The bitchy thread.

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Nicko
The bitchy thread.

Post by Nicko » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:57 pm

Ok another ingenious idea on my behalf! This is the thread where yo ucan basically bitch about stuff (please note this is NOT the same as the flaming thread, if it ends up like that i will delete it) I mean bitching about non-persons.

To give you the general idea i'll start.

Spider-man, i watched this film again last night and realised just how man things are wrong with it.

Pointer number 1: Mary Jane was made out to be a pathetic, whining, always getting into trouble kinda girl. Whereas in the comics she was always quite headstrong and able to look after herself.

2: The webshooters. Apparently due to the tightness of the suit they couldn't fit webshooters on the wrists of Tobey Maguire (and whoever played spiderman) This is stupid, one of the pivotal parts of the comic was Peter's ability to create his own web shooting devices, highlighting his intelligence and scientific mind.

3: Did Flash Thompson ever go out with Mary jane? I dont think he did

4: The Green Goblin!! >=( >=( The worst part of the whole film, Willem Dafoe was great however. Basically they changed the character. First of all he didn't voluntarily inject himself, he was caught in an explosion. Second his costume was not fucking body armour, it was the same stuff as Spidermans, complete with rubber mask. He even had a little bag to carry all his pumpkin bombs!!

They seem to have missed out a lot of the green Goblin storyline. Peter's first love was Gwen Stacey, who the Green Goblin killed. This was completely bypassed in the film and made we wonder if Sam Raimi had even read a Spiderman comic.

Another Green Goblin error is near the end of the film, Spiderman webs up a the Green Goblins path so he cant get to him, however the Goblin just breaks through it with ease. Now correct me if im wrong but wasn't Doctor Octopus the first one to break Spideys web, and didn't Spidey almost give up his superhero career after it? I do believe he did!!

Oh yeah one more thing, Peter never fancied Mary jane since he was a kid, he first met her when his aunt May set him up on a blind date with her!!!

There i thin i've done. Goddamn i can bitch can't i! =P

Taim

Re: The bitchy thread.

Post by Taim » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:32 pm

Spiderman was a pile of crap, except for few funny scenes in first half :P
It was a match made in Hell, now the whole mountain burns...
... and everyman gets what no man deserves.

~ www.sentenced.prv.pl ~

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:35 pm

Spiderman is one of the worst super-hero movies. What a waste of good actors ...
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

Nicko

Post by Nicko » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:15 pm

I wouldn't call it a pile of crap or the worst super-hero movie ever (you should try watching Captain America) but it just annoyed me how they missed bits out and changed the storyline!

Nicko

Post by Nicko » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:15 pm

I wouldn't call it a pile of crap or the worst super-hero movie ever (you should try watching Captain America) but it just annoyed me how they missed bits out and changed the storyline!

RD*

Post by RD* » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:35 pm

I thought Gwen's death had something to do with Jackal. And that she fell to her death.
Oh well, I haven't read much comics in the past few years, and as far as I can tell, even the comics have so many different variations on certain plots that you can't hold it against the moviemakers to write a plot of their own...of course it's not the same as the comics, but it wasn't bad IMHO.
Ok, the web shooting thingey bothered me as well, but not nearly enough as did the fact in the comic that he actually makes his own web and that it's that powerful...hey if you're gonna have a spider-super-hero, shouldn't he have a web of his own as well...?
Well now he does, yay! :D
He's got to make his own mistakes
And learn to mend the mess he makes
He's old enough to know what's right
But young enough not to choose it

Nicko

Post by Nicko » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:40 pm

I'm pretty sure it was the Goblin that killed her, but then i could be wrong. The Goblin killed Captain Stacey as well I think.

StratoHeart

Re: Re: The bitchy thread.

Post by StratoHeart » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:14 am

Nicko wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was the Goblin that killed her, but then i could be wrong. The Goblin killed Captain Stacey as well I think.
Nope. Octopus did. About Gwen, this is the scene: the Goblin throw her down a bridge, but she is still alive. Then Parker throw the web and catch her by the foot and, in the inertia impact, wreck her neck. That's why he never forgive himself.

Spider Man is my favorite char, I love this guy. As Nicko said, though the movie story have few things to do with the "true" story, I liked it, and probably all the fans too. I found a lot of mistakes too, but i don't have time to write it at the moment. I'll do it later.

Nicko

Post by Nicko » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:17 am

ahh right, i knew that one of Spideys arch nemesi killed Captain Stacey!

Taim

Post by Taim » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:19 am

Noo!!!!!!!
It was Saadam Husain who killed Gwen =P
It was a match made in Hell, now the whole mountain burns...
... and everyman gets what no man deserves.

~ www.sentenced.prv.pl ~

Elements

Post by Elements » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:37 am

I can't remember exactly without looking, but wasn't it the Goblin who held two women on top of the bridge, and Spidey had to choose which one to save? I think they were doing their best to recreate that, but adding the cablecar of kids was a bit more emotive

Nicko

Post by Nicko » Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:27 pm

Elements wrote:
I can't remember exactly without looking, but wasn't it the Goblin who held two women on top of the bridge, and Spidey had to choose which one to save? I think they were doing their best to recreate that, but adding the cablecar of kids was a bit more emotive
I dunno to be honest, seen as i was born in 86 and the majority of Goblin storylines were before that, or beforei got into Spiderman. I'm just bitching about the parts that i know that they changed.

Nicko

Post by Nicko » Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:28 pm

gorgona wrote:
Sweet thread Nicko :)

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:55 pm

Some mistakes I've found:

Dr. Mendell Stromm working for Oscorp and dying in Norman experiment? :lol:

Parker didn't fight to get money, before the death of Ben Parker. He appeared at TV programs.

His first enemy was Chameleon.

The spider which gave him the power... oh, this one you know.

Nicko

Post by Nicko » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:05 pm

StratoHeart wrote:
Dr. Mendell Stromm working for Oscorp and dying in Norman experiment? :lol:

lol yeah i thought that
Parker didn't fight to get money, before the death of Ben Parker. He appeared at TV programs.
technically he fought first, he had a go at the "spends three minutes.." thing to test his powers. But yeah after that it was TV programmes.
His first enemy was Chameleon.
ahh yes, i couldnt remember who the first enemy was
The spider which gave him the power... oh, this one you know.
yeah they completely fuckedup the storyline by changing how he got his powers!

Elements

Post by Elements » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:33 pm

Well come on, people know too much about radiation these days. Nobody would buy a "Radioactive spiderbite"

Like how they changed the Hulk's story to make it a bit more believeable

Nicko

Post by Nicko » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:40 pm

its not supposed to be fucking believeable!!! >=( Its the story of spider-man, just because the film was made 40 years after the comis was originally produced doesn't mean they could change the whole storyline.

And don't get me started on the Hulk, they changed the story to be more believable? He turns into a great fucking green thing, its already unbe-fucking-lievable!!!!

Elements

Post by Elements » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:48 pm

Calm down there champ :)

They were just bringing it up to the modern day is what I meant. I honestly can't see it being as popular if they had kept it in the 50's style of radiation creating superheroes (I think almost all of them were with the exception of Batman and Superman.)

And regards the Hulk, yes, but now he is a more believable great fucking freen thing =P Plus: Nick Nolte....COME ON, NICK NOLTE!!

Nicko

Post by Nicko » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:56 pm

:lol: sorry i told you i like to bitch!!

I know they "modernised it" but, as an avid spiderman fan, i felt really let down by the fact that they changed it. People need to realise it was created in the 60's and its gonna be starnge. You dont get War films being completely re-written. "in this film the first world war was caused by the lack of support through the Potato famine in ireland, George Cannings decision to pass Catholic Emancipation didn't help already frail realtions."!!!

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:24 am

I am an avid fan, too, but I really think they did the best to show the Spidey's history even to people who never heard to talk about him. As they made with X-Men, a great sci-fi movie, even if you don't know jkack about mutants. Just imagine the Green Goblin using that violet stocking cap and throwing bomb-pumpkins from a bag... :lol: No way! It would be ridiculous!

They made a good adaptation of the history to nowadays, they don't left behind the roots of the char, at least we all see what we want: brilliant school results, the acident, Uncle Ben's death, love for MJ, social reprehension, JJJ... this is SpiderMan. As Elements said, we all already know that radiation cannot create heroes, but genetics is still a big mistery to people (well, at least to the MOST of people), and nobody knows really if we can create superheroes with it or not. That's why I liked it.

Anyway, though Spidey rules, the best of these latest sagas from comics IMO is the X-men's.

Nicko

Post by Nicko » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:36 am

Yeah your right it was a good film, but it bugs me that adaptations are usually so crap. You know, Psiderman was created by being bitten by a radioactive spider. The hulkwas created in a gamma ray explosion, it just annoysme that people cant keep things the way they were.

GreenPeace

Post by GreenPeace » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:15 pm

The movie hulk looks like a gargantuan green rubber ball.
[Insert punch line here]