Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Japanese culture topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Angel_of_Death
Sr. Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2002
Posts: 1158

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

About GTO, I didn't see the anime nor the movie.
But I've seen some screenshots and the actor who plays Onizuka doesn't look like him at all! Surprised

Anyway, the manga is great... that's so funny!! Laughing

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kaoru
Sr. Member
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

Joined: 13 Jun 2003
Posts: 469
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Angel_of_Death wrote:
About GTO, I didn't see the anime nor the movie.
But I've seen some screenshots and the actor who plays Onizuka doesn't look like him at all! Surprised

Anyway, the manga is great... that's so funny!! Laughing


Well... I have forgotten who plaied Onizuka at that movie! Laughing
I remember his face ,
But I can't remembered his name!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Angel_of_Death
Sr. Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2002
Posts: 1158

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

What did you think about the movie?

But I've heard there's also a TV series (in live, with real actors...) Confused

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kaoru
Sr. Member
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

Joined: 13 Jun 2003
Posts: 469
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Angel_of_Death wrote:
What did you think about the movie?

But I've heard there's also a TV series (in live, with real actors...) Confused


I like the movie better than manga.
because the drawing of that manga is not my favorite type.
I like Shojo manga...

Sorry I don't know that TV series...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Angel_of_Death
Sr. Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2002
Posts: 1158

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

You like shoujo?

So do you like Utena, Fushigi Yuugi? Personally I really like FY. Wink
(Nuriko is my favorite character!)

But I think the drawings of GTO are good. (and funny...) Tongue

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Silence
Member
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Posts: 73
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hm, I don't know very much about FY but... do you know Ayashi no Ceres? One of my favorite series Wink (anime as well as manga).

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Angel_of_Death
Sr. Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2002
Posts: 1158

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

This is also by Yuu Watase... I've only read the first volume of Ayashi no Ceres, but I prefer FY. This series is really great!! BTW, Watase's graphic style is awesome! Very Happy

I'd like to see more anime. If only I had Kazaa... but I need DSL Sad

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Silence
Member
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Posts: 73
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Angel_of_Death wrote:
BTW, Watase's graphic style is awesome! Very Happy

I'd like to see more anime. If only I had Kazaa... but I need DSL Sad


I agree with you Wink One of my favorite manga-ka actually Wink

Hmm...why don't you have DSL? Too expensive? Meanwhile I couldn't live without DSL anymore... Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Angel_of_Death
Sr. Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2002
Posts: 1158

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Silence wrote:
Hmm...why don't you have DSL? Too expensive? Meanwhile I couldn't live without DSL anymore... Smile

No, that's not the price... but I would need to change the PC! Sad

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Silence
Member
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Posts: 73
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Angel_of_Death wrote:
Quote:
Silence wrote:
Hmm...why don't you have DSL? Too expensive? Meanwhile I couldn't live without DSL anymore... Smile

No, that's not the price... but I would need to change the PC! Sad


And what's the problem?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Angel_of_Death
Sr. Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2002
Posts: 1158

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

This PC is too old. I would need to change ALL because with this one I can't have DSL, and a new PC is expensive... Buh

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jicco
Member


Joined: 16 Jun 2003
Posts: 101

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hi, I come here after a long time!
I've been busy...and tomorrow I have an operation for my gums.(I'm scared. Worried )

The Explanation of Japanese grammer is written after an operation.
Could you wait a moment?
I'd like to talk to you again soon! Wink

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Angel_of_Death
Sr. Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2002
Posts: 1158

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
jicco wrote:
I've been busy...and tomorrow I have an operation for my gums.(I'm scared. Worried )

Ganbatte ne ! Wink

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Silence
Member
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Posts: 73
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Angel_of_Death wrote:
Quote:
jicco wrote:
I've been busy...and tomorrow I have an operation for my gums.(I'm scared. Worried )

Ganbatte ne ! Wink


Hehe, from me too Wink

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kaoru
Sr. Member
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

Joined: 13 Jun 2003
Posts: 469
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Angel_of_Death wrote:
You like shoujo?

So do you like Utena, Fushigi Yuugi? Personally I really like FY. Wink
(Nuriko is my favorite character!)

But I think the drawings of GTO are good. (and funny...) Tongue


Sorry I don't know...Crying

BTW
Many Japanese read manga with magazines.
I feel animation broadcasting on television decreased than some years ago.
or
Since much animation is broadcast in the early evening, maybe I only feel so.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kaoru
Sr. Member
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

Joined: 13 Jun 2003
Posts: 469
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Silence wrote:
Quote:
Angel_of_Death wrote:
Quote:
jicco wrote:
I've been busy...and tomorrow I have an operation for my gums.(I'm scared. Worried )

Ganbatte ne ! Wink


Hehe, from me too Wink


I hope jicco gets well soon! Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Angel_of_Death
Sr. Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2002
Posts: 1158

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Jicco, we want you ! Very Happy

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Angel_of_Death
Sr. Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2002
Posts: 1158

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'd like to talk about the seasons in Japan.

For those who don't speak Japanese:

Haru/Spring
Natsu/Summer
Aki/Autumn
Fuyu/Winter

What is your favorite season and why? Which seasons do you dislike?

