Rate all Stratovarius album!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Liberty
Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by Liberty » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:13 am

Motha-faka wrote:

do you not have ambition to win a grammy in music, best band or best production?

about force it, let me remember you that this is the first time that we are talking about this, before only was attacks and bad stuff
Why care about Grammys ? My opinion of them is negative, it's all arranged...

About forcing it: well yes, you are inderectly try to force your ideas of sound engineering on people (i'm not saying that your ideas are wrong) and when you see that people are not interested, or do not react the way you expect you get angry.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:22 am

Liberty wrote:
Motha-faka wrote:

do you not have ambition to win a grammy in music, best band or best production?

about force it, let me remember you that this is the first time that we are talking about this, before only was attacks and bad stuff
Why care about Grammys ? My opinion of them is negative, it's all arranged...

About forcing it: well yes, you are inderectly try to force your ideas of sound engineering on people (i'm not saying that your ideas are wrong) and when you see that people are not interested, or do not react the way you expect you get angry.
you see, I listen tons of stuff about metal guys and this forum.

i don't know if you will understand this, but in technology all is unsafe.

i can show you true situations, but i think that you dont will understand it.

I'm trying to present you a HUGE BUSINESS, why?, why im in the other side of the people and you are not.

I see that the common people see and you can't see it why you are inside of this

let me explain you, if you tell me that Argentina is a super country, full of money, i can tell you, YES LIBERTY, ARGENTINA BUY UNITED STATES GRAMMY, but Argentina is not a rich country, , is 3ra world country, ARGENTINA IS IMPOSSIBLE BUY UNITED STATES GRAMMY.

all was degenerated why not only the huge ball of insults happen here, this was translated into social nets too, we are insulted in youtube, google plus and facebook too for the huge problem in this forum.

i'm not lie you, yes, sometime i can't understand what you all wanted said with all these words that is common in the metal why i'm one psychologist, the post producer is the other that share this account with me.

but He tried to got a direct contact with you all and really is impossible!

is like contact a shadows to you all, you can see it only in shows and when insite you to buy his albums in video.

now, explain me how you will stop all the ball of insults from tons of metalguys without be humillated and take respect of your person?

we are not offering this product only to stratovarius, also too the long list of artist my brother have as contact but that for now, they only see and no talk.

i know that this is really extra new, that you can fall in "yes but no, no but yes"

but is some one not break the Ice, just you all sing, the powermetal not exist. but you see that halloween and stratovarius, break the ice and now you are living of one "crazy idea" from 80's. or im wrong?

if ford, not create the crazy idea of build a car, you all will travel in horse like 1800, or im wrong?

this is the oportunity of revolucinate all again. The most important is that, you will continue with this original music but with much better sound that before, this not change in nothing about your music

If timo tolkki not decide left of the vocals and put to kotipelto inside, stratovarius is not that was in 90's, this was one risk that he take, with the band after his 3rs album grow with tolkki voice included. or i'm wrong?

Including was more dangerous, why change tolkki voice for kotipelto that is full differents. change jens johansson by antti that is completet different, change the drummer that sound differents.

after you take the risk with matias by tolkki that is completly differents.

is not so dangerous, or yes?

Liberty

Post by Liberty » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:37 pm

Hi,

I've created a section to reply to you here: http://forum.stratovarius.com/viewtopic.php?t=11869

so that we stop getting off topic. So please press on the link and continue there.

Let's keep this place for rating all Stratovarius album only.

so, what was your rating of album 1 and 2 and why. How did you discover this band ? what songs on those albums you like the most ? i am curious to know

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:11 pm

Liberty, you just don't know Flavio Ontivero.
Well, the way you speak to him is polite and right but, trust me, he is far from normality and half step beyond madness, sociopathy and mental delay, assisted with this poor troll's verve.
So, I believe you have good intentions, don't try to ratiocinate with him, it's impossible.
This forum is almost dead 'cause of him, he is only a mental deseased attention whore who post his shitty works everyday for no reason.
Sorry for the off topic.

About the album, and splitted vocals between Kotipelto and Tolkki, I believe there are some live track, like "Fire Dance Suite" from Tolkki's Classical Variatons and Themes, in which they both sings but, as I know everything from the "Strato Crew"(solo projects and so on), they have never sung toghether in any studio works.

About rating, I believe that "8" for Twilight Time, aka Stratovarius II, is a little bit high but, I think, is a subjective things.
I believe you will enjoy a lot Dreamspace and the following albums and this will lower TT.
Cheers.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:21 pm

thanks pancio, is wonderful see how the people insult us for free.

Liberty

Post by Liberty » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:38 pm

Pancio wrote:Liberty, you just don't know Flavio Ontivero.
Well, the way you speak to him is polite and right but, trust me, he is far from normality and half step beyond madness, sociopathy and mental delay, assisted with this poor troll's verve.
So, I believe you have good intentions, don't try to ratiocinate with him, it's impossible.
This forum is almost dead 'cause of him, he is only a mental deseased attention whore who post his shitty works everyday for no reason.
Sorry for the off topic.

About the album, and splitted vocals between Kotipelto and Tolkki, I believe there are some live track, like "Fire Dance Suite" from Tolkki's Classical Variatons and Themes, in which they both sings but, as I know everything from the "Strato Crew"(solo projects and so on), they have never sung toghether in any studio works.

About rating, I believe that "8" for Twilight Time, aka Stratovarius II, is a little bit high but, I think, is a subjective things.
I believe you will enjoy a lot Dreamspace and the following albums and this will lower TT.
Cheers.
About Flavio, no, i don't know him, I heard some of his music on youtube. Since i've been here his brother has been o.k. with me, i learned things from him. He might become a little angry but he has his reasons.

I don't have time to read every thing that has been going on on this forum, so for now, how about we all do a little effort to forgive both brothers and give them another chance ?. Maybe it will bring back more members to participate.

i gave it an 8 because i found a big difference between that one and the first. Then it would be an 8 compared to the first album.

Let's all stay on topic. I'm trying not to look at other people's rating not to be influenced. Will let you know about the third album when i get there.

Liberty

Post by Liberty » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:20 pm

Dreamspace 8/10

In the song Shattered, Mr Tolkki can scream, or how do you call that yelling almost at the end of the song Shattered, something I have not heard on album 1 and 2.

Heard something like that before in a Deep purple song and Queensryche song. I think he sings it a bit higher in the vocal range than Queensryche but i'm not sure. Was surprising to hear that.

Dietcoke

Post by Dietcoke » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:29 pm

This post is from like 3 years ago but i'm bored and don't know where else there is to talk about Stratovarius that's in English so guess i'm here now.

Fright Night: 5/10
Twilight time: 6/10
Dream space: 9/10
Fourth Dimension: 8/10
Episode: 7/10
Visions: 6/10
Destiny: 8/10
Infinite: 5/10
Intermission 8/10
Elements part 1: 5/10
Elements part 2: 5/10
Stratovarius: 3/10
Polaris: 9/10
Elysium: 9/10
Nemesis: 1/10
Eternal: 7/10

The only album i dislike all songs from is Nemesis
Clever joke

lucaf9397

Post by lucaf9397 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:45 pm

Fright Night: Interesting and some catching moments, for me this is not a must one, but not bad either. Guitar work is already brilliant.

Twilight time: This is just awesome. I love every song except Metal Frenzy. Hands of Time and Lead Us into Light are my favorites, could listen them whole day with repeat.

Dream space
: I love almost all songs on this. Also interesting to hear the quest drummer Mr Kuoppamäki on some tracks. Title track is very interesting and epic. Still my favorites are We Are the Future and Hold on to Your Dream. This album has lot more songs than the previous one. Difficult say which one is better.

Fourth Dimension: I don't really get into this album, and for me it is difficult listen to this. Opening track is really nice, the song with the band name is very interesting, and the 030366 is funny, spooky and scary. Thank god Tolkki was born in March instead of June. Keyboards are used much more than in previous albums, and some songs do not sound as "heavy" as Strato was used to be so far.

Episode: This is mindblowing. Of course I would not compare this to previous albums, since the lineup has been changed so much. Opening track is a blast, and the whole album is very very strong. The only track I have problems to enjoy is the one composed by the vocalist. Imo the bonus track When the Night Meets the Day should have included in the album, its very good ballad. Goose bumps: Father time, Episode, Stratosphere.

Visions
: Great follower for Episode, though it hasn't give me as much enjoyment as the previous one. I think this album has perfect metal sound and a good variety of songs, slow, ballad and fast ones. Funnily the song Abyss of Your Eyes sounds more a song from Destiny album. Worth to mention: the opening of Holy Light is epic. Its a shame that part was not used another time later in the song. My favorite song: Legions, Coming Home, Visions (title song somehow reminds me of the Helloween title song "Keeper of the 7 keys").

Destiny: As I like this as much as Visions, I'm not familiar with the keyboard parts in some songs, that make the music sound something else than heavy metal (for example in Playing with Fire). With increasing keyboard stuff this album is clearly different from Episode/Visions, like a transition from heavy metal to power metal. Still very good. No really weak songs. SOS and Destiny are my favorites.

Infinite
: Another must have album of this band. Cant compare with previous, is this better or not? Impossible to say, you must hear these all. I love the lyrics and the theme of this (In general I love all lyrics by Tolkki so far) and there are plenty of very catchy songs. The sounds are still very good and again I cannot find a weak song here, mostly I love the whole album. Mother Gaia is a gem, and I like very much the title song. I can imagine how the closing ballad Celestial Dream have probably triggered a lot of fans but personally I like it - great lyrics and great vocals.

Intermission: This is not as bad as many reviews say. It contains many beautiful ballads. Kind of compilation of awesome ballads, spiced with some faster metal songs. I have problems listening The Curtains are Falling: the melody is brilliant, but the keyboards beside guitars sounds awkward and there are double bass drums in places where they dont sound good. I love to hear Tolkki singing in the cover Kill the King.

Elements: I love both elements albums. I love the lyrics of them, and the epic progressive songs. Imo its a big big shame these albums have worse sounds as previous ones. (Im listening these from Spotify). The guitar just sounds much worse than in previous albums, the sound is not so metallic and sharp. I see most of people dont like the second album, while I love it. Its also funny how the hit of Elemens is "Eagleheart" which as a song is totally out of context, compared to other songs. But this is again my own experience, and yes, its brilliant song but in my ears its more an Infinite/Destiny song, instead of Elements song. In the first album I feel weird listening Stratofortress. It sounds like they just try to show how fast they can play. For me the true masterpieces are Papillon and Elements. Sometimes I think smiling, what has been the fans reactions on the song Fantasia. On the second album there are less ups and downs, and every song sounds just really really good in my ears. I don't have a glue why many dont like that album, I love it. Especially I love the opening Alpha & Omega because of its special lyrics and my other favorite is Season of Faith's Perfection.

Stratovarius: This is the most difficult album for me to listen. I think as an album this is as important as previous ones, it shows honestly the truth and the crisis inside the band. I hear several catchy moments in this album, but I can't say more, because I simply can't listen this, I haven't (yet) found motivation to listen carefully this one.

Polaris: I never had a plan to listen this new band until one friend asked me "have you heard Matias playing? He is awesome". Yes, I take this as a totally new band and I love this album. This is totally another story but a good one. There are so many very good songs here. You can't miss this one, even this is just the beginning for what's to come next... Favorites: Blind, Higher We Go, Winter Skies. Goose bumps: Emancipation Suite (especially part II)

Elysium: I can't live without this album. This one has flawless sound, and the whole album is a masterpiece. There are not so catchy melodies as we are used to hear from this band, but the songs are epic in another way. The band plays so super well toghether, and you can hear very clearly every instrument. The long title song is not only the best thing I have ever heard from Strato, but its also the most impressive thing I have heard in metal music. After listening million of times this, I notice sometimes I want to skip the ballad Move the Mountain. Worth to mention: guitar solo of Infernal Maze.

Nemesis: Its so refreshing to see these guys are able to put out something very different than Elysium, and still very interesting. I love how the band is playing with electronic elements and how they integrated perfectly in the songs. Imo the sounds are overproduced on this, but its still not too bad. I enjoy very much every song except One Must Fall. Imo it should have been replaced with the awesome bonus song Fireborn. All other songs I could list as my favorites, they are just so special everyone. This is of course a must have album.

Eternal: It took me a while to listen to this. First reaction was confusion, because the sounds are again overproduced and this time Timo's vocals are too much in background, while the guitar and keyboards sounds too massive and unclear. This album sounds much more straightforward and simple than Nemesis, but the songs are still awesome and they contain many catchy melodies which makes me feel this album is bit like Polaris2. I can't find a weak song from this one, I enjoy very very much listening this album, Rise Above It, Feeding the Fire, In My Line of Works (guitar solo here!), Few are Those... something I want to mention. Beside the weird production, I dont agree that the ultra fast parts in Lost Saga sounds good. Like Strato try to make something Children of Bodom made better already 15 years ago. At least the last ultra fast part at the end sounds really bad for me. Nevermind, I love also this album.

Enigma:
Im really happy the great bonus songs are now in one album, I have been listening this very much. But not that much the new songs. I don't know why, but I haven't yet get familiar with them, except Burn Me Down which imo would be a brilliant live song (why they play the other two live but not this?!). The orchestral versions are interesting and kinda relaxing to hear, while I wouldn't consider them as "must hear". About the bonus songs...Im just amazed how good songs they have left out from studio albums. Hunter, Kill It with Fire, Giants, Fireborn, Castaway...mindblowing stuff. Not to mention Last Shore which in all its weirdness has brilliant melody and its a shame they didn't make longer that song, it could have easily been a 7-9 minute song.

And...
Maybe should give extra mention to the song "Until the end of the Days" which can be found only from the compilation published in 2016. I don't know the facts, but remember someone saying it's a song that didn't fit in Eternal. I like the song very much, its a positivity booster like Fantasy on Nemesis.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:49 pm

Fright Night 6 - It's a different Strato. Good to average Heavy Metal.
Twilight Time 6 - Love the slower more atmospheric tracks. More Power Metal traces in the faster tracks.
Dreamspace 5 - Has some great stuff but it overstays its welcome. Too much filler bring it down to me. I can never listen to the whole album from start to finish.
Fourth Dimension 6 - Band's identity found. Twilight Syphony is a masterpiece. Has the same filler problem as Dreamspace to me.
Episode 7 - Classic Tolkki Stratovarius. Trim the fat, improve on the FD composition style. New lineup shines bright.
Visions 8 - Masterful continuation to the previous album. Powerful slower songs, classic metal anthems, amazing performances.
Destiny 9 - My favorite Tolkki-era album. From the amazing tittle song, going through Rebel, No Turning Back, Playing with Fire and more. It's a very mature solid album, from the slow to the fast. From the atmospheric to the heavy.
Infinite 8 - Not as good as its predecessor but still really good. I love Mother Gaia and Jens' Glory of the World. Some songs just don't hit it for me.
Intermission 6 - Some really beautiful songs like Will my Soul ever Rest in Peace and Keep the Flame. Why are we Here is a hidden gem. The covers are pretty good. I feel the album is too long for its own good, but it's a really nice compilation.
Elements Pt. 1 8 - Not a fan of the extremely light sound some songs have, but the melodies and compositions are just fantastic. Kotipelto is singing way too high in some songs I feel though. Still a great record. Elements is in my opinion the best long-form song Tolkki ever made.
Elements Pt. 2 4 - I'm Still alive + filler. Don't care for this one at all.
Stratovarius 5 - Has more tracks I enjoy than EL2. The Land of Ice and Snow alone is better than anything in EL2. Fight is pretty nice and Back to Madness is a reflection of Tolkki's state of mind at the time, and it has always been an interesting track for me because of this. Too many trash songs for me to really like it though.
Revolution Renaissance 7 - Hope they play these songs in the reunion concerts [???]. Solid and straightforward. I feel many of these songs just deserve more love.
Polaris 5 - The new lineup has no idea of what they're doing. Trying to emulate Tolkki too much. Kotipelto w/o Jani just isn't the same. Sounds more like Kotipeltovarius. Very middle of the road for me.
Elysium 8 - Band is realizing what they can do with the new lineup. The track Elysium itself is in my opinion the best Strato song ever made. There's many great songs here but it does feel a bit lost in some passages. Massive improvement over Polaris still.
Nemesis 9 - The band has found their new sound. It's powerful and fresh yet recognizable. The guitar mix is fantastic, and the compositions are bright and daring. Even Tolkki liked this one. This is the new lineup's Episode.
Eternal 10 - Every single song in this album is fantastic. My Eternal Dream is bound to be a new classic just like Black Diamond was so many years ago. Kotipelto and Jani make a fantastic duo for composing. Matias and Lauri bring a sound to their songs that has come to define the new Stratovarius. Jens brings it all together with a familiar sound in his keyboards, and Rolf's drums are brutally good. Love this album so much.
Enigma 7 - Good compilation. You can tell this is a B-Side kind of deal, and while the new tracks are pretty good, just having the Japanese exclusives finally brought together is all I need. Love Castaway and Giants so much.

:)
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:57 pm

Fright Night (5)
Twilight Time (8 )
Dreamspace (8 )
Fourth Dimension 10
Episode (8 )
Visions (10)
Destiny (8
Infinite (10)
Intermission (7)
Elements Part 1 (8
Elements part 2 (5)
Stratovarius (7)
Polaris (7)
Elysium (6 )
Nemesis (6 )
Eternal (10)

I probably did this a long time ago but I'm too lazy to search it! :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Ovelitus

Post by Ovelitus » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:52 pm

Despite this is from 3 years ago, since I've decided to register today my first post will be on this post.

Fright Night: 5 (Poor production and songs are quite confusing. Good ideas but unproperly built)

Twilight Time: 7 (Too short. 1 or 2 tracks should have been added. I like some progressive elements but some other fails, like Madness Strikes At Midnight's intro.

Dreamspace: 9 (Stratovarius darkest album. I love this 80's dark sound,which makes Tolkki's vocals fit very well into this album.)

Fourth Dimension: 7 (Some people loves this album but I just find a halfway between the darkness of Dreamspace and and the speed of Episode. However, there are great songs as well like Against The Wind, Distant Skies or We Hold the Key.)

Episode: 9 (The album that laid down Stratovarius sound. Lots of speedy songs, neoclassical passages and some ballads as well.)

Visions 10 (Stratovarius at its finest. Except for Holy Light, which I've always found it quite boring, the rest of the songs are amazing.)

Destiny 7 (Overrated. Years Go By and Venus in the Morning are on of the Stratovarius most boring ballads I can remember. Destiny is brilliant but its slow part should have never existed and Anthem of The World is the real highlight)

Infinite: 8 (This hasn't aged well to me. At first, it was my favourite together with Visions but now it's far from it. Nowadays, with this album, I have the same feeling with some Sonata Arctica's albums: I find some songs extremely cheesy although I like it.).

Elements Pt.1: 9 (Stratovarius more gradiloquent and majestic work. I really like this album except I Find my Own Voice and that Drop in the Ocean's freaking outro.)

Stratovarius: 4 (Bad. I like Maniac Dance (yes, I'm one of these people who like it), Fight and United. Land of Ice and Snow is ok but not that beautiful ballad that is usually said and the rest of the album is weak or directly bad.)

Polaris: 7 (A proper reborn. Some good power tracks like Deep Unknown and Forever is Today but some weak like Somehow Precious, Emancipation Suite Part: 2 and King of Nothing.)

Elysium 8 (Nice job. Actually I like a lot this album except for Lifetime in a Moment that grows up way too slow and Elysium, which has never appealed me.)

Nemesis: 10 (Nice modern electronic power metal. Jens goes out of his comfort zone exploring new electronic sounds. Progressive elements are very prominent here as well)

Eternal 10 (Similar to Nemesis, but more neoclasically oriented. Both are extremely good.

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:33 pm

Fright Night - 5
Twilight Time - 6
Dreamspace - 6
Fourth Dimension - 6
Episode - 10
Visions - 10
Destiny - 9
Infinite - 8
Elements Pt. 1 - 8
Elements Pt. 2 - 7
Stratovarius - 5
Polaris - 7
Elysium - 8
Nemesis - 10
Eternal - 8

Also:
Intermission - 5
Enigma: Intermission Pt. 2 - 7

I will note majority of the reason I rate Nemesis that high is because it was not only the first Stratovarius album I ever heard, but the first power metal album I ever heard or bought. So strictly nostalgia really, but I kinda owe that album a lot so
-Southern_Cross

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:26 am

Fright Night - 4
I don't really listen to it. Bad production and vocals, but it has its charm.

Twilight Time - 8.5
This is a highly underrated album. Great guitar work, great singing, and the songs kick butt. The Hills Have Eyes, Out of the Shadows, Hands of Time, Break the Ice, so many awesome tunes. It has a cool vibe too.

Dreamspace - 8.5
This is as good if not better than Twilight Time. Has a really melancholy undertone and sounds more AOR. Some songs like Wings of Tomorrow, We are the Future, and Hold on to your Dream are these classic, timeless melodies. The only flaw is that the album is probably not musically too interesting (instrumentally, I mean).

Fourth Dimension - 6.5
Against the Wind, Galaxies, We Hold the Key, Twilight Symphony are all masterpieces. To be honest I end up skipping many of the other songs here. Winter, Stratovarius, Lord of the Wasteland, 030366, NightFall...five songs in a row of bland mediocrity. I also don't really like how Kotipelto sounds on some songs, for some reason.

Episode - 9
Classic after classic. Unforgettable tunes. Season of Change may be my favorite Stratovarius track, followed by Will the Sun Rise. Tomorrow, Uncertainty, Babylon, and Stratosphere are not "Genius" level as the other tracks, which brings it down to a 9.

Visions - 9
This album is a home run and maybe the most critically acclaimed Stratovarius album. The dark brooding atmosphere, the fast keyboard/guitar duals, the great production. I wish the lyrics were a little better (Paradise, Legions, etc). Also I'm not a fan of Forever Free and Before the Winter. But everything else here is a knockout.

Destiny - 8.5
The winners here are Destiny, and Anthem of the World. I think there is nothing in the last few Stratovarius albums that really compares to these two tracks. On the other hand...Venus in the Morning, Rebel, and Playing with Fire are kind of crap. Then there are a few other songs that are very good, but not great. Overall a strong album but certainly weaker than the last two.

Infinite - 8
First things first: Millenium and Celestial Dream are bad tracks. Glory to the World and Freedom are catchy and fun, but there is no musical genius there. Also, Infinite (the title track), while a good song, is also not on par with other long songs Stratovarius has put out (Destiny, Visions in particular). All of that drops this album to an 8. The good news is, even the songs that miss the mark are still "pretty good". Plus, Hunting High and Low, Phoenix, and Mother Gaia are great. Also, good clean production.

Elements Pt. 1 - 9
This is the best sounding Stratovarius album by a mile. I also love how over the top and symphonic it is. This goes down as one of my favorite albums of all time. At times I think Kotipelto sings a bit too high and Find Your Own Voice is a bit over the top in every sense. But the band in Elements is really at their peak and it definitely shows.

Elements Pt. 2 - 8.5
I'm Still Alive, Season of Faith's Perfection, Dreamweaver, and Liberty are all very solid tracks. Plus it has the same great production of Pt. 1. I think this one doesn't get the attention it deserves. On the minus side, Awaken the Giant is kind of boring, I Walk to my Own Song has terrible lyrics and is not imaginative. And Know the Difference is a bit cheesy though I still appreciate it.

Stratovarius - 7
Its not bad! Gypsy in Me, Leave the Tribe, Maniac Dance, Land of Ice and Snow are great songs. To be honest I have no interest in listening to Gotterdammerung, Just Carry On, or Back to Madness. Very boring songs. So certainly not a great album but not a disaster by any means.

Polaris - 6.5
Winter Skies, and Deep Unknown are both big home runs. Falling Star, King of Nothing, and Higher we Go are kind of cool but not exceptional. Blind and Forever is Today are cheesy power metal cookie cutter songs. Somehow Precious is crap, and Emancipation Suite is dull and has no replay value.

Elysium - 7
Darkest Hours is great. So is the title track, and Move the Mountain. But I don't like the way the album sounds, the singing is too high, etc. The remaining songs like Infernal Maze, Event Horizon are just too fast paced and don't have any charm or hooks. Its a very high energy album that misses the mark for me, but its not bad either.

Nemesis - 8.5
So many great songs here. If the Story is Over, Castles in the Air, Halcyon Days, Abandon. Not sure if I think this electronic ambiance is the right direction for the band, but they pull it off well enough here. Overall, a fresh burst of inspiration. I actually can't think of any song on this album that I don't like.

Eternal - 9
I haven't listened to this one as much, but i'm starting to get back into it now. So far, I really like it. Lots of great melodies and a very classic sound with some modern touches. My only grievance is the mushy production. These songs would sound incredible live, if only I had the chance.

EnriqueBunsterZ

Post by EnriqueBunsterZ » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:15 am

Fright Night (8/10)
Twilight Time (8)
Dreamspace (10)
Fourth Dimension (9)
Episode (10)
Visions (10)
Destiny (10)
Infinite (10)
Elements Part 1 (10)
Elements part 2 (7)
Stratovarius (6)
Polaris (8)
Elysium (9)
Nemesis (8)
Eternal (8)

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:35 pm

I will only rate current era.

Polaris (4 out of 5 stars)
Elysium (With the triumphant ending to the album I could give it 5 stars but it disappointed me at that time there wasn’t more songs like event horizon, 4 out of 5 Stars)
Nemesis (4 out of 5 stars)
Eternal (3 out of 5 stars. The album never stuck with me.)