Happy Bday Timo Tolkki, wherever you are

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Pancio
Happy Bday Timo Tolkki, wherever you are

Post by Pancio » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:27 pm

As you know, today is Tolkki's birthday, 52 years on this planet with tons of good songs and tons of crap.
Strato still on the road and the guys are in a very good shape, kicking Asses. So I think it's a good thing they've decided to split, but not for the shit that Tolkki created for quit them.

Hope that he could be happy again, rising from the ashes to made good music since I know his trouble nowadays (anyone of you have news?)

Anyway, share here the best memory 'bout him here below.

Mine was back in 2010 when he played in Bologna along with Derek Sherinian, Greg Bissonette, Elias Viljainen, Michele Luppi and other guys during Ultimate World Guitar Exhibition.
Other musicians during the same concert were Malmsteen, Jennifer Batten, Lynch, Aldritch and many more.

This is important, for me, 'cause it was the last show from him, here in Italy, and he played Stratosphere plus Since you've been gone and, most important, Long Live Rock n Roll.
Why is so important? Because that concert was in May the 15, a day before Ronnie James Dio death (I' m still sad, but that day I've cried a lot, remembering LLRnR played by Timo the previous day).

C'mon Timo, we're waiting[/list]

NeverendingAbyss

Re: Happy Bday Timo Tolkki, wherever you are

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:36 pm

The photoshops were fun.

Back on topic, I was listening to the RR Demos yesterday. The nostalgia of having TT in Stratovarius hit home pretty hard. Happy birthday, you beautiful bastard. :beer:

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:36 am

I saw him in 2005 when they came to Montreal. Also, it was the first concert I've ever been to. It was awesome.

happy birthday Timo

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:52 am

I'm not optimistic about TT coming back. But my music would sound 100% different if at all without Timo's influence. Good luck to you wherever you are.

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:17 am

For however he's behaved over the years (whether it's his fault or not), and despite all the bullshit that happened in the band, the guy's music and records quite literally shaped my life. Happy birthday, Timo. Hope you're well.