In France, I hate summer. It's just too hot. Buh
Winter is a bit cold, but snow is beautiful... too bad the snow here doesn't fall as much as some years ago. Sad
Spring and autumn are both cool seasons. Maybe because there is no extreme weather...
Here the forests in autumn are magnificent! Very Happy

Sadly, I've never been to Japan so I can't talk about the seasons there Crying

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Silence
Member
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Posts: 73
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hm...I like winter Wink And autumn actually too as long as it's cold. I don't really like summer especialls not this year. Here in Germany it was too hot. Luckily I was in Sweden then and there the weather was quite okay although it rained some days. I hope the winter is coming soon - I need snow again Wink

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Angel_of_Death
Sr. Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2002
Posts: 1158

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I hope you HAVE some snow in Germany... for a few years I don't know what snow means anymore Laughing

And we had heat during 3 months this summer... hell on earth!! >=(

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Looranja
Member


Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Posts: 241

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Gaah!! I wanna snow too!!!

Brazil is too hot and we don't have snow... sad sad sad sad.... I can't stand hot weather anymore!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ladyofeternity
Sr. Member


Joined: 03 Nov 2002
Posts: 3833

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Looranja wrote:
Gaah!! I wanna snow too!!!

Brazil is too hot and we don't have snow... sad sad sad sad.... I can't stand hot weather anymore!


I don't like so much Cold !
I prefer the SUN ........... Very Happy

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Looranja
Member


Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Posts: 241

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Oh no!! I hate hot weather... -_-'
Cold is much better!! ^^'
Uuuh... I wanna a COLD winter!... but its hotter and hotter... and the summer is coming... T_T

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ladyofeternity
Sr. Member


Joined: 03 Nov 2002
Posts: 3833

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Oh No, In the Winter I just want to stay in my bed & sleep hehehe.........

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kaoru
Sr. Member
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

Joined: 13 Jun 2003
Posts: 469
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Angel_of_Death wrote:
I'd like to talk about the seasons in Japan.

For those who don't speak Japanese:

Haru/Spring
Natsu/Summer
Aki/Autumn
Fuyu/Winter

What is your favorite season and why? Which seasons do you dislike?

In France, I hate summer. It's just too hot. Buh
Winter is a bit cold, but snow is beautiful... too bad the snow here doesn't fall as much as some years ago. Sad
Spring and autumn are both cool seasons. Maybe because there is no extreme weather...
Here the forests in autumn are magnificent! Very Happy

Sadly, I've never been to Japan so I can't talk about the seasons there Crying


I like Autumn.
Because autumn gives many delicious foods for me.
But I like Spring as well.
Because the cherry blossoms are in bloom! Wink

If I dare to say...
I dislike Winter. Sad

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Angel_of_Death
Sr. Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2002
Posts: 1158

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I don't know how winter is in Japan, so I can't say if I agree or not... Tongue

I've heard there are typhoons in September (?) Confused

And what do you think about summer? Wink

Btw, I hope you hadn't had too much problems with the recent earthquakes... Sad

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Looranja
Member


Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Posts: 241

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

earthquakes? Oh! I didn't know that there was recent earthquakes!
Is evertything ok?

Oh... our luck is that in Brazil we don't have any earthquakes or hurricanes...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaoru
Sr. Member
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

Joined: 13 Jun 2003
Posts: 469
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Angel_of_Death wrote:
I don't know how winter is in Japan, so I can't say if I agree or not... Tongue

I've heard there are typhoons in September (?) Confused

And what do you think about summer? Wink

Btw, I hope you hadn't had too much problems with the recent earthquakes... Sad


The reason that I dislike winter is ,
The frozen street is slippery and dangerous to walk on. Sad
There are some days when snow falls in winter of Tokyo.
Snow melt in many cases immediately, so its freeze on the road surface at the next morning. Sad

Summer...umm

I do not like summer but I do not dislike summer.
But I think "Beer in summer is delicious."Very Happy
Hot temperature makes beer delicious!Very Happy

Thank you but I'm ok.
Recent earthquakes happened in Hokkaido.
Hokkaido is far from Tokyo.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Angel_of_Death
Sr. Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2002
Posts: 1158

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Kaoru wrote:
Thank you but I'm ok.
Recent earthquakes happened in Hokkaido.
Hokkaido is far from Tokyo.

I didn't know this happened in Hokkaido. I just heard there has been earthquakes... Eyes

Anyway, I guess Japanese people are used to this... but I don't know how I would react if there were an earthquake here Confused

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kaoru
Sr. Member
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

Joined: 13 Jun 2003
Posts: 469
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Japanese culture topic Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Angel_of_Death wrote:
Quote:
Kaoru wrote:
Thank you but I'm ok.
Recent earthquakes happened in Hokkaido.
Hokkaido is far from Tokyo.

I didn't know this happened in Hokkaido. I just heard there has been earthquakes... Eyes

Anyway, I guess Japanese people are used to this... but I don't know how I would react if there were an earthquake here Confused


I think your guess is right...

Many earthquakes happened in Japan especially this year.Sad

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group