Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Where is Man in the mirror and Halcyon days ????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrumMaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Where is Man in the mirror and Halcyon days ???? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Just read the last setlists from Stratovarius shows and a question rose immediatly :

Where is Man in the Mirror ?? It is from far the best song in Eternal and sounds very great !
And closer to the previous, why not playing Halcyon days that is greater than unbreakable ?

Hope the setlist will be updated soon Smile

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Where is Man in the mirror and Halcyon days ???? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

DrumMaster wrote:
Just read the last setlists from Stratovarius shows and a question rose immediatly :

Where is Man in the Mirror ?? It is from far the best song in Eternal and sounds very great !
And closer to the previous, why not playing Halcyon days that is greater than unbreakable ?

Hope the setlist will be updated soon Smile

MAN IN THE MIRROR
ADD TO SETLIST
NOW
please ?

Pancio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Sorry guys but I don't think that man in the mirror will be played,the problems with the song is that it's very difficult to sing and doesn't fit to the other songs so I don't think Strato will add it to the setlist,maybe not during european tour.

rikkertje

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Pancio wrote:
Sorry guys but I don't think that man in the mirror will be played,the problems with the song is that it's very difficult to sing and doesn't fit to the other songs so I don't think Strato will add it to the setlist,maybe not during european tour.

I think that's a matter of personal taste. I for one find that Man In The Mirror fits the rest of the music in the setlist perfectly. Could easily be in place of Black Diamond or Phoenix. And there are songs in the setlist right now that are way more difficult to sing for TK. MITM is in the same level of difficulty as Against The Wind and he pulls that off quite well!

So my hopes are still up for a revamped setlist!

- Intro (Endless Forest)
- My Eternal Dream
- Twilight Symphony
- Man In The Mirror
- Distant Skies
- Season of Change
- Tomorrow or No Turning Back or Millenium or Learning To Fly or I'm Still Alive
- Lost Without a Trace
- Rise Above It
- The Lost Saga
- Will The Sun Rise or Speed Of Light or Forever Free or Eagleheart
- If The Story Is Over (acoustic)
- Shine In The Dark
---
- Against The Wind
- Feeding The Fire
- Hunting High and Low or Black Diamond

Until then I'll keep posting this! Laughing

SatanicSmile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I've always been very happy with their set list. But I've seen them only like 3 times, you people probably see them at least 3 times every year Laughing

Hunting High and Low is unnecessarily long though. At least it was every time I saw them.

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

SatanicSmile wrote:
Hunting High and Low is unnecessarily long though. At least it was every time I saw them.

I agree. Also, Black Diamond doesn't need to be played every time. (it's a good song tho)

SentineLEX
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Man in the Mirror might actually be the nicest audience participation song on the album!

NeverendingAbyss

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

SentineLEX wrote:
Man in the Mirror might actually be the nicest audience participation song on the album!

True that. I can already imagine the crowd yelling "CRYYYYYY FOR THE MAAANNNNN IN THE MIIIIIRRRROOOORRRR"

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
SentineLEX wrote:

True that. I can already imagine the crowd yelling "CRYYYYYY FOR THE MAAANNNNN IN THE MIIIIIRRRROOOORRRR"

Haha, I can imagine that too

Pancio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The point is that I like Man in the Mirror very much but it's a kind of song that is a little strange for most of the fans.
I hope that they will change setlist during the tour 'cause it's my fifth or sixth concert of the band here in Italy and I'm really really tired of the "classic" songs like Black Diamond,HHaL,Speed of Light or stuff like that,but for a band on the road is not easy to change the setlist because they don't have time to reharse much,so maybe in the South-American leg they will but I don't think now now.
However I hope in Feeding the Fire instead of In my Line of Work and Rise Above It instead of Speed of Light,maybe Abandon instead of Black Diamond and something from Elysium and Polaris instead of the toooooooooo loooooooooooong Hunting High and Low.Then the never played songs from Elements and here and one songs from every record,a dream.

DrumMaster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Rise above it is a very good song too !

I am totally ok that Hunting high and low should be recycled for having seen Strato a lot of time (so is black diamond).

I really like Polaris and I personnaly would add Forever is today along with Elysium Smile.

I am also surprised that the setlist contains only 13 songs ... Sad

Southern_Cross

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

DrumMaster wrote:
Rise above it is a very good song too !

I am totally ok that Hunting high and low should be recycled for having seen Strato a lot of time (so is black diamond).

I really like Polaris and I personnaly would add Forever is today along with Elysium Smile.

I am also surprised that the setlist contains only 13 songs ... Sad

Elysium would be pretty difficult though, wouldn't it?

DrumMaster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yes, but I think Stratovarius are musician that are not blocked by the difficulty of a song Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum