themes are explored, with the added bonus of Marlon Brando completely losing his shit during the filming and rambling complete nonsense which was then edited into some of the greatest scenes in movie history.

Kööski

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Smile The "head" you showed me earlier, didn't convince me, but now you have, with the help of Google! Wink Thank you! So I will consider the thought of seeing "one of the best movies" at last. Ja ja for Kurtz's sake...

Linnette Gray

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

LOTR is way better! Hobbit lacks in everything!

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

We have The Hobbit 3 on Blu Ray and my husband has watched it about a million times! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Well, not a million but it seems like it. Rolling Eyes Whe he likes a movie he will watch it to damn death. He did the same with Machete movies, Pompeii and the Spartacus stuff.
I don't have any right to criticize because I have watched Game of Thrones 4th season for like 2 million times! Laughing
Us elderly people don't have a life so we have to do something! Laughing Shop,surf the 'net, and watch movies. Smile

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I loved LOTR, but I thought the Hobbit was way too overblown. To stretch out one book like that is ridiculous. Although, considering I want to do film animation/art when I grow up, they have some badass looking stuff.

doc_holliday

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

browneyedgirl wrote:

Us elderly people don't have a life so we have to do something! Laughing Shop,surf the 'net, and watch movies. Smile
you should pick up video games!

Southern_Cross wrote:
Although, considering I want to do film animation/art when I grow up, they have some badass looking stuff.

I love that shit too! but I'm more into video game art. I'm learning 3dStudio Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum