Find Your Own Voice

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
NeverendingAbyss
Find Your Own Voice

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:08 pm

Seriously, how did TK manage to keep his throat from imploding?

fuck

Re: Find Your Own Voice

Post by fuck » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:34 pm

His throat was already stretched out from sucking so much cock. :shock:

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:11 am

Other Timo ramming him in the ass for every syllable.

He goes higher on Learning to Fly!

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:21 pm

ah Learning to Fly. one of my favorite songs

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:49 pm

doc_holliday wrote:ah Learning to Fly. one of my favorite songs
I like it but those high notes at the end kind of make me cringe. Like listening to it, you can kinda tell Kotipelto was struggling with those notes a lot.

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:44 pm

That song really is a testament to the monumental power that Timo Kotipelto brought to the band. Father Time, Forever Free, Infinity, etc. - Find Your Own Voice is the culmination of that awesome power metal sound Stratovarius refined from Episode through Elements. It's a testament to TK's abilities as a power metal singer and how a vocalist who can really hit the shattering notes can turn a good song into an amazing song. The very few live recordings of this song show that TK didn't half-ass it when they did play it live and there's a reason they didn't write songs like that on future albums - as cool as it is to hear, it's damn near impossible to sing.

Fucking love FYOV. Pure ass-kicking power metal.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:29 pm

i will explain you, ball of assholes.... :shock:

WHEN THE KING ASSHOLE SPEAK, YOU ALL LISTEN :x

THE ONLY WHY THAT THE SIr KOTIPELTO DAMAGE HIS VOICE SINGING IS IF HE USE IT BAD. :x

I share one explication, FREDDIE MERCURY HAd A NODUL IN HIS VOICE. Freddie mercury is a naturally talent, he not have school. You can listen his voice destroyed in his last time.

Naturally, Freddie Mercury not have this motor broked colour.

you can comprove his in his first albums :lol:

Timo kotipelto, not have damage his voice, only if his vocal chords are sick, i remember that he pass for a strange episode with fresh food.

The kotipelto's drama can be based to this episode, or psichologic drama if he pass a hard trauma with his voice.

If i compare his voice in "visions" and now in "eternal" , without the rage difference, he have the same color :D

I hope that my nerd brain help ya.... :D

if i'm not, you can go to the hell :x

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:57 pm

Empathica1928 wrote:That song really is a testament to the monumental power that Timo Kotipelto brought to the band. Father Time, Forever Free, Infinity, etc. - Find Your Own Voice is the culmination of that awesome power metal sound Stratovarius refined from Episode through Elements. It's a testament to TK's abilities as a power metal singer and how a vocalist who can really hit the shattering notes can turn a good song into an amazing song. The very few live recordings of this song show that TK didn't half-ass it when they did play it live and there's a reason they didn't write songs like that on future albums - as cool as it is to hear, it's damn near impossible to sing.

Fucking love FYOV. Pure ass-kicking power metal.
how about jens taking over for good on this song?
A9

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:55 am

Southern_Cross wrote:
I like it but those high notes at the end kind of make me cringe. Like listening to it, you can kinda tell Kotipelto was struggling with those notes a lot.
Same. Everyone is always raving about how great he sings those really high notes in Learning To Fly and Find Your Own Voice. But those are two songs I skip. Halfway through FYOV I'm like "oh pleeeaaaase stop screaming in my ears!" :lol:

Father Time is a way better example of his voice. That song goes just as high as FYOV without exaggerating. The high notes are dosed to the chorus. Love that one.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:15 pm

hahah... i mean HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

SEE TO IGGY POP LATIN VERSION :x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bct1IO4f6vw

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:19 pm

rikkertje wrote:
Southern_Cross wrote:
Same. Everyone is always raving about how great he sings those really high notes in Learning To Fly and Find Your Own Voice. But those are two songs I skip. Halfway through FYOV I'm like "oh pleeeaaaase stop screaming in my ears!" :lol:

Father Time is a way better example of his voice. That song goes just as high as FYOV without exaggerating. The high notes are dosed to the chorus. Love that one.
What about Know the Difference and the end of Elements?

