I finally saw Stratoivarius live

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Shurik
I finally saw Stratoivarius live

Post by Shurik » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:52 pm

Had to go to Finland for that, but anyway, the show in Helsinki on 16/9 was great. The warm-up band - Serenity - were pretty good too.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

fuck

Re: I finally saw Stratoivarius live

Post by fuck » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:36 am

Can I still contact you on ICQ? Inquiring minds want to know. :roll:

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:15 am

Shurik wrote:Had to go to Finland for that, but anyway, the show in Helsinki on 16/9 was great. The warm-up band - Serenity - were pretty good too.
Damn, wish I could've seen it
But I'm stuck in the USA

fuck

Post by fuck » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:44 am

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:59 am

fuck wrote:Image
I already saw this thing 3 times on Tumblr today I don't need it again

Krigo

Post by Krigo » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:13 am

fuck wrote:Image
thank mr skeltal

fuck

Post by fuck » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:13 pm

Sinn

Post by Sinn » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:02 pm

I "discovered" Stratovarius in 2000 after release of Infinite album.
Last saturday I saw them live in my country. I still cannot believe it, I was in the first line just under the stage.
The guys are amazing!

Alicja

Post by Alicja » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:24 pm

Sinn wrote:I "discovered" Stratovarius in 2000 after release of Infinite album.
Last saturday I saw them live in my country. I still cannot believe it, I was in the first line just under the stage.
The guys are amazing!
Hi there, a friend from Poland! I was there, too and I also stood in the first line :D

It was my first time to see Stratovarius and I think it was the best evening in my life. I did not expect it will give me so much happiness and I did not really know how much this band means to me. Now when I know I would like my whole life to be just one big Strato gig! The guys have so much positive power that you can't ever be the same after listening to them live. I really regret I did not meet them personally, besides the concert but well it would be so powerful experience that I might have died of excitement :lol: What was awesome is that Timo threw directly to me a bottle of water and we also bumped our fists twice. And Lauri during his solo played a part of our national anthem, how cool is that?!
Kiitos Timo, Lauri, Jens, Matias and Rolf for the unforgettable evening!!!
Love is only beautiful when it bleeds.

Ti7aNiC-23

Post by Ti7aNiC-23 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:54 pm

Nice!

I "discovered" Stratovarius in 2003 by accidentally downloading Hunting High and Low. They quickly became my favorite band. They rarely play in Canada; they played here in 2005 and 2009 but I missed both tours as I was a poor student in University.
The first time I saw Stratovarius was last year (September 2014) in Montreal. I flew from Yellowknife to Montreal specifically for the show (3,200km).
The second time I saw Stratovarius was at Wacken Open Air this summer. I flew from Canada to Germany for that (6,200km). [I also spent 2 weeks in Finland (Helsinki & Pori) during the trip!]
The Montreal show was ~300 people... there were 86,500 people at WOA. Both very different and very amazing shows. But I gotta say, I much preferred the smaller venue and the VIP meet & greet for Strato. So worth it.
I can't wait for my next opportunity to see 'em!

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:49 pm

Alicja wrote:
Sinn wrote:I "discovered" Stratovarius in 2000 after release of Infinite album.
The guys are amazing!
Hi there, a friend from Poland! I was there, too and I also stood in the first line :D

It was my first time to see Stratovarius and I think it was the best evening in my life. I did not expect it will give me so much happiness and I did not really know how much this band means to me. Now when I know I would like my whole life to be just one big Strato gig! The guys have so much positive power that you can't ever be the same after listening to them live. I really regret I did not meet them personally, besides the concert but well it would be so powerful experience that I might have died of excitement :lol: What was awesome is that Timo threw directly to me a bottle of water and we also bumped our fists twice. And Lauri during his solo played a part of our national anthem, how cool is that?!
Kiitos Timo, Lauri, Jens, Matias and Rolf for the unforgettable evening!!!
that sounds like a wonderful experience!

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:50 pm

Ti7aNiC-23 wrote:Nice!

I "discovered" Stratovarius in 2003 by accidentally downloading Hunting High and Low. They quickly became my favorite band. They rarely play in Canada; they played here in 2005 and 2009 but I missed both tours as I was a poor student in University.
The first time I saw Stratovarius was last year (September 2014) in Montreal. I flew from Yellowknife to Montreal specifically for the show (3,200km).
The second time I saw Stratovarius was at Wacken Open Air this summer. I flew from Canada to Germany for that (6,200km). [I also spent 2 weeks in Finland (Helsinki & Pori) during the trip!]
The Montreal show was ~300 people... there were 86,500 people at WOA. Both very different and very amazing shows. But I gotta say, I much preferred the smaller venue and the VIP meet & greet for Strato. So worth it.
I remember you! yea that concert was awesome.

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:12 pm

doc_holliday wrote:

And I remember you Mr. Doc. That show was a-mazing.

I also made a big sacrifice to see them live in Montreal, drove from NY 8 hours or so. Just to leave next day back down. I had seem them twice in NYC before that, but I just couldn't miss them.

Now I'm planning on flying from Denver USA to Finland to see them along with Sabaton on Dec 19

7874.52 Km or 4,893 mi.

How crazy would that be? I'm seriously planning on doing it. Even if it means selling every piece of computer I have at home.

Who's with me?!
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:28 pm

Equinox wrote:
doc_holliday wrote:

I also made a big sacrifice to see them live in Montreal, drove from NY 8 hours or so. Just to leave next day back down. I had seem them twice in NYC before that, but I just couldn't miss them.

Now I'm planning on flying from Denver USA to Finland to see them along with Sabaton on Dec 19

7874.52 Km or 4,893 mi.

How crazy would that be? I'm seriously planning on doing it. Even if it means selling every piece of computer I have at home.

Who's with me?!
I would do the same, except it would be Seattle to Finland. Worth it tho

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:40 pm

Southern_Cross wrote:
Equinox wrote:
doc_holliday wrote:

7874.52 Km or 4,893 mi.

Who's with me?!
Let's do it, the wife game the go ahead already and now I'm just coordinating with a friend. Join in!
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:27 am

Equinox wrote:
Southern_Cross wrote:
Equinox wrote:
doc_holliday wrote:

7874.52 Km or 4,893 mi.

Who's with me?!
Let's do it, the wife game the go ahead already and now I'm just coordinating with a friend. Join in!
haha I wish I could

Ti7aNiC-23

Post by Ti7aNiC-23 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:19 am

I saw Sabaton at WOA this year as well, and I gotta say, they are one of the most fun live acts I've ever seen in my life! I've attended far more concerts than most people and Sabaton is up there with Rammstein, MUSE, Agalloch, & Paul McCartney for incredible shows. You're going to have the best time ever.

Equinox wrote:
doc_holliday wrote:

7874.52 Km or 4,893 mi.

Who's with me?!

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:12 pm

Southern_Cross wrote:
Equinox wrote:
Southern_Cross wrote:
Equinox wrote:
doc_holliday wrote:

7874.52 Km or 4,893 mi.

Who's with me?!
haha I wish I could
I wish I could too :(

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:17 pm

I saw him to all in 2005 in the last show with Timo Tolkki

I remember that in this moment Kotipelto do a Perfect version of "United", and after kotipelto and tolkki start in punches hahaha

haaaa sadly Im solitary wolf, really to my music style I need a Guitarrist as Timo Tolkki or not be musician and only be engineer. :cry: :lol: