Ever coming back to tour US?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
JonnyKash
Ever coming back to tour US?

Post by JonnyKash » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:10 am

So I told a friend that I couldn't stomach metal music. I said "It's all performed with guys that know maybe two chords, who can't even play the same song together, with distortion turned up to the point you can barely distinguish drums from vocal, and a lead singer who thinks he's the Cookie Monster." My friend smiled and said "Have you listened to any Stratovarious?" Strato-who? I replied. "Check this out", he said. He then played me "Black Diamond" and my world changed. Precision musicianship across the entire line up. Clear audio. Intense passion.

So, having now been hooked, I find your appearances at venues in the US to be rare. I would drive 300 miles (483 km) and pay well to see a live show.

Any chance at all of a show in the US at any time in the future???

fuck

Re: Ever coming back to tour US?

Post by fuck » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:54 pm

I’m gay.

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:53 pm

Copypasta worthy

IIRC getting a US work visa is a pain in the ass now, so it's way more profitable to keep hitting the same countries in Europe with the occasional stop in South America and Japan.

Canada might be a slightly better bet although if you're trying to dodge the US there's only so many places in Canada where you can perform, so it's also a crapshoot.

Your best hope is probably to wait until they announce they're on 70000 Tons of Metal someday and then get yourself a ticket on that cruise.

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:09 am

JonnyKash wrote:So I told a friend that I couldn't stomach metal music. I said "It's all performed with guys that know maybe two chords, who can't even play the same song together, with distortion turned up to the point you can barely distinguish drums from vocal, and a lead singer who thinks he's the Cookie Monster." My friend smiled and said "Have you listened to any Stratovarious?" Strato-who? I replied. "Check this out", he said. He then played me "Black Diamond" and my world changed. Precision musicianship across the entire line up. Clear audio. Intense passion.

So, having now been hooked, I find your appearances at venues in the US to be rare. I would drive 300 miles (483 km) and pay well to see a live show.

Any chance at all of a show in the US at any time in the future???
yea Black Diamond was the first song I heard from them too, and I was wowed. But I already liked metal back then. That's 20 years ago. Damn time goes by fast...

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:36 am

I was lucky to see them in 2005. Good times.

Sonata Arctica tends to come more often than Strato though.

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:02 pm

Other than the occasional cruise spot, and I think a performance at ProgPower USA in - 2012 was it? - good luck. The last time they toured the states was in 2009, the one and only time I've seen them live. Been dying for a tour since. I'm gutted I'll probably never get to see many Elysium, Nemesis or Eternal songs live, if any, at this point. I was lucky to see Deep Unknown and Winter Skies...