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:32 pm

Know The Difference is really off key in the chorus. Never liked that one.
The high notes in Elements are too much for me. It's so high he's barely understandable.

One of the reasons I love Strato/TK is his middle range. Hunting High And Low, Eagleheart, more recently Feeding The Fire. Love that part of his vocal range. :)

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:33 pm

rikkertje wrote:One of the reasons I love Strato/TK is his middle range. Hunting High And Low, Eagleheart, more recently Feeding The Fire. Love that part of his vocal range. :)
I agree.
And I don't think those high notes in Elements are that great. Impressive, but they feel too high, to me. although the higher notes in the Visions album were nice.

Krigo

Post by Krigo » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:39 pm

rikkertje wrote:Know The Difference is really off key in the chorus. Never liked that one.
The high notes in Elements are too much for me. It's so high he's barely understandable.

One of the reasons I love Strato/TK is his middle range. Hunting High And Low, Eagleheart, more recently Feeding The Fire. Love that part of his vocal range. :)
I feel the same way, the highs in Elements are waaaay too high my comfort. It just sounds like Timo Kotipelto's in pain while singing.

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:56 am

Hmm, I don't think the chorus of Know the Difference is out of key - I quite like Timo's clarity on that. He sounds extremely powerful.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:05 am

Krigo wrote:
rikkertje wrote:Know The Difference is really off key in the chorus. Never liked that one.

I feel the same way, the highs in Elements are waaaay too high my comfort. It just sounds like Timo Kotipelto's in pain while singing.
That's why I posted this thread. How does he not bleed?! Or at least have a really bad sore throat.

Granted, singing is done from the diaphragm and expelled through the skull, but still.

Normally I don't listen to FYOV, but it caught my attention and started appreciating TK's effort.

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:12 am

I remember TT in an interview saying that they recorded the Elements albums one sentence at a time. So I guess it's possible, or at least was possible, given time to recover.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:49 am

HOOOO!! why do you think that i study classical music/tenor in priority to metal/popular music?

JUST FOR THIS!!! :x

BUTT!!!!! i mean but.... if timo kotipelto start to sing my technique is very possible that he falls in CONTRATENOR RANGE! :x

But he is metal head, viking and all bad bad stuff, he preffer continue shouting with nordic MOOSES :elk:

that sound as a girl :D

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:10 pm

SentineLEX wrote:I remember TT in an interview saying that they recorded the Elements albums one sentence at a time. So I guess it's possible, or at least was possible, given time to recover.
True. TK himself also said in interviews that he thought he wouldn't even be able to sing it in the studio. And that he doesn't like it. He actually dislikes a lot of the Elements stuff because it is just him squealing too high.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:16 pm

dear ball of stratodrama. :D

you know what is the TECHNOLOGY!!!!! :x

If he dont want sing to high, the sound engineer can put his ass more HIGH!! :x

HOHOHOH BUT OFCOURSE!! THE SOUND ENGINNER IS LIMITED!! LIMITED!!!!! :x

The shit of pro tools have one shit called PITCH!!! but pro tools is a RETARD FUCKING PROGRAM, THAT ENGINEERS RETARDS THINK THAT IS A MIRACLE!! :x

SORRY, I NEED GO TO THE BEDROOM TO TAKE MY MEDICINE :lol:

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:31 pm

Every time I read something about the 'one sentence at a time' thing about Elements, I always imagine that fucking cornball scene from the Def Leppard movie.

Actor playing Joe Elliot: I can't go any higher!
Producer: Yes you can! You can do it!
Joe: *tries, fails*
Producer: YOU CAN DO IT, JOE!
Joe: *magically nails high register*
*film goes into montage of band's skyrocketing popularity and sales*

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:03 pm

sorry, kid, i'm telepath. kotipelto have more toys that my nephew in the studio.

I can say that recently now he start to have better performance.

But yes, tolkki is one insane, for that all the NOTES THAT FABIO LIONE HITS IN LIVE IS FAKE. he are using one machine, i dunno which one is

Carry on la5 is fake

in rhapsody, Lamento Eroico tenor is fake too.

i need only see you and you will got naked front at me
:lol: