Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Tolkki's new band with Jari K. "Infinite Vision"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SatanicSmile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Haven't read everything in this topic but

Rather extensive interview with Tolkki in Finnish (from week ago): https://www.impe.fi/articles/1/2834

Talking about this "new band", according to this interview, the record company just messed up something big time. Tolkki haven't even talked with Kotipelto, he doesn't have his phone number. Tolkki says he sometimes talks with Lauri and Matias.

Tolkki wrote a song called "Dangerous" for Stratovarius. This song was demo for Avalon, but Frontiers didn't accept it for the album.

AAAAAAAAAA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

SatanicSmile wrote:

Tolkki wrote a song called "Dangerous" for Stratovarius. This song was demo for Avalon, but Frontiers didn't accept it for the album.

Good lord Laughing

icecab21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:44 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Talking about this "new band", according to this interview, the record company just messed up something big time.

I wonder just how did the record company mess up big time? They just used those names out of nowhere?

SatanicSmile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

icecab21 wrote:
Quote:
Talking about this "new band", according to this interview, the record company just messed up something big time.

I wonder just how did the record company mess up big time? They just used those names out of nowhere?

There's no answer to this on the interview. Tolkki just says that he contacted the record company after hearing about it, and told them to publish new press release to tell people how things actually are. What actually happened and how, who knows. Actual misunderstanding or maybe publicity stunt?

Anyways it's pretty nice interview, it has talk about all the projects (some old too), new book, publicity stunts of the past, social media (Tolkki says his facebook is blocked because of ”suspicious activity”)

NeverendingAbyss

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:22 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Suspicious activity? Is he promoting ISIS wtf? Laughing

SatanicSmile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:49 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Suspicious activity? Is he promoting ISIS wtf? Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Well from what I've heard a lot recently, freedom of speech does not exist in FB at all. People getting blocked/temporarily banned for whatever silly reasons

Pancio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Well, that's weird! lol

No Kotipelto, no Pilve, no Kainulainen and not even the songs, only titles written with a "Song Title Generator": https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/ song-title-generator.php and album name in reminiscence of Stratovarius.

Basically Tolkki stated that, at the moment, he need to compose everything and he will start during his tour in South/Central America. Definitely a publicity stunt but who cares?

Anyway it's a good interview, there's nothing new but a lot of little details and talk after a lot of silence. It's good to know that he realizes how much Avalon pt.2 sucks, but it's not only a production problem, the whole album is awful except for a couple of songs.

It's nice to hear him talk about his publicity stunts and Miss K. part gave me a big smile; do you remeber that time? The Kabbalah, Jesus Christ, Hitler and the fake attempted murder? Jens pissing on Tolkki during Piorno Rock, Jorg and Timo K leaving the band, Jari fired and so on.

I know that Strato guys suffered a lot due to Tolkki, also from an econoimic point of view, but after 10 years or so it's funny from a fan perspective.

About Tolkki himself: I've checked the videos from his live performances and I have to give him credits, with a year of work he can be back at his 98/99 skill level, a couple of year without depression and problems and he can, hopefully, play again at his Elements skill level; for now I can clearly see his improvements but that's not enough.

Nice to hear that they blocked his Facebook account also, he must stay outside social media.

SentineLEX
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

TT drama back again

Feels like the good old days

HoldenCaulfield

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Dear Stratofans.

I am very happy to read Icecab21 words again.

I was gonna explain the truth behind all this drama.

But my keyboard just got broken.

Greetings from Volos.

-HC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum