Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

I got an offer from York!!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy So damn pleased! I just checked my UCAS application online and York St John have offered me a place to do English Literature!!! I'm so damn chuffed, admittedly it is only a conditional offer, but i only need 160 points, and thats pretty easy even with my shit History grades!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

metal_redhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

haha congrats! i dont know what that is though... but you sound excited so im happy for you Smile

Elements

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Cha'mone!

This sounds like time for a sexy party!! [/Stewie Griffin]

@metal_redhead: Our boy Nicko is off to university is what it means Smile

Nice one Nicko, is this your first reply? If so, here's to 5 more Smile

Nicko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cheers you two, Metal_redhead it means i have got a place in York university for next year!

@Elements - no that was my third reply. I got a conditional offer from Bath Spa for English Literature but they want two B's so thats a bit doubtful. And my application for Psychology at York was unsuccessful. I'm just happy because York is at the top of my list. Bath is about 3.5/4 hours away from here.

NordicStorm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Congrats!
Btw, what sort of credit system do you got over there...is it ECTS credits or what?

Nicko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

its called tarrif points, every grade (A B C D E F U) has a certain number of points (except U which means ungraded, basically you've failed) and you need a certain number of points to get into a University

Alternatively they can ask for a certain grade, lik BB or BC, which is a little harder.

Elements

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

It's weird, they switched to the tariff points system, yet all the unis still asked for grades instead. Easier I guess.

metal_redhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

ahh sorry from the u.s not familiar with a lot of other "lingo" but yeah congrats hope all goes well for you Smile

NordicStorm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Or the wheels of bureaucracy move as notoriously slow as they always have.
Nevertheless, it seems a bit more straightforward than the Finnish application system, where I had to fill out two different applications to two different instances. To apply to exactly the same university and exactly the same subject.

Taim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Congrats from me too Nicko, hope you'll do well there.

ECTS doesn't seem to be very relible, because you can only get either null or max points. I got grades along with ECTS on university.

Painless_Cry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

congratulations!!!!!!!!!! and best of luck!!! Smile

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Congrats, Study hard, and do well!
Remember: An education/knowledge is the one thing no one can take away from you!
Good luck, and remember to have a little fun along with all that studying.

aoye

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Congratulations, man
We're working with ECTS too, why don't they in the UK? Are you guys really that stubborn Tongue

NordicStorm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

But c'mon aoye, they haven't even switched to Euros over there yet Wink

aoye

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

True, and they're still driving on the wrong side of the road....

Taim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

That's just a begining of a long list of what's different there Wink

Nicko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

thanks for all the support guys, i was just so damn pleased.

@Allison - If i get accepted I'll start at the beginnind of the next school year, which is September.

@Elements - i never knew about htat change, but then why would I?Very Happy

@everyone who's ripping the piss out of England - >=( >=( >=( We dont have the Euro because the pound rules! We drive on the right side of the road, its everyone else thats wrong and i have no idea what ETCS means so i'm gonna stay stchum!!

Nicko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I've just checked UCAs again and now Bristol have offered me a place on there Sociology and Philosophical studies course!!! I almost creamed my pants!!

Elements

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

What a lovely image. Nicko McBrain getting overexcited.

Damn your avatar!

aoye

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

ECTS = European Credit Transfer System

Meaning that different universities throughout Europe use the same grading system. That way it is easier to study abroad for a year or so.

Just deal with it man, England sucks Tongue (i'm wondering if it was smart to post that)

Elements

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

aoye: May Hasselhoff cast you from his heart and restrict you form enjoying his vast love.

Nicko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

@Elements - thats a lovely image there mate Worried

aoye

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Elements wrote:
aoye: May Hasselhoff cast you from his heart and restrict you from enjoying his vast love.
The love between me and David is so intense that your foolish remarks have no effect whatsoever, you can't hurt me. I will always be in his heart (and he in mine), and there is nothing that you, nor anyone else, can say to change that.

GreenPeace

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: I got an offer from York!!!! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

[sorry I'm late]

Congrats Nicko! Hope you do well there. Bigok

